IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2017 – IITs offer 2 year full time regular and industry sponsored MBA programme. All the IITs offer an MBA degree except IIT Bombay, which offers Masters in Management degree. The candidates interested in taking admission to IIT Delhi for pursuing MBA must appear for CAT 2016. IITs do not accept the score of any other management entrance exams. The Common Admission Test this year is being held on December 4, 2016 in two sessions across 138 cities. IIM Bangalore is conducting CAT 2016. After the result declaration of CAT in second week of January 2017 tentatively, the application form for IIT MBA Delhi Admission 2017-19 will be released. The candidates will be able to apply for IIT Delhi on this page, with the release of the application form. Read this article further to know all the important dates, selection procedure, fee details etc. of IIT Delhi 2017-19 MBA Admission.
Important Dates related to IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2017-19
|CAT 2016 to be held on||4 December 2016|
|Result of CAT 2016 to be declared in||second week of January 2017 (tentatively)|
|Application form for IIT Delhi MBA admission to be released on||Next day of CAT 2016 result declaration|
|Last date to send the printed copy of the application form along with DD||Last week of January 2017|
|GD & PI to be held in||Second week of March 2017|
|Result of admission to be declared in||First week of May 2017|
|Classes for 2017-19 session to begin from||Last week of July 2017|
Management courses offered at IIT Delhi
- MBA Full Time – Generic & Telecom
- Executive MBA
- Doctoral (PHD) Programme
IIT Delhi MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017-19
It is important for all the aspirants to meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria. In case, the candidate fails to meet the eligibility requirement, then he/she will be disqualified irrespective of the stage of the admission.
- The candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification of a minimum of three years duration after completing class 12 or equivalent.
- The candidates must have a 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale or a minimum of 60% in aggregate of all the years/semesters or equivalent in the qualifying degree exam. However, 55% marks in aggregate and 6.25 CGPA on 10 point scale is required for SC/ST candidates.
- For PH candidates, the relaxation in criteria will be as per the Institute rules.
- The candidates still pursuing final year of their graduation or are waiting for the result declaration can also apply. In case such candidate is selected, her/she will be granted provisional admission only if they will submit a certificate in this regard within the given date.
Click Here to know all about CAT 2016.
Selection Procedure for IIT Delhi MBA Admission
All the aspirants willing to pursue management at IIT Delhi for 2017-19 session must take up CAT 2016. After the result declaration of the test, they must apply to IIT Delhi by filling an application form. On the basis of CAT score, IIT Delhi will shortlist eligible candidates and call them for a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
The further admission rounds will be conducted at IIT Delhi only. In GD, few groups will be formed and each of the group will be given a topic to have a debate on. Each of the candidate will be judged on the basis of certain parameters in this rounds such as level of participation, the way of keeping their viewpoint, the way of interacting with the team, spirit of teamwork etc. Every candidate will be given points and will further be called for PI. Here a panel will have a face-to-face interaction with the candidate. Again in this round, scores will be awarded to the candidate. Based on the total of both the rounds, final selection of the candidate will be done.
IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2017 – Key Notes
- Indian candidates are selected on the basis of their CAT score.
- Valid GMAT score is considered for granting admission to NRI’s.
- Also, academic profile, work experience and other parameters are taken into consideration while shortlisting the candidates.
- IIMs play no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the IIT Delhi MBA programme.
How to apply for IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2017-19?
- To access the application form, the candidates can click on the link, which will be provided here in this article with the release of the application form for IIT Delhi MBA admission.
- Here the candidates are required to fill in the details.
- Once the candidates have filled up the application form, the candidates submit it.
- On submitting, the candidates will receive an email for the confirmation report.
- Now, the candidates can log in with their registered email ID and password.
- Once the candidates are logged in, they can fill in the application form.
- Before filling in the application form, the candidates must be sure that they have drawn the DD. In the form, the candidates are required to fill in the DD number, date and name of the bank.
- Once the candidate successfully submits the completed application form, the candidates can apply for the other pre-admission procedure of IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2016.
Fee Details – IIT Delhi MBA Admission 2017-19
The academic fee can be paid through a Demand Draft (DD), drawn in favour of “Registrar, IIT Delhi” payable at New Delhi. The candidates must mention their name and application number correctly on the back of the Demand Draft.
The DD can also be either submitted to Mr. Vimal Kumar in Dept.’s office by hand or it can be sent via registered/ speed post to the following address –
Head, Department of Management Studies 4th floor,
IIT Delhi, New Delhi – 110016
The details of fee amount is tabled below –
|Tuition Fee for Indian Students||Rs. 4 lakh for the entire programme (4 semesters)|
|Tuition Fee for Foreign National Students(For each semester)||US $ 1,000 and INR 10,435 for SAARC Countries|
|US $ 2,000 and INR 10,435 for Other Countries|
IIT Delhi MBA Admission – Placement
The Institute claims to have 100% placement for every batch. The students are placed across P&G, Nestle, Amazon, Adobe, KPMG, Deloiite, Nomura, Bank of America etc. Below is the segregated details of the recruiters according to the discipline –
- Operations & Marketing – Marico, Dabur, Jindal Steel & Power, Amazon, Sanpdeal, Flipkart, Airtel, Idea, Baxter, Google, Godrej etc.
- Finance – GE money, Honeywell, RBS, CRISIL, HSBC, AXIS bank, SBI Bank etc.
- Consulting, IT & Analytics – KPMG, PWC, Deloitte, IBM, HP, HCL, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, Thomson Reuters etc.
Salary Package Offered – IIT Delhi MBA Admission
As per the placement brochure, the average salary for 2013-15 batch was 13.27 lakh per annum. For 2014-16 batch, a total of 59 students were placed through the IIT Delhi placement process. The was.
- Highest accepted domestic salary – Rs. 21 lakh per annum
- Average salary offered – Rs. 14.71 lakh per annum
- Lowest salary offered – Rs. 8.11 lakh per annum
Click Here to obtain the IIT Delhi Placement Brochure.
Infrastructure at IIT Delhi of Department of Management Studies
The Department of Management Studies has five fully air-conditioned Wifi enabled lecture theatres with LCD projectors. This auditorium has a seating capacity of over 120 people.
- IIT Delhi has a central library, which has over 3,00,000 books. Out of these, almost 21000 books are on management.
- Also, it has Computer lab, Behavioral lab, Strategy & competitiveness lab, Intellectual Property Rights Cell and Entrepreneurship Development cell, Corporate relations & placement cell.
- The Institute provides has 13 hostels, out of these 3 are exclusively for girls. Each hostel has a mess, reading room, common room, gym, indoor game playing facility and much more.
- IIT Delhi has various clubs, student committees and keeps organizing various events now and then.
- Various eminent personalities keep visiting IIT Delhi and share their valuable expertise and experience with the students.
Comment below in case of any queries or doubts.
Keep visiting this page for getting updated information about IIT Delhi MBA Admission. You can also follow us on Facebook, Google plus & Twitter for more updates on various MBA/BBA exams and admissions.