SNAP 2017 – Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a management entrance exam conducted for admissions to MBA programs offered by various institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU). The schedule of SNAP 2017 test is yet to be announced. However, the test is likely to be conducted in the third week of December, 2017. The admission process for the SNAP exam is expected to start in August 2017. SNAP test is an objective type test conducted in pen and paper mode. The exam is divided into four sections and the total duration of the exam is two hours.
It is held in over 30 cities across India. There are 15 SIU institutes that shortlist students on the basis of SNAP results. These institutes are located at SIU campuses in five different cities – Pune, Bengaluru, Noida, Nashik and Hyderabad. In this article, the candidates can find complete information on SNAP 2017 including the eligibility criteria, application process, important dates and exam pattern.
SNAP 2017 – An Overview
- Exam Name – Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test
- Exam Type – National level management entrance exam
- Conducted By – Symbiosis International University (SIU)
- Conducted For – Admissions to MBA courses offered by SIU institutes
- Exam Mode – Pen and paper based
- Types of Questions – Objective
- Application Starts – Third week of August 2017 (Tentative)
- Exam Date – Third week of December 2017 (Tentative)
The important dates of SNAP test 2017 has not been announced yet. However, It is expected that the registration for SNAP 2017 will start in the month of August and will continue until November. Once the application process ends, the admit card will be released to the candidates. The test is likely to be conducted in the third week of December. The table given below provides a tentative schedule of SNAP exam 2017 –
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Application process starts||Third week of August 2017|
|2||Last date to apply||Third week of November 2017|
|3||Release of admit card||First week of December 2017|
|4||SNAP 2017 exam||Third week of December 2017|
|5||Announcement of result||Second week of January 2018|
Before filling the application form of SNAP 2017, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the following eligibility criteria –
- The candidate must be a graduate with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ ST candidates) marks.
- The final year graduation students are eligible to apply. However, they must submit the proof of completing their graduation within the specified time period.
- Foreign degree holders must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
If the above-mentioned eligibility conditions are not fulfilled, the candidates can get disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
Also, the reserved category candidates need to submit valid supporting documents at the time of counselling. The reservation policy of SNAP test is as follows –
Within Sanctioned Intake
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Differently Abled – 3%
Over & Above Intake
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 seats per program
- International Candidates – 15%
The application process of SNAP 2017 starts in the month of August 2017. While the SNAP application form must be filled online, the candidates have the choice to pay the application fee online or offline. Here are the basic steps to fill the application form of SNAP 2017 –
- Click on the registration link which will be made available here when the application process starts.
- Fill the application form by entering the required details.
- Upload a coloured passport size photograph.
- Submit the application form.
- After the online SNAP registration, the candidates can pay the test fee online through credit card and net banking. Alternatively, the candidates can pay the test fee through cash or demand draft.
It must be noted that the application form can be edited only up to the closing date of application. Also, the test fee is non-refundable.
The admit card of SNAP 2017 is released in the first week of December 2017. It is released online and the candidates must download and print it. The admit card can be downloaded by accessing the download link and entering the log in details. The admit card is an important document without which the candidates will not be allowed to sit for the exam. Here are a few important things that the candidates must keep in mind –
- The candidates must ensure that all the details mentioned on the admit card are correct.
- A passport size photo must be pasted on the printed admit card.
- The candidates should carry the admit card along with a photo ID proof to the examination centre.
- The admit card will be authenticated by an authorized person at the examination centre.
- The authenticated admit card should be preserved by the candidates for further admission rounds.
SNAP 2017 exam is an offline exam. It is conducted in pen and paper mode. It’s an objective type test in which each question carries 4 responses and the candidates are required to choose the most appropriate response. The total duration of the exam is two hours and the total number of questions asked is 150. SNAP exam is divided into the following four sections –
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions|
|2||Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40|
Each question carries one mark. There is negative marking as well. For every wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
SNAP test is a popular entrance test taken by a large number of MBA aspirants. It is conducted in several cities across the country. Last year, the test was held in 32 cities. In the table given below, the candidate can check the names of SNAP test cities –
Depending on the number of applicants, this number may increase or decrease in SNAP 2017. While filling the application form, the candidates can choose the city where they wish to take the exam.
SNAP test comprises of four sections and the questions are asked from a wide range of topics. Here are some of the main topics from which the questions are asked –
- General English – Sentence correction, fill in the blanks, analogies, one word substitution, jumbled paragraphs, idioms etc.
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency – Number system, simple interest & compound interest, profit & loss, trigonometry, HCF & LCM, Venn diagram etc.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning – Critical reasoning, syllogisms, matrix arrangements, critical reasoning, column graphs, line chart & pie charts etc.
- General Awareness – Current affairs, geography, science, automobiles, sports, world records, business & finance etc.
On the basis of SNAP 2017 result, the candidates will be shortlisted for the next rounds of admission. There are 15 SIU institutes that offer MBA programme. The candidates can apply to these institutes on the basis of SNAP result. Here is a list of these institutes –
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR), Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication (SSMC), Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Hyderabad
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS), Pune
The selection procedure of SNAP 2017 comprises of various stages which include Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT). The candidates are shortlisted for GE – PIWAT on the basis of their SNAP percentile. While preparing the final merit list, the candidates’ SNAP score as well as their performance in GE – PIWAT is taken into consideration. On the basis of the following parameters, the final merit list of the candidates is prepared –
- SNAP score – 50%
- Group Exercise – 10%
- Personal Interaction – 30%
- Writing Ability Test – 10%
The result of SNAP 2017 test will be announced in the second week of January 2018. It will be released online. The candidates will be able to check the result of SNAP exam by entering their log in credentials. On the basis of SNAP percentile, the candidates are shortlisted for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT) rounds. After the completion of GE – PIWAT, the final merit list of the candidates is released by SIU. The final merit list is likely to be released in the fourth week of February 2018.
After the announcement of SNAP 2017 result by SIU, the 15 SIU institutes will release their individual SNAP cutoffs. Only the candidates who meet the required minimum percentile will be eligible for the next rounds of admission. It must be noted that the cutoffs vary from institute to institute. The candidates will be able to check the SNAP cutoffs online.
SIU is counted among the top universities in India. It has campuses in five cities. MBA from Symbiosis is one of the most sought-after courses in India. SNAP test is one of the most difficult exams that test the candidates on their verbal, numerical and general awareness skills. The candidates are advised to visit this page regularly for latest updates and information on SNAP 2017 exam.