IIFT 2017 MBA Exam – The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has announced the final result for IIFT 2017-19 admission to its Delhi and Kolkata campus. The final list of selected candidates for both the campuses has been released on March 31, 2017. The name, roll number, application number of finally selected candidates has been mentioned in this final IIFT 2017 result list. To check the final admission-cum-selection status, the candidates can access the link given here below. 343 candidates have been selected for IIFT Delhi while 240 have for IIFT Kolkata campus for admission to approx. 360 seats. The written IIFT 2017 test was held on November 27, 2016 for admission into the MBA (IB) programmes of the IIFT Delhi and Kolkata campus across 20 cities and around 45,000 students appeared for it. More details on IIFT 2017 score, cutoff marks, selection procedure, etc. read this article.
Latest IIFT 2017-19 Final list of selected candidates released – Check Here
The dates for the conduct of IIFT 2017 have been announced. In the table below, we have listed all the important dates and events.
|Notification & application form released on||15 July 2016|
|Last date to fill & submit online application form for Indian candidates||5 September 2016|
|IIFT Admit Card uploaded online for downloading||15 November 2016|
|Written Exam held on||27 November 2016 (10 AM to 12 PM)|
|Result||23 December 2016|
|IIFT Scorecard 2017||28 December 2016|
|Final list of selected candidates for Delhi & Kolkata admission released on||31 March 2017|
Answer key helps the candidates in evaluating their performance in the test and draw an idea about the score they can get. It is a pdf file furnishing the right answers to the questions asked in the exam. The source of the answer key can be either official or unofficial. IIFT is expected to issue the official answer key within few days after the conduct of exam. However, private coaching Institutes will publish the answer key within few hours of the completion of exam. These keys are prepared by experts having years of experience and can be used for immediate reference and score calculation.
Click on the caption head here for downloading the answer key and for more details on same.
The result for the IIFT 2017 written test has been announced on December 23, 2016. The result was declared online and was made available on the official website of IIFT. The result furnished the list of shortlisted candidates for the pre-admission rounds i.e. the Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The IIFT scorecard is expected to be announced soon. To obtain the scorecard, the candidates are required to enter their 7 digit Roll Number and Date of Birth.
For General/SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates –
- Candidates to be selected on the basis of IIFT 2017 Written test, Essay write-up, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for IIFT MBA Admission 2017-19. This written test was conducted at Chandigarh, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Dehradun, Kolkata, Guwahati, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Delhi, Indore, Mumbai, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Lucknow, and Visakhapatnam.
- On the basis of the marks secured in the written test, candidates were called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview were held in between fourth week of January and middle of February at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI
- These candidates will be selected on the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT). For seeking admissions into MBA for academic session 2017-19, GMAT result should not have been declared before 01 January 2015 and such result must be received by the Institute latest by 31 March 2017.
Initially, the admit card has been sent through post to all the candidates in the first week of November 2016. The candidates who have not received it by post can download it online now. For downloading and printing the hall ticket, the candidates can access the link given here above. The IIFT admit card has been issued to only those candidates, who would have submitted the application form complete in all respects (either via online or offline mode) before the last date. All the candidates must carry their respective admit card on the date of the written test, along with 1 valid ID proof, for getting entry into the assigned test centre and for taking the test.
Click on the caption-head for complete details on the admit card.
Change of Examination Centre
Though all the candidates should stay careful while opting for the Admission Test Centre. Still, if a need arises for change of the test centre, then such candidates will have to pay the fees of Rs. 500/- via demand draft drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (payable at Delhi) for changing the opted Test Centre.
Duration of the test will be 2 hours. The exam will be held in pen-paper mode. The total number of questions which will be asked in the test are not fixed but the questions are always multiple choice objective type. Last year, a total of 124 questions were asked in the test, divided into 4 sections. To have a better understanding of what kind of questions are asked in the exam, the candidates must practice IIFT Previous Year Question Papers & Sample Papers.
The details of the sections, number of questions and marking distribution can be understood clearly from the table below.
|Sections||Part||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total|
|Section 2||Part 1||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Part 1||16||1||16|
Before filling the application form, all the candidates interested in taking this test must make sure that the below mentioned eligibility criteria is met by them. The eligibility norms are as follow –
- Indian candidates, as well as the foreign candidates are eligible to apply for the Post Graduate program provided by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- No age limit.
- Candidate to have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the final year examination of their Graduation can also apply provided they will be able to submit the proof of the requisite qualification by October 2017.
The candidates are required to pay non-refundable registration fee, while registering for the test. This fee can be paid either online through Credit Card/DD or in cash at the IIFT Counter at Delhi or Hyderabad. The DD must be drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Foreign Trade”, payable at New Delhi. The amount of the application fee is as follow –
- For General/OBC candidates – Rs. 1550/-
- For SC/ST/PH candidates – Rs. 775/-
- For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI candidates – US$80 (INR Rs. 4500)
Payment of Application Fee by Post
The candidates who will be requesting to receive the application form through post will be required to make the payment of application fee through DD only.
The Indian candidates must note that the registration for IIFT 2017 exam has ended on September 5, 2016. The Foreign Nationals/NRIs/Children of NRIs can register for IIFT 2017-19 admission till February 15, 2017. They can apply for it via online or offline mode. Both the modes have been detailed below.
- Click on the link given here above to apply for the test.
- Select the category under which the candidate wants to apply.
- Fill in the details and submit the form. On submission, the Application Number will be generated.
- Login with the given Application Number and Password and follow the link to complete the information required.
- Select the mode of payment and pay the requisite fee.
- On making the payment, the candidates are required to upload their scanned photographs and signature.
- Review the form before submission as there is no option for editing.
- Print the Application Form and log out.
- Send a copy of the Application Form to the Institute.
The candidates can follow the mentioned steps –
- Purchase the prospectus and the Application Form via Demand Draft or cash.
- Fill the necessary details in the form and send it to the Institute along with the necessary enclosures.
The candidates have to make a written application stating their address where they would want their application form to be delivered and send it along with the Demand Draft of requisite application fee. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/OBC (non-creamy layer) must attach requisite self attested Category Certificate. Also, two self addressed adhesive stickers/ name slips with address for sending the brochure and application form must also be enclosed to the written application.
Address for Communication/Sending of the application form –
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
- IIFT 2017 Cutoff
- IIFT 2016 cutoff
- IIFT Syllabus 2017
- IIFT 2017 Answer Key
- IIFT 2017 Exam Analysis By Experts
- Useful Tips and Tricks for cracking IIFT 2017 Exam
- Best book for IIFT Exam Preparation
- How to approach IIFT 2017 & CAT 2016?
- Pointers to be kept in mind while preparing for IIFT
- What is the right strategy for IIFT exam preparation?
- I am not a topper but an IIFTian – Aashisha Chakraborty