AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2017 – The management aspirants of the Andhra Pradesh state, who are interested in taking AP ICET 2017 can check the eligibility norms in detail here on this page. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati has released the notification for Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test 2017 along with the application form on March 01, 2017. The candidates must go through the APICET 2017 eligibility criteria before applying for the test as failure in not meeting these will lead to disqualification of candidature later on, irrespective of the level of admission process. According to the prescribed eligibility norms, the candidates having a Bachelor’s degree, passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate is eligible to apply for this state level entrance exam. AP ICET 2017 will be held on May 02, 2017 in morning and afternoon session. Read this article further to know the AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2017 in detail.
Latest AP ICET Result Announced – Check Here
Download AP ICET previous year question papers
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2017
Sri Venkateswara University has announced the AP ICET eligibility criteria along with the notification for the conduct of this exam. The eligibility norms form the basic conditions which must be satisfied by all the candidates in order to be considered for admissions. To avoid the rejection of application form or disqualification of candidature at the time of AP ICET 2017 counselling, it is imperative for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed to appear for this exam. Therefore, all the applicants are advised to first check the AP ICET 2017 eligibility conditions and then only apply for the exam.
The AP ICET 2017 eligibility criteria 2017 in detail is as follow –
Norm 1 – Nationality
- Both, Indian Nationals and others can apply for this entrance exam.
- The Indian National candidates should satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended.
- The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the Colleges/Universities where they apply for the test.
Norm 2 – Age Limitation
- There is no age restriction, candidates of any age can apply for the test.
Norm 3 – Academic Qualification
- The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration, passed with a minimum of 50% marks for the candidates belonging to non-reserved categories and 45% marks for the SC/ST and other reserved category candidates.
- Also, the candidates appearing for the final year examination of graduation or are waiting for the result announcement of their final year exams are eligible to apply for AP ICET 2017.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Qualifying Marks
The qualifying percentage of marks is 25% (i.e. 50 marks out of total 200 marks). However, for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, no minimum qualifying percentage of marks is prescribed.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Other points to be kept in mind
- The qualifying degree obtained by distance mode program should have recognition by joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- The candidates who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree without pursuing class 10, 12 or 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
- Admission into any college depends on its recognition/affiliation by the statutory bodies.
No changes have been made to the pattern of the test. A total of 200 MCQ’s will be asked in the test from 3 sections. According to the AP ICET 2017 exam pattern, the duration of the test is 150 minutes. The exam will be conducted in offline mode, where the candidates will be required to mark the answers on an OMR answer sheet.
The candidates preparing for the test must go through the AP ICET 2017 syllabus and also check the test pattern before commencing with the preparations. The online registration process for the test has started from March 01, 2017. The APICET 2017 application form is available only in online mode. The last date to apply for the test is April 05, 2017 without payment of late fee. The AP ICET 2017 result will be declared on May 10, 2017.