TAPMI Admission 2017 – T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) has announced admission to various disciplines of PGDM. It is a two-year course offered in General, Healthcare, and Banking & Financial Services (BKFS). The Institute does not conducts its own entrance test but will grant admission on the basis of CAT 2016/XAT 2017/GMAT (2015 & 2016). The eligible candidates will be initially shortlisted on the basis of these score and their overall profile, which includes class 10, 12, graduation marks and work experience etc. The application form for TAPMI admission is available in online mode only. However, the candidates can purchase the prospectus in offline and online mode. Read this article for details on important dates, eligibility criteria, registration procedure, etc. of TAPMI Admission 2017.
TAPMI Application Form 2017 – Apply here
Important Dates – TAPMI Admission 2017
All the important dates regarding the application process, shortlist and PI-WAT etc. have been announced along with the notification. The candidates can check the table below to obtain the complete schedule.
|Last date to apply on the basis of CAT score||13 January 2017|
|Last date to apply on the basis of XAT & GMAT score||31 January 2017|
|Announcement of first shortlist (Only CAT based applicants)||By 20 January 2017|
|Announcement of second shortlist (XAT & GMAT based applicants)||By 10 February 2017|
|PI-WAT will be conducted in various cities||February – March 2017|
|Final Result||Date yet to be notified|
About TAPMI 2017
TAPMI won’t be conducting any entrance test for admission into its PGDM courses. The admission will be granted on the basis of the candidate’s CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT scores. The courses offered by the Institute are –
- Post Graduate Programme in Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Healthcare Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Banking & Financial Services
Before the candidates start with the registration for TAPMI Admission 2017, they are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of the Institute. It must be noted that the candidates must meet all the eligibility norms of the Institute to be eligible for admission processes. If the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility norms, then their candidature will be cancelled in the document verification rounds. The TAPMI eligibility criteria for Indian candidates and NRI candidates differ from each other.
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University with minimum 50% as the aggregate marks.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply for TAPMI.
- Also, the candidates must have a valid score in CAT 2016/XAT 2017/GMAT 2015/16
- As per the Government of India norms, these candidates must have their Parents/Blood relatives working/living abroad.
- The candidates must be a graduate with 50% as aggregate marks from any AIU recognized University.
- The candidates must have a valid GMAT 2015/16 score.
- Also, the candidates who have appeared for CAT 2016/XAT 2017 and meeting all the residential requirements can also apply.
The application process will commence with the release of the TAPMI notification. With the release of the application form, a link will be provided in this article to access the application form. First, the candidates are required to purchase the TAPMI Admission Prospectus which will contain the coded voucher. Now, the candidates can apply online the voucher. However, to access the application form, the candidates can also make online fee payment.
Last year, the TAPMI Application Form 2017 were available in the following centres –
- Coaching centres of IMS and T.I.M.E.
- TAPMI Admissions Office, Manipal
TAPMI Application Fee
While applying for TAPMI PGDM programmes, the candidates must note that the application fee is non-refundable. The application fee for Indian and NRI candidates will differ from each other.
For Indian candidates, the fee will be
- One Programme – Rs. 1500/-
- Two Programmes – Rs. 2500/-
- Three Programmes – Rs. 3500/-
For NRI candidates, the application fee will be
- One Programme – Rs. 3500/- or US$ 50
- Two Programmes – Rs. 4500/- or US$ 75
- Three Programmes – Rs. 6000/- or US$ 100
TAPMI Selection Procedure 2017
As mentioned above, the Institute will not conduct any entrance test for admission into the PGDM programmes of TAPMI. Admissions will be granted to the candidates on the basis of their scores in CAT 2016/XAT 2017/GMAT 2015/16. Also, there are other parameters that will be the deciding factor of the final result.
On the basis of the CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, the candidates will first be shortlisted for the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview rounds. In the WAT rounds, the candidates will be given a topic to write an essay on it. After the WAT round, the candidates will face a panel of interviewers in the PI round. In the PI round, the candidates will be asked questions about their academic record, the details they have filled in the application form, about future goals, etc. The questions in the PI round will mostly be about the candidate.