MAT Cutoff 2016 – The B-Schools accepting the MAT May score will release their cutoff marks. The MAT cutoff will be prepared on the basis of various factors, such as the total number of seats, difficulty level of the paper, number of seats appeared for the test, etc. The candidates must score the minimum cutoff scores to be eligible for the pre-admission rounds of the various participating institutes. However, it must be noted that each of the participating institute will have their own cutoff scores. Also, the MAT May cutoff will vary with the category of the candidates. The paper based test was held on May 07 while the computer-based test will be held on May 13, 2017. Know more about MAT Cutoff 2017 and check the previous year cutoff scores from this article.
Use MAT Pathfinder to know the colleges where you can apply using MAT score
MAT 2017 Participating Institutes
MAT 2017 Cutoff
MAT Cutoff 2016
The cutoff for MAT is the minimum marks required to get shortlisted into the pre-admission processes of various Management Institute accepting MAT scores. The official cutoff will be released by the AIMA after the declaration of the MAT Result for May. The candidates must note that AIMA and other participating Institutes keep the cutoff similar to that of last years. Therefore, we can expect the MAT September Cutoff to be similar to that of previous years. Check the table for Institute-wise cutoff of previous year –
Institute-Wise MAT Cutoff
|Top B schools||MAT Cutoff marks|
|Management Development Institute (MDI)||600|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Management||500|
|Kristu Jayanti Instituteof Management||500|
|Japuria Institute of Management||400|
|Accurate Institute of Management & Technology||450|
|Universal Business school||400|
|SIES College of management||550|
|MIT School of Business||500|
MAT Cutoff 2016
Terms Related to MAT Cutoff –
- Official MAT Cutoff marks: MAT 2016 cutoff marks will be released by the AIMA. That cutoff will be called the official cutoff. Everyone have to consider that cutoff. Selection of the candidate will be done according to this cutoff.
- Expected cutoff marks: This cutoff marks will be announced by some reputed institutes only. This cutoff will not be the final one.
- Cutoff scores: This will be the limit that has to be beaten by the candidates to get selected. MAT 2016 Cutoff will decide the selection of candidates.
- Cutoff ranks: Cutoff rank will decide the priority of the candidates in the selection. Higher the rank higher will be a priority to get selected. The last rank to et included in the merit list will be cutoff rank.
MAT 2016 Cutoff Details
- Candidates should check Cutoff of MAT 2016 to check whether they qualify the exam or not. This will tell if they are moving to further round or not.
- Candidates should also look to MAT result to check qualification of exam.
- Candidates beating Cut Off of MAT 2016 Exam will be put in the merit list.
- If you score 500+ you will get a good B school.
Factors Affecting the MAT 2016 Cutoff
- Number of candidates registered
- Number of candidates appeared the exam
- Reservation Norms
- Level of difficulty of exam
- Previous year cutoff trends
- Previous year admission trends
Each participating Institute will have their own set of clauses for selecting candidates for their management programmes. These Institutes will release their cutoff after the result for MAT 2017 is released to shortlist candidates for the pre-admission process. Most Management Institutes will be having the following pattern for selection –
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
According to the admission committee, the candidate’s thought process and written communication skills are tested during the WAT. In the GD rounds, most of the soft-spoken or shy candidates fail to make an impression. Thus, the WAT rounds are gaining prominence over the GD rounds.
|To check other national exam cutoffs|
|CAT 2017 Cutoff||IIFT 2017 Cutoff||NMAT 2017 Cutoff||SNAP 2016 Cutoff||XAT 2017 Cutoff|