BHU MBA Admission 2017– The shortlist for GD and PI for MBA and MBA (International Business) 2017-19 admission to Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) has been announced by Banaras Hindu University (BHU). The candidates can access the link given below to know their shortlisting status. They will be required to pay a registration fee to attend GD/PI. A total of 736 candidates belonging to different categories has been shortlisted on the basis of their overall CAT 2016 percentile. These candidates will now have to ensure that they meet all other eligibility norms stated by the University. After ensuring the same, they will have to appear for these selection rounds on March 19, 20 and 21, 2017 as per their assigned date. They will be required to carry along with them certain necessary documents. The admission will be granted on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (15 % each). To know other important dates, eligibility criteria, amount of registration fee, its payement, selection procedure and more about BHU MBA Admission 2017-19 here.
BHU MBA Admission 2017-19
BHU offers admission to MBA and MBA in International Business. Majorly it takes into consideration the percentile of CAT for granting admission. Afte shortlisting the candidates, the BHU FMS takes into account their academic record and performance in the group discussion and personal interview. The final admission is strictly made on the basis of merit. The attributes used for determining the merit and their weightage is as follow –
- CAT 2016 score – 50%
- Academic Record – 20%
- Group Discussion – 15%
- Personal Interview – 15%
BHU MBA Admission Important Dates 2017
The shortlisted candidates can check the important events and related dates here below in the table.
|BHU MBA GD PI 2017 Schedule|
|GD/PI to be held on||19, 20 and 21 March 2017|
|Time to report||09.00 AM|
|Venue||Institute (FMS) Building, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|BHU MBA Admission 2017-19 Application Schedule|
|Last date for receipt of applications completed in all respects in the Office of the Director, Institute of Management Studies, BHU was||20 December 2016|
|CAT 2016 held on||4 December 2016|
Access this window to check the BHU MBA Admission GD and PI shortlist 2017-19.
BHU MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017-19
Also, the University mentions of meeting other eligibility criteria, which are as follow –
- A graduate degree under 10+2+3 Pattern, or
- A degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law, or
- A Post-graduate degree in any discipline
Important Note –
- Qualifying marks for SC/ST category candidates in Bachelor’s degree is 45% and for other category candidates, it is 50%.
- For MBA – Bachelor’s degree should be with specialization in Marketing/HRM/Finance/Operations Management/ Information Technology.
- For MBA (IB) – Bachelor’s degree should be with specialization in Marketing/HRM/Finance/Operations Management/ Information Technology / Global Business Operations.
Click Here to know the eligibility criteria in detail.
BHU MBA Admission 2017 – Documents to be carried for GD and PI
All the shortlisted will be required to carry the below-mentioned documents while appearing for the BHU FMS GD and PI 2017 –
- Copy of GD & PI Call letter / email communication
- CAT 2016 scorecard indicating total percentile score
- Duly filled in Academic Data Sheet with self attested copies of marksheets of X, XII and qualifying examination. Click here to download this data sheet
- A crossed Bank Draft/Pay Order/Bankers Cheque of registration fee
BHU MBA Admission 2017 – Registration Fee
The candidates will have to pay Rs. 2000/- to participate in the GD/PI process. This fee can be paid as Bank Draft/Pay Order/Bankers Cheque drawn in favor of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at Varanasi. The candidates must note that this fee cannot be paid in cash.