CMAT 2017 – The score card for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2017 was issued on February 09, 2017. The All India Merit List for CMAT was announced on February 07, 2017. The entrance test was held on January 28 & 29, 2017, for admission in the management programmes of more than 1000 B-Schools. A total of 59,181 candidates appeared for the test and out of these, two candidates secured 100 percentile. The candidates can download their scorecard from the appropriate link provided below. Check this article for complete details on the CMAT 2017, cutoff scores, participating Institutes, result analysis.
Use CMAT 2017 Pathfinder to know the colleges you can get based on your CMAT score
Latest Detailed CMAT Merit List for Institutions/Universities
It is important for the candidates taking CMAT this year to keep a regular track of all the important dates and events related to the exam. They can check the table below to know all the important dates. The candidates can click on the caption-head to check the complete schedule.
|Admit Card issued on||16 January 2017|
|CMAT 2017 held on||28 and 29 January 2017|
|Result-cum-All India Merit List for CMAT 2017 announced on||07 February 2017|
|CMAT 2017 Scorecard released on||09 February 2017|
General Facts related to CMAT
- Name of the Exam – Common Management Admission Test
- Commonly known as – CMAT
- Level of Exam – National
- Exam conducted for admission to MBA & other Post Graduate Management Courses
- Conducting Authority – All India Council for Technical Education
AICTE announced the result for CMAT 2017 on February 09, 2017 in the form of score card. The CMAT result is available online and a link to check the same has been provided here in this article.
- For checking the result and downloading the scorecard, the candidates will be required to login to their account using their respective login credentials.
- The scorecard will furnish the total and sectional score, total and sectional percentile and all India rank.
There are around 1000 B-Schools affiliated to AICTE which accept the CMAT scores for granting management admission to the deserving candidates. After the declaration of CMAT Result, these management institutes will release their individual cutoff. It will be out for every category and generally the cutoffs remain on a higher side only.
- The minimum CMAT 2017 percentile for renowned and good B-schools in India is expected to range in between 97-99.XX.
- Based on these cuoffs and the selection criteria’s laid down by these institutes, the candidates will be shortlisted for further selection process.
- The selection criteria and cutoffs may vary for each institute. Usually the selection process comprises of a Written Test and a Personal Interview. Some of the institutes conduct a Group Discussion round also.
The candidates can check the expected CMAT 2017 cutoff of various B-schools from the table below. Click on the caption-head to know cutoff score of more colleges and complete details on CMAT cutoff.
|Name of the B-school||CMAT Percentile and Score 2017 (Expected)|
|SIMSREE Mumbai||99.6 Percentile|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai||99.92 Percentile (285)|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27 Percentile (218)|
|Department of Management Studies, NIT Durgapur||156|
|XISS Ranchi||95 Percentile (199)|
|IFIM Business School, Bangalore||85 Percentile|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||100+ Score|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management, Pune||75 Percentile (160)|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75 Percentile (160)|
|National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM), Jaipur||45.5 Percentile|
|MIT School of Business, Pune||200|
|Doon business school, Dehradun||160|
CMAT 2017 held in computer-based mode on January 28 and 29, 2017. The candidates who took the MBA entrance test can check the exam analysis and expected cutoff here by clicking on the caption-head here. This analysis has been shared by various experts having years of knowledge and it will help the candidates evaluate their own performance in the exam. As per the experts, the difficulty level of the exam has remained similar like last year.
The CMAT MBA Exam is a computer based test. The questions asked in the exam were objective type and 180 minutes were given to attempt these 100 MCQ’s. For every correct answer marked, 4 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted for marking a wrong answer. The test pattern can be easily understood from the table given below.
|Types of Questions||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
Answer Key comprises of correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. These are released on the test date after the conduct of the same. The source of answer key can be official or unofficial. CMAT is a computer based test, therefore procuring answer key for this is practically not feasible. However, there are slight chances of the answer key being available, which would have been prepared on the basis of the memory-based questions. In such a case, link to download the answer key of CMAT 2017 will be provided here. Though, the students may find a few CMAT 2017 Answer Key over the internet via unofficial sources but they must note that these keys are neither reliable nor have any authentic source.
The CMAT 2017 Admit Card was made available on January 16, 2017 for the candidates to download. It is available in online mode only. A link to access and download the admit card is also available here in this article for the convenience of the candidates.
- All the duly registered candidates have only been issued the admit card.
- The candidates must carry their admit card to their respective test centre on the date of the examination for having entry. No candidate will be allowed entry into the exam centre, in case he/she will fail to furnish a valid admit card.
- The admit card has also been sent to the registered email address provided by the candidates, but it won’t be sent via post.
- Details such as name of candidate, roll number, exam centre address, exam time & date etc. are all mentioned on the admit card.
Click on the caption-head to know what all is required to be carried along with the admit card to the test centre. Complete details on admit card there.
AICTE has prescribed the eligibility criteria to appear for this test, which must be satisfied by all the candidates interested in taking this test. It must be ensured that the candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions of CMAT, before filling the application form. Non-fulfillment of the same may lead to disqualification of the candidature irrespective of the stage of admission a candidate will be. The eligibility norms are as follow –
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen and can apply for the test irrespective of his or her age.
- He/she must have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute.
- Also, final year pursuing students of Graduate courses whose result will be declared before commencement of admissions for the academic year 2017-18 were also eligible to apply.
- No age restriction.
The candidates eligible and interested in applying for this test will be required to get themselves registered online. The CMAT application form was made available on October 10. The last date to register for the test was December 10 and it has been extended till December 15, 2016. The applicants must fill and submit the CMAT 2017 Application Form only after ensuring that they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
To register for the test, the candidates will have to enter as “New User” and fill a self-registration form by entering a few basic details. On submission of this form, a unique 6 digit password was generated. This password was sent to the candidates via e-mail and SMS. Thereafter, using this password and ID, the candidates will have to login to the registration portal for filling the application form and pay the requisite application fee.
CMAT Application Fee 2017
The candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee while filling the application form. This fee can be paid online via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or by depositing cash at any SBI Bank branch in India against the online generated challan. The amount of the application fee is as follow
- For General category candidates – Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges
- For Reserved category candidates – Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges
The exam will be held across 62 Indian cities. Various exam centres will be set up in each test city for accommodating thousands of the exam takers. The name and complete address of the exam venue will be printed on the admit card. Few of the test cities where the exam will be conducted this year is as follow –
Click on the caption-head to obtain the complete list of the exam cities.
- Top B-school Accepting CMAT Score 2017
- CMAT 2017 Syllabus
- CMAT Preparation Tips & Strategies
- CMAT 2016 Toppers