MICAT 2017 – The phase 2 of MICA Aptitude Test (MICAT) was conducted on February 12, 2017, for admission to MICA’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication (PGDM-C). On February 22, 2017, the MICAT 2017 result-cum-scorecard has been announced. The result is available online and the candidates can download their MICAT scorecard 2017 by accessing the link given here below. Now, the Institute will prepare the GE & PI shortlist on the basis of MICAT I and II score, and will announce it on February 23, 2017. These shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for the Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) at MICA, Ahmedabad on March 09, 10 and 11, 2017 and in other cities from March 17 to 20, 2017. MICA will announce the final result on March 31, 2017. Read this article for more details on MICAT I & II 2017, shortlist, cutoff score, GE & PI rounds, final result, etc. from this article.
Latest MICAT II 2017 Result Announced – Check Here
The complete schedule for MICAT – II is available and the candidates can check the same from the table below. The candidates must make sure that they are familiar with the schedule of the test so that they don’t miss any deadline.
|MICAT II Schedule|
|1||MICAT II Registration started from||January 03, 2017|
|2||End date for MICAT II Registration||January 31, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|3||Admit Card issued on||February 06, 2017|
|4||Exam Date – MICAT 2017 (II)||February 12, 2017|
|5||Result-cum-scorecard announced on||February 22, 2017|
|6||Final result to be announced on||March 31, 2017|
The candidates can click on the caption-head to check all other important dates of MICAT – II regarding the post-exam admission rounds.
MICAT – II result declared on February 22, 2017 in the form of scorecard. The result is available online for the candidates to check. The candidates can download their MICAT 2017 Phase 2 scorecard by logging into their respective student account. The best of the two MICAT scores will be considered for shortlisting the candidates for further admission rounds. The GE-PI shortlist is expected to be published on February 23, 2017. The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at MICA Ahmedabad and other major cities across India in the month of March, 2017. Such shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a DD of Rs. 50,000/- for the pre-admission process. The final result of the test will be announced on March 31, 2017.
After the announcement of result, MICA will determine the MICAT 2017 cutoff after considering various factors such as difficulty level of exam, number of candidates who took the test, previous year cutoff etc. The cutoff is basically the minimum marks taken as base by the Institute and only candidates obtaining equal to or more score than the cutoff will only be considered for shortlisting.
The selection procedure of MICA for admission into the PGDM-C courses can be categorized into three parts/stages, which are –
- Stage I: The candidates must have a valid score card of CAT 2016, CAT 2017 or GMAT (2013 onwards).
- Stage II: The candidates must appear for MICAT 2017.
- Stage III: The candidates who have scored well in the entrance test will be shortlisted for the pre-admission processes i.e. GE and PI. After GE & PI, the Institute will declare the final result.
The admit card to appear for MICAT – II has been issued on February 6, 2017. It is available online and will be sent to the email id of the candidates to download and print it. The admit card will not be sent to any of the candidates via post or email. Only candidates, who submitted the application form before the due date have only been issued the MICAT 2017 Admit Card. It is an important document which must be carried by the candidates to the test centre for the purpose of verification and seeking entry into the exam hall. The candidates failing to furnish the same will not be allowed to write the exam.
Since, MICAT is a computer based test, therefore obtaining the answer key is practically not feasible. However, there are chances that MICA may release the MICAT 2017 Answer Key. In case it does, the link to download the same will be provided here on this page. The answer key is made available as a pdf file and it lists the answers to the questions which are asked in the exam. By using these answer keys, the candidates are able to match their attempted answers and also estimate their score before the official announcement of result.
The entrance test for MICA will be held in a Computer Based format with both subjective and objective questions. The test will be challenging the candidate’s logical reasoning, analytical, verbal ability, General Awareness and divergence of thinking skills. MICAT will have a special kind if test known as the Psychometric test. The MICAT paper will comprise of two booklets, which have been detailed below –
- Test Booklet 1 – This booklet contains two parts, Part 1 and Part 2. The first part will contain around 100-120 questions (MCQs). There is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer. Part 2 contains a total of 2 descriptive questions.
- Test Booklet 2 – There is a total of 3 sections and the questions are descriptive in nature. Here, the candidates are required to complete all the questions as failing to which the answer sheet will not be evaluated.
Before applying for MICA Admission test, the candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the test. If they will fail to fulfill the eligibility norms, then their candidature will be cancelled. Check the list of eligibility criteria that a candidate must meet in order to be considered eligible to appear for the test –
- The candidates must be a graduate (must have compiled with the 10+2+3 system) from any recognized University.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of their qualifying programme can also apply.
- The candidates must have a valid CAT 2016, XAT 2017 or GMAT (2015 onward) score.
The application form to apply for MICA – II is now available. The candidates can register for the test from January 3 to 31, 2017. The application form is available online only.
- All the MICA applicants must ensure that they will have valid score of CAT 2016/XAT 2017 or GMAT (2015 onwards).
- They must check the eligibility criteria before commencing with the registration.
- To register for the test, the candidates will be required to enter certain personal details such as name, mobile number, email address and agree to a declaration for procuring MICAT 2017 login credentials.
- Using this MICAT User ID and password, the candidates must login as an existing user and fill all the requisite details in the application form carefully.
Browsers to be used for MICAT Registration
- Internet Explorer (version 7 to 11)
- Mozilla Firefox (14 to 43)
- Google Chrome (20 to 51)
MICAT Application Fee 2017
To complete the application process, the candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee. To pay this fee, the candidates can either opt for the online method or offline method. The mode of payment and the amount of the registration fee has been given in the table below –
|Amount of MICAT registration fee||Rs. 1965 (for all category applicants)|
|Mode of payment||Using Credit/Debit Card|
|Deposit the fee in cash against the SBI challan at any nearest SBI branch|
|Through DD, drawn in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad|
MICA will be conducting the MICA Admission Test across 14 cities of the country. Few of these have been listed here below.
However, the candidates can click on the caption-head to obtain the complete list of the test cities and to know all about the exam centres.