How to score 99+ percentile in CAT 2017 – Scoring 99+ percentile in CAT is no child’s play. To complete this task, the candidates must stay really focused on their preparation. First of all, you must get familiar with the syllabus and the exam pattern of CAT 2017. This year certain changes have been made to the pattern of the exam i.e. a new section has been added then descriptive questions have been introduced in every section. The duration of the test has also been increased with 10 minutes. To cope up with these changes and prepare with complete concentration can only result in obtaining 99+ percentile in CAT 2017. Know your strengths and weaknesses by writing as many mock tests as you can and by practising various CAT sample papers & previous year papers.
How to score 99+ percentile in CAT 2017?
Most people believe that scoring a 99+ percentile in CAT is due to luck or a gift from God. But trust us, it is always the will to prepare that will lead you to success. So, almost all these lucky souls are the ones who had the thirst, hunger and the mentality to prepare and give their best shot. But most of the times, people try to give their best shot only until they hit the bull’s eye then where do they lack. The answer to this can be many such as procrastination, not indulging into a focused study, not able to manage time properly etc. If you aim to score 99+ in CAT 2017, you need to kill all such reasons which will act as villains in your making of a blockbuster hit.
To score a 99+ percent in CAT, the candidates must keep the following things in mind, such as,
1. There is no magic potion – Cracking CAT is a tough task, but getting into the premier institutions is even tougher. There is no magic potion that will help in cracking CAT or scoring an Ace, as it is all about preparation. Plan your preparation well, stick to your plannings and shoot for the Ace.
2. Equal Value of all the sections – There are three sections in CAT exam, namely – Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability. The candidates must give equal importance to all the sections as there is no point of scoring 99+ percent in two sections while scoring 60+ percent in other section. Sectional cut offs are taken into consideration while allotting admission so you must make sure that you excel in each section.
3. Tighten up the Nuts and Bolts – The candidates are required to set their basics right. You must spend most of the time practising the formulas, shortcuts etc. that will help to be quick with the calculative answers. Once prepared properly with the shortcuts and formulas, the candidates can give a mock test. After writing the mock test, the candidates can analyze it to get familiar with the sections he/she is weaker or stronger in. After mock tests, always look for the window of improvement in the weaker sections.
4. Attempt Quizzes – The candidates must go for the quiz tests. By attempting the quiz tests, the candidates can distinguish between the ‘difficult’ and the ‘easy’ questions.
Some useful Preparation Tips to score 99+ percentile in CAT 2017
First, you must analyse your preparation levels. To analyse, the candidates can download sample papers from the internet or can write down the mock tests. At the initial attempt, the candidates can keep a track of the time but need not worry about it, just complete the paper honestly and sincerely. If you score well without any coaching institute guidance, then you can prepare on your own.
What should all books you refer to prepare for CAT?
The candidates can check out the books tabled below for CAT 2017 preparation, which has always been the favourite of the toppers –
1. NCERT Mathematics books for Class 8, 9 & 10
2. CBSE books for Class 8, 9, 10
3. Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit Rs. 450, 2010 edition
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
2. The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by How to score 99+ percentile in CAT Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition
2.A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition
3. 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis Rs. 150, 1991 edit.
Various renowned coaching institutes also provide study materials which can be purchased by the candidates, irrespective of the fact whether they are taking classes from there or not. Interested candidates can opt for such reading materials also. Few coaching institutes preferred or recommended by the toppers or experts are
i. IMS or Cl
Lastly, the candidate must remember to follow the funda of learning and testing. As learning will clear the concepts while testing will clear the weak and strong parts for preparation. But most important of all, go and get started with the preparations.