TANCET MBA 2017 – The end date for submission of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) MBA application form 2017 has been extended until February 28, 2017. Earlier, the last date to apply for the MBA programmes of TANCET 2017 was February 20, 2017. The online registration commenced from January 29, 2017. Anna University will conduct the entrance test on March 25, 2017 at 15 cities of the Tamil Nadu state. The application form is available in online mode and a link to apply for TANCET MBA 2017 has been provided here below on this page. The candidates interested in taking MBA admission offered by various Government and Private Colleges of Tamil Nadu state are required to appear for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2017 (TANCET). It is a state level entrance test held every year in pen-paper mode. As per the prescribed TANCET MBA eligibility norms, candidate of TN and other states having a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, passed with at least 50% aggregate marks can apply for the exam. Read this article further for details on dates, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, test pattern and more details on TANCET MBA 2017.
Latest TANCET Application Form 2017 (last date to apply extended to Feb 28)
TANCET Previous Year Question Papers
General Facts – TANCET
- Name of the exam – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
- Commonly called as – TANCET MBA
- Conducting authority – Anna University
- Exam mode – Offline
- Exam type – State level
- Courses offered – MBA
- Exam level – Post Graduate
The candidates can refer to the table below for keeping the track of all important dates and events related to TANCET MBA 2017.
|1||Online Registration started from||29 January 2017|
|2||Last date to fill and submit online application form||28 February 2017 till 5.30 PM|
|3||Admit Card to be issued in||1st week of March 2017|
|4||Exam Date – TANCET MBA 2017||25 March 2017 (02.30 to 04.30 PM)|
|5||Result will be declared in||Mid of April 2017|
|6||Counselling to commence in||April – May 2017|
The candidates before applying for the test must ensure that the following eligibility criterion is met by them.
- There is no age limit to appear for TANCET MBA.
- The candidates from the states other than Tamil Nadu can apply for it subject to they meeting the eligibility norms prescribed by the colleges accepting TANCET score for MBA admission.
- They must have a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration passed with an aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years degree programme are not eligible. Also, candidates who obtained B.E./B.Tech degree through distance mode cannot apply for the test.
- Candidates appearing for their final year exams of the said qualifying degree course except courses offered by Professional Institution’s (like AMIE) in April/May 2017 can also apply for TANCET MBA 2017.
Click on the caption-head here for complete details on TANCET MBA 2017 eligibility norms.
The candidates interested in applying for TANCET MBA 2017 are required to fill and submit an online application form. They can register for the test from January 29 to February 28, 2017.
- The application form cannot be obtained in offline mode. It is available in online mode only.
- To apply for the test, the candidates will have to create their individual user account by entering certain personal details, email id & password.
- On successful registration, the candidates will get login credentials. Using these, they will have to login and access the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates are required to fill their personal, course & exam city options, educational, upload photograph and communication details.
- No opportunity to make corrections in the submitted form will be given, so the candidates are advised to fill all the details in the form very carefully.
- To complete the application process, an application fee will be required to be paid.
- On submission of the application form, print the confirmation page. No need of sending this copy via post to Anna University but keep it safe for future use.
TANCET MBA Application Fee 2017
The candidates will have to pay a non-refundable application fee in order to complete the application process. This fee can be paid in online mode only using Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking. The amount of the fee is as follow –
|Category||Amount of Fee|
|Other non-reserved category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/SCA/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
Click on the caption-head here to know the TANCET MBA 2017 Application Process in detail.
Like last year, this year also, TANCET MBA will be held at 15 cities of the Tamil Nadu state. Some of these cities have been listed here below. To obtain the complete list of TANCET MBA 2017 exam centres, click on the sub-heading.
All the candidates will be required to produce a valid admit card in order get entry into the exam centre and permission for writing the exam. The TANCET MBA 2017 admit card will be issued in first week of March, 2017. As of now, no particular date has been announced for the release of the admit card. It can be viewed and downloaded till the date of the examination.
- Only the duly registered candidates will be able to view and download the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam, if they will fail to produce a valid admit card on the date of the exam.
- The hall ticket of TANCET MBA 2017 will be made available in online mode only for downloading. It will not be sent to any of the candidates via post or email.
- The details such as Name of the candidate, complete address of the candidate, details of exam centre allotted, category, roll number, signature & photograph etc. will be all mentioned on the admit card.
The candidates should keep the admit card safe until the admission process concludes. In case, it is lost, the candidates can obtain a duplicate admit card of TANCET MBA 2017 on payment of Rs. 100/-.
The table below provides the brief details of the TANCET MBA 2017 test pattern.
|Duration||2 hours (02.30 to 04.30 PM)|
|Mode||Pen-Paper Mode; Answers to be marked in OMR sheet|
|Sections||Questions will be asked from 5 sections –
|Questions||100 MCQ’s and each question will have 4 choices|
|Negative Marking||1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
The candidates look for the answer key, after giving the exam. The answer key will be made available in online mode in .pdf format and candidates can download the same. It will list the answers to the questions which will be asked in the exam.
- Official TANCET MBA answer key is not released by Anna University but various private coaching Institutes may release the unofficial keys. The link to download the TANCET MBA 2017 answer key will be provided here on this page.
- By using these answer keys, the candidates will be able to match their attempted answers and also estimate their score.
The result of TANCET MBA 2017 is expected to be declared in mid of April 2017. The candidates will be able to check the result and download the score card by logging in using their respective email id and password. Within 10 days of the result declaration, the mark sheets will also be dispatched to the candidates to the address given in the application. The mark sheet should be produced at the time of admission. In case the mark sheet gets misplaced, the candidates can get a duplicate mark sheet issued on payment of Rs. 100. This payment must be made in the form of a DD. This DD along a written request for issuance of duplicate mark sheet must send to the Anna University.
The counselling process for admission to MBA in colleges of Tamil Nadu will be conducted by Directorate of Technical Education and Directorate of Collegiate Education. On the basis of TANCET MBA 2017 result, the candidates will be awarded rank and according to this rank, they will be required to participate in the counselling. The eligible candidates will be required to register online. The registration process will most likely commence in April or May 2017. Venue of the counselling will be the university itself.