CAT Mock Test 2017 – CAT 2017 exam will be held in the first week of December 2017. The candidates who wish to appear for the exam must start their preparations. When it comes to CAT 2017 preparations, the importance of mock tests cannot be overlooked. IIM Lucknow, the conducting body of CAT 2017 will release the official mock test of CAT 2017 in October/ November. The candidates must practice the CAT 2017 mock test as it will help them gain a clarity on exam pattern and the types of questions asked in the exam. Moreover, it will prepare them for the real exam. CAT mock test 2017 will be released online and the candidates are advised to take the test in a simulated exam environment. Apart from the official mock test, the candidates must practice other mock tests released by the coaching institutes. In this article, the candidates can find more information on CAT mock test 2017.
How to Attempt the CAT Mock Test 2017?
The mock test of CAT 2017 must be attempted under real examination conditions. The candidates should set an alarm clock and take the exam without any break. Ideally, the exam should be taken at the same time as that of the actual exam. Here’s a step by step guide on how to attempt CAT 2017 mock test –
- Access the mock test from the window/ link provided here.
- Enter the login details and click the Sign In button.
- Go through all the instructions carefully and click on the Next button.
- Read other instructions and accept the declaration. Click on ‘I am ready to begin’ to start the test.
- Start answering the questions. Select the right answer and click on ‘Save & Next’. The candidates can revisit a question by clicking on the question number in the question palette. They can change their answer by clicking on Clear Response button.
Take Online CAT Mock Test – Click Here
CAT Mock Test 2017 – Benefits
Practising CAT mock test is important for several reasons. Let’s take a look at how mock tests can help the candidates prepare for the exam –
- Time ManagementPracticing mock tests will make it easier for you to finish CAT 2017 exam on time. It is important to remember that managing time properly is of crucial importance in CAT exam. There are three sections and each section has to be completed in one hour.
- RevisionAttempting CAT 2017 mock test is an excellent way to revise the syllabus and understand the types of questions asked in the exam. It also makes it easier for the candidates to gain a better understanding of the exam pattern.
- Enhance Overall PerformanceWhile attempting the CAT exam, the students must spend the least amount of time on every question. At times, the students need to skip a question if it is taking too much time. The mock tests help the candidates become used to spending less time on every question. This helps in improving
- Identify Weak AreasAttempting CAT mock test 2017 is a great way to identify topics that require attention. All candidates have areas that they need to work on. Practising mock tests make it easier for the candidates to identify and improve their wear areas.
CAT Mock Test 2017 – Things to Know
- The candidates can use the on-screen calculator for basic calculations and also algebra and trigonometry calculations. The calculator is placed on the right side, just below the on-screen timer.
- The candidates can mark a question for review. Once, the candidates have completed the other questions, they can revisit the marked question and submit their answers.
- While most of the questions will be MCQs, there will also be some non-MCQs in the mock test.
- Each section is of one-hour duration. The candidates can move from one section to another only after completion of one hour. However, within a section, they can answer any question first.
The official CAT mock test 2017 will be released online by IIM, and the candidates must attempt the same for a good understanding of exam pattern. The candidates are advised to visit this page regularly for the latest updates on the mock test of CAT 2017 exam.