IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 (XL) – IGNOU conducts OPENMAT twice in a year. It is a management entrance exam and its score is considered for granted admission to IGNOU MBA. The conduct of first phase of the exam has been postponed, now IGNOU OPENMAT XL is scheduled to be held on October 23, 2016. The IGNOU OPEN MAT 2017 application process concluded on September 9, 2016. All the duly registered candidates will only be issued the hall ticket. IGNOU will release the OPENMAT XL admit card 10 days before the exam date. It will be sent through post. Also, the IGNOU OPEN MAT 2017 admit card is available online for the candidates to download. They can access the link given here below to download the hall ticket. Keep reading this article to obtain details on IGNOU OPEN MAT 2017 important dates, exam pattern, eligibility criteria and admission norms etc.
Latest – The conduct of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 (XL) has been postponed. The exam will be held on October 23, 2016. The candidates can access the window or link given below for downloading the hall ticket online.
Name of Exam – IGNOU Open Management Entrance Examination
Commonly known as – IGNOU OPENMAT
Conducting Authority – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Level of Exam – National Level (held twice in a year)
Important Dates of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017
All the important dates for both the phases of IGNOU OPEN MAT 2017 have been mentioned in the table here below. The candidates must strictly abide to this schedule so that they don’t miss any important event.
|IGNOU OPENMAT XL (Phase 1 Exam)|
|Last date to submit the Application Form for phase 1 exam||9 September 2016|
|Date of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 (XL)||23 October 2016|
|Admit card to be sent by post||10 days before the test|
|Availability of Hall Ticket online||3 days before the test|
|Result to be declared||within 6-7 weeks from the exam date|
|Last date to submit the Application Form along with Result Card, Identity proof, and other relevant documents for phase 1 exam||30 November 2016 – 31 May 2017|
|IGNOU OPENMAT XLI (Phase 2 Exam)|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||15 December 2016|
|Date of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 (XLI)||5 February 2017|
|Admit card to be sent by post||10 days before the test (around 25 January 2016)|
|Availability of Hall Ticket online||3 days before the test (around 2 February 2016)|
|Result to be declared||within 6-7 weeks from the exam date|
|Last date to submit the Application Form alongwith Result Card, Identity proof, and other relevant documents for phase 2 exam||31 May 2017 – 30 November 2017|
List of courses offered under IGNOU OPENMAT
Below is the list of coursed offered by IGNOU –
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- PG diploma in management (PGDIM)
- Master of business administration (MBA)
- PG diploma in human resource management (PGDHRM)
- PG diploma in operational management (PGDOM)
- PG diploma in marketing management (PGDMM)
- PG diploma in Finance management (PGDFM)
You can only apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 only if you will be satisfying the eligibility norms. Without the satisfaction of eligibility criteria, no candidate will be considered for admissions. The eligibility criteria for OPENMAT 2017 Exam is as follow –
- Either the applicant is a graduate having 50% marks in any discipline along with 3 years experience or must have the professional degree in engineering/ Medical/ Law/ ICSI/ ICSW in order to be eligible for IGNOU OPENMAT 2017.
- If the student has taken CAT / MAT and cleared the exam, then he or she needs not appearing in the entrance examination.
- There is no age limit for the aspirant that clearly means that aspirant of any age is eligible for the test.
The application form must be filled in order to appear in the entrance exam. The amount of fee to be paid along with this form was Rs. 1050/-. The fee submission could be done via Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
- All the information submitted in the application form of exam should be correct and complete as once the information has been submitted, no one will be allowed to change it at any stage.
- Application form after the last date will not be accepted under any circumstance as per the norms of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017.
- The filled application form must be submitted offline on the given address:
New Delhi 110068
All the duly registered candidates have only been issued the IGNOU OPEN MAT Hall Ticket 2017. It will be sent through post on the postal address of the students. Also, the admit card of IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 is available online for the candidates to download. They can access the link given here in this article for downloading the admit card. The candidates must carry their hall ticket of IGNOU OPEN MAT XL to the allotted test centre on the date of the examination for seeking entry. No candidate will be allowed entry into the exam centre, in case he/she will fail to furnish a valid hall ticket.
The entrance exam will have 4 sections. The following section will feature details of the each section. All the candidates are advised to stick to the exam syllabus while preparing for it. This will ensure that their preparation is not a haphazard one. Always keep in mind that the questions in the final exam will be asked from the syllabus itself.
Sections in Exam
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
A total of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be asked in the IGNOU OPENMAT XL 2017. There shall be no negative marking. For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded with 1 mark. Only 3 hours will be given to all the candidates for attempting the test. The number of questions in each section are as follow –
- General awareness: 30 questions
- English language: 50 questions
- Quantitative aptitude: 50 questions
- Reasoning ability: 70 questions
The result for IGNOU OPENMAT XL will be declared within 6-7 weeks from the date of conduct of exam. IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 Result will be available online on the official website of IGNOU. For checking the result, the candidates will be required to enter their 9 digit enrolment number. The scorecard will be sent to the candidates by post. Based on the score of OPENMAT, the candidates will be able to take admission into various management courses.
Study Centers of IGNOU
- Delhi 1
- Delhi 2
- Delhi 3