How to fill CAT Online Application Form – The wait for the most prestigious Management entrance test of the nation will soon be over. Hope the preparation spirit is at the peak for all the candidates. In order to appear for CAT 2017, the candidates must fill in the application form. It must be noted that the candidates must carefully fill the CAT Application Form. Any error in the application form will lead to the revocation of the candidature. The CAT 2017 Application Form can be filled online on the official website of CAT. For the convenience of the candidates, this article provides a link to access the Application Form. Here, the candidates are required to follow a series of steps. Thus, the candidates can read this article to get all the answers for CAT 2017 Application Form.
Important things before you fill CAT Online Application Form
Before applying for CAT 2017, the candidates must be aware of the CAT eligibility criteria. Once they make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria, then, they can go for the registration. For CAT Registration, the candidates must have a valid email address and a mobile number. Also, they must gather the following information beforehand –
- Academic History.
- Mark Sheets for Class 10/12/Degree/Diploma.
- Work Experience.
- Other certificates applicable to upload.
- Scanned images of passport size photograph and signature.
- The list of IIMs to which the candidates wish to apply.
How to fill in CAT Online Application
To access the application form, the candidates must register themselves to obtain the CAT User ID and Password. To register, the candidates are required to enter the following information correctly –
- Candidate’s Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Candidate’s email address.
- Mobile Number of the Candidate.
After entering the required details, the candidates are required to select the “I Agree” checkbox and submit the form. On successful registration, the candidates will receive their CAT Login details. The login details for CAT will contain the candidate’s Login ID and Password.
Now on the official website of CAT 2017, the candidates are required to log in as “Existing User”. Here, with the use of the CAT ID and Password, the candidates can log in to access and fill the CAT Application Form. The candidates are advised to read the following Important Instructions before filling in the Application Form:
- The fields that with a marked * are mandatory.
- Fill the important details and upload the required documents.
- To proceed to the next section, the candidates are required to click on Save and Continue.
- Minimize the usage of the Tab Key and use the mouse instead.
- To complete the application form, the candidates can login as many times as they want.
- After the payment of the fee, the candidates will not be allowed to make any changes in the application.
Sections of CAT Application Form 2017
The CAT 2017 Application Form is categorized into five sections and each section should be filled in carefully.
The different sections of CAT Application Form 2017 are –
1. Personal Details – Here, the candidates are required to fill in their Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender as applicable. Then select the nationality as Indian or enter the nationality in the adjacent field. The candidates belonging to the reserved category are required to select their respective category.
The candidates belonging to the reserved category (NC-OBC, SC, ST) are required to download the certificate for the Reserved Categories from the CAT website. Here, the candidates must enter the required information, attest signatures from appropriate authorities, self-attest it and scan as .PDF document to upload them.
If the candidates are Differently Abled/Person with Disability and apply under the same category, then they are required to download the Differently Abled Certificate from the CAT website. These candidates must fill in the required details and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities. Also, scan the complete document and upload it at the time of filling in the CAT Application Form.
1.1 Enter Communication Details – In this part, the candidates must enter their postal addresses correctly as they will be used for communication from CAT 2017 centre. If available, the candidates can also provide an alternative address and mobile number.
1.2 Upload Documents – The candidates are required to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature, NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate and PED/PA Certificate.
The dimensions for the passport size photograph must be within 35mm X 45mm and the signature will be within 35mm X 45mm. The format of the images must be in .JPG or .JPEG and the size must not exceed 80 KB each. The scanned image must be clear and the minimum resolution must be of 150px/inch. The background of the photograph must be white and should be less than 6 months old.
The certificates for NC-OBC/SC/ST and PWD/DA will be available online on the CAT website. The candidates can download the certificates, fill in the details and self-attest it, get it signed by the proper authorities, scan it and upload it. On completing the Personal Details section, the candidates can click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
2. Academics – In this section, the candidates must enter their education details where applicable. This section is further divided into SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details, 12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details, Bachelor Degree Details, Other Professional Degree Details and Master Degree Details.
For the compilation of the percentages obtained in SSC/HSC/equivalent exam, the aggregate marks of all the subjects that appear in the mark sheet would be considered. For the graduate/postgraduate section, the marks awarded by the University/Institute will be considered as final. If the candidates mark sheet does not award mark sheet, it will be calculated on the basis of the marks of all the subjects in the marks sheet. If any University/Institute awards letter grades and not a percentage, then they must obtain a certificate from their Institute/University specifying their equivalent marks. However, at the time of the Interview, the candidates must submit their original certificate.
3. Work Experience – The candidates having a work experience must fill in this section. Here, the candidates must enter their work experience completed in months until 31 July 2017. The work experience refers to the paid full-time work done after graduation.
4. Programmes – In this section, the candidates are required to select any number of programmes they are willing to apply. After selecting the programmes, they can select the city for their Interview rounds from the drop down list. The candidates are advised to select the same Interview city for the following IIM Interview rounds –
For the test, the candidates can select up to 4 cities. The cities will be allotted according to the availability and the centre. The CAT Admit Card 2017 will furnish the details regarding the test city and venue.
5. Fee Payment – To conclude the CAT Application Process, the candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 1700/- (ST/SC/PWD: Rs. 850/-). However, the final amount will include some additional charges. The application fee can be paid via Credit Cards, Debit Cards or Internet Banking.
On successful payment, the candidates will receive the payment transaction number. Also, they will receive a confirmation email on their registered email ID. Also, on a successful transaction, the candidates will be redirected to the CAT 2017 official website.
Now the candidates can visit the official website and log in by clicking on the Existing User tab. Here, the candidates can check their Application Form, but can’t make any changes. However, they can download the CAT Application Form for future reference.
For any queries or suggestions, please comment below.
- The countdown has begun, CAT Notification 2016 to be out soon!
- How to plan your study for CAT 2016?
- Best Books for CAT Preparation
- Download CAT Sample Papers
- Is it a good idea to quit job for CAT preparation?
- Confused from where to begin your CAT 2016 preparation?
- IIM CAT 2016 Preparation Tips & Tricks
- CAT Previous Year Question Paper
- No Coaching No CAT, Not True..!!