CAT Result Analysis 2016 – The Result of CAT 2016 has been announced and if analysed, some very striking revelations boggle one’s mind. This year, there are 20 toppers and all of them are male, that too, with engineering background. However, the most astounding observation made by experts has been that more than 14,000 students have scored either zero or negative in the examination. Similarly, the section-wise analysis exposes that there are around 37000 candidates who scored zero or negative in QA, and the figure for DILR section went up to 56000.
Latest CAT Result 2016 Now Announced – Check Here
Use CAT Pathfinder to know which college can you get based on your CAT 2016 percentile
CAT 2016 Result Analysis by the Expert
As per the expert analysis, the data of CAT 2016 Result Analysis is as below:
- In all, 232434 candidates registered for the examination.
- A total number of candidates who appeared for CAT 2016 is 1.95 lakh.
- The majority of exam taker were males; almost, 67 percent.
- The number of female candidates has increased by 1 percent, in comparison to last year. Last year, the percentage of girls was 14.76 percent. However, this year it is 17.48 percent.
- Despite an increase in the number of female candidates, all 20 top percentiler are male.
- Number of PWD candidates has also increased to 938, from 901.
- Just as the previous year, engineering and technical background candidates have had the upper hand.
Candidates Securing Zero or Negative: 14000 candidates scoring zero or less is not a small number. Candidates may check sectional figure of candidates who scored zero or in negative from below. To know how the experts derived the conclusion, check the following section.
|S.No.||Section||Number of Candidates scoring zero or Less (Tentative)|
|1||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI/LR)||56,000|
|2||Quantitative Ability (QA)||37,000|
|3||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VA/RC)||9,000|
How did the Expert come to such Conclusion?
The above mentioned figures have been calculated from the scorecard of a candidate who did not attempt any question. The candidate appeared for CAT 2016 on December 04, 2016, and downloaded the scorecard on January 09, 2017. Have a look:
Now, candidates must keep the following factors in mind to calculate the same:
- It has been confirmed by Convenor of CAT 2016, Prof. Rajendra K Bandi, that total 1.95 lakh candidates took the examination.
- The overall percentile of the candidate above, who did not attempt any question is 7.26.
- 100%ile means that there are 99% candidates have scored less.
- Hence, if a CAT aspirant who did not attempt any question but got 7.26%ile. Then, as per the number of candidates who have scored below him/her are 14157.
The score for each section has also been derived by applying the same concept.
What More can be Derived from the scorecard?
The scorecard above, says a lot about the CAT result.
A candidate scoring 2.42 in DI/LR, even though no question is attempted, indicates that the slot in which they appeared for was more difficult than the rest of the slots.
The conducting body, IIM Bangalore, usually do not release the CAT Result Analysis. Yet, we hope that the above given details must have been helpful for the candidate and those curious minds, who seek details.
Stay updated with http://www.entrancecorner.com/bschool/