MAH CET 2017 – Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra will be conducting MAH CET 2017 for MBA and MMS admission on March 4 and 5, 2017 respectively. The exam will be held across the selected cities of Maharashtra & other States in online mode, where 200 MCQs will be asked. The candidates who registered for the test before the due date will now be issued the MAH CET 2017 admit card on February 23, 2017. It will be available online and a link to access and download the same has been provided here below. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH CET) is a state level entrance exam held every year for admission to various post graduate management programmes offered by Colleges/Universities of Maharashtra state affiliated to DTE. This year, around 59,000 seats will be filled on the basis of MAH CET/MMS CET score. Result of this entrance exam will be announced on March 10, 2017. Read this article further for information on dates, eligibility norms, exam pattern, application process, syllabus, admit card, cutoff, result and more about MAH CET MBA 2017.
Click Here to download MAH CET 2017 Admit Card
General Facts – MAH CET
- Name of the Exam – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH CET )
- Commonly known as – MAH CET/MAH CET MBA/MAH MBA/MMS CET
- Conducting Body – Directorate Of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra
- Courses Offered – MBA and MMS
- Level of Exam – State level
- Exam Mode – Online (Computer-based test)
Courses offered under MAH CET 2017
The participating Institutes accepting MAH CET MBA 2017 score will offer admission to the following courses –
- Two-year full-time course in Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Two-year full-time course in Master of Management Studies (MMS)
- Two-year full-time course in Post Graduate Diploma Course in Management (PGDM)
- Two-year full-time course in Post Graduate Diploma Course in Business Management (PGDBM)
It is imperative for the MAH CET aspirants to regularly keep tracking the important events and their corresponding dates to ensure that no deadline is missed. To help the candidates with this much needed tracking, the table below lists the MAH CET MBA Important Dates & Events.
|1||Application Process commenced from||21 January 2017|
|2||Last date to apply & pay the fee was||13 February 2017|
|3||Last date to edit the application form was||13 February 2017|
|4||Admit card will be released on||23 February 2017|
|5||Last date to print the submitted application form||28 February 2017|
|6||Exam Date – MAH CET 2017 (MBA)||4 March 2017|
|7||Exam Date – MAH CET 2017 (MMS)||5 March 2017|
|8||Announcement of result||10 March 2017|
|9||Counselling process to be held in||2nd week of May 2017|
DTE will be issuing the MAH CET 2017 admit card to all the duly registered candidates on February 23, 2017. It will be available in online mode only for the candidates to view and download.
- The MAH CET hall ticket 2017 can be viewed and downloaded till the date of the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam, if they will fail to produce a valid admit card on the date of the exam.
- The admit card will not be sent to any of the candidates via post or email.
- Name of the candidate, complete address of the candidate, details of exam centre allotted, category, roll number, signature & photograph and other details will be all mentioned on the admit card.
The candidates should keep the admit card safe until the admission process concludes. No duplicate admit card will be issued.
The aspirants preparing for MAH CET 2017 must make sure that they are aware of the test pattern andf must prepare for the test accordingly. The exam pattern will help the candidates to understand the structure of the question paper.
- It is a computer-based test.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes (150 Minutes).
- Multiple-choice questions will be asked in the exam. Each question will have 5 options.
- No negative marking is applicable.
- Each question will carry 1 marks. Marking more than one answers for any question will be deemed as incorrect answer and no marks will be awarded for such question.
The candidates can refer to the table below for having more clarity about the test pattern of MAH CET 2017.
|S. No.||Topic||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|3||Verbal Ability / Reading Comprehension||50||50||1|
To have an edge over the preparations and to keep a check on the level of preparations, the candidates can practice from the MAH CET 2017 Sample Papers. To know the previous year exam trends, the candidates can also use MAH CET Previous Year Question Papers.
DTE has prescribed the syllabus for MAH CET MBA 2017. The candidates preparing for the test must ensure that they have an idea about the topics and sub-topics required to be studied for the exam. As told above, the exam will have questions from different sections and the syllabus for these sections is as follow –
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning – Questions will be there which will measure how quickly and accurately you can think. This test may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also questions on verbal reasoning.
- Quantitative Aptitude – This section will have questions which will measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts. Also, there will be questions on various arithmetic problems involving ratio and proportion, percentage, etc.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – In this section, passages with questions will be asked, your English Language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc.
Click on the sub-heading here to know the complete syllabus of MAH CET 2017.
Before starting with the application process, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for MAH CET and apply only after ensuring that the same is met. If the candidates will fail to meet the eligibility norms of the test, then their candidature will be cancelled, irrespective of the admission process level. The MAH CET MBA 2017 eligibility criteria is as follow –
- The candidates should be Indian National. Both, the candidates belonging to Maharashtra state and other states can appear for the test. However, apart from certain eligibility norms being standard, these differ for Maharashtra state and other state candidates.
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum duration of 3 years in any discipline awarded by any of the Universities recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities, passed with minimum at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD category candidates) or its equivalent.
- Also, the scores of other management entrance exams, such as CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/ATMA will be accepted by various colleges for granting admission.
- The candidates who will be appearing for their final year examinations of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for MAH CET 2017.
Click on the caption-head here for complete details on eligibility conditions of MAH CET MBA 2017.
The application form to apply for MAH CET 2017 was available in online mode only. The last date to apply was February 20, 2017. To be eligible to appear for the test, the candidates must make sure that they fill in the application form before the deadline.
- The application form cannot be obtained in offline mode.
- It is important that all details being filled in the form should be valid and must be filled carefully.
- The MAH CET 2017 application process was a simple 5 step process, which included filling of basic personal details, uploading photograph & signature, fill other requisite details, preview the filled details, edit them if required and make the payment of application fee
- Printing of the confirmation page on submission of the application form. No need of sending this copy via post to DTE but keep it safe for future use.
MAH CET Application Fee 2017
To complete the application process, the candidates will have to pay a non-refundable application fee, which can be paid in online mode only using Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking. The amount of the fee is as follow –
|Category||Amount of Fee|
|For Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only||Rs. 800/-|
Click on the caption-head here to know the registration process of MAH CET 2017 in detail.
While filling the application form, the candidates will be required to select the test city. The exam will be held in various cities of the Maharashtra and other states. Each city and centre may have various venues depending. Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final. No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for examination shall be entertained, therefore the candidates must make sure that the city selected by them should be nearby and convenient for travelling.
The candidates look for the answer key, after giving the exam as it helps the candidates analyse their performance and also calculate the probable score. The answer key is made available as a pdf file and it lists the answers to the questions which will be asked in the exam.
- Since MAH CET MBA will be held in online mode, procuring the answer key for it is practically not feasible. However, there are chances that unofficial MAH CET MBA Answer Key 2017 will be released by various private coaching Institutes and the candidates can use them for matching their answers.
- These keys will be prepared on the basis of memory based questions and the candidates should not completely rely on these unofficial answer keys.
The result for MAH CET 2017 will be announced online on March 10, 2017. The candidates will be able to check their result and download the score card by entering their application number and Date of Birth. Based on performance of the candidates in this entrance exam, separate merit lists will be prepared for each course. The result will furnish the name of the candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds.
On conclusion of the counselling, the final result will be announced, probably in second week of June 2017. It will furnish the candidate’s All India, State level, University level and J&K ranks.
With the announcement of the result, the participating institutes will release their cutoff scores. The candidates must score the minimum cutoff marks to be eligible for the counselling rounds. The cutoff score is expected to remain similar to that of the previous year. Also, the cutoff score will vary for all the colleges accepting MAH CET 2017 score.
The table below provides the expected MAH CET 2017 cutoff for some of the top B-schools.
|S. No.||Name of the Institute||Cut off Percentile/Marks|
|1||Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||160 (99+ Percentile)|
|2||Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||150 (98+ Percentile)|
|3||ITM Business School, Mumbai||125|
|4||Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||99.111|
|5||Department of Management Sciences, Pune||120|
|6||S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||95.611|
|7||K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||98.195|
|8||Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||140 (97+ percentile)|
|9||N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||95.93|
|10||Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||93.205|
|11||University of Pune – DMS (PUMBA), Pune||93.739|
|12||MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai||91.213|
Most of the Institutes and colleges of Maharashtra will be accepting the scores for MAH CET 2017. Some of these participating colleges have been listed here below –
- Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Somaiya Institute of Management Studies&Research, Mumbai
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research & Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- Prin. L. N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune
- Department of Management Studies, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
- Department of Commerce & Management, Shivaji University, Kolhapur
Click on the sub-heading here to get the complete list of Participating Colleges.
The MAH CET MBA counselling rounds or popularly known as the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) is expected to be conducted in the month of June 2017. On the basis of marks obtained in MAH CET 2017, the candidates will be called to attend the counselling process. Last year, a total of 4 CAP rounds were held, where the 4th round was held exclusively for the Maharashtra state candidates. In the CAP rounds, the candidates are required to fill in the options for colleges and courses according to their preferences. Based on the filled-in choices of the candidates, availability of seats, reservation norms and merit, the candidates will be allotted seats.
The shortlisted candidates are required to fill in their options in the CAP rounds and based on the options and other factors, the seats will be allotted to the candidates. The exam official will release the allotment status for the CAP rounds online. These selected candidates are required to visit the ARCs for document verification process and payment of the fee. Last year, more than 400 Institutes accepted the MAH CET MBA scores. Click on sub-heading above to know more about the seat allotment round.