TISSNET 2017 – Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) conducted TISSNET 2017 on January 7, 2017 at 39 centres, which were set up across major cities of the nation. The result of this entrance test has been declared on February 10, 2017. Along with it, the official cutoff has also been announced. The result-cum-scorecard of TISSNET 2017 is available online for the candidates to check and download. A link to check result of TISSNET 2017 has been provided here below. Only candidates qualifying TISSNET and clearing the cutoff has been shortlisted for the Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI). On the basis of TISSNET score, admission will be granted to various MA programmes offered by TISS at its campuses. For final selection, 40% weightage will be given to TISSNET marks and 30% each will be given to PIT & PI. Keep reading this article to know about the answer key, result, score, selection process, cutoff etc. of TISSNET 2017.
Latest – TISS has announced the TISSNET 2017 Result and official on February 10, 2017. Click on the link below for more details.
The candidates must keep a track of all the events and their corresponding dates related to TISSNET and admission at TISS, so that no deadline or event is missed. They can refer to the table below for the same.
|1||Date of TISSNET 2017||07 January 2017|
|2||TISSNET 2017 Result declared on||10 February 2017|
|3||Pre-Interview Test & Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur Campuses, and BALM, Chennai||10 to 21 March 2017|
|4||Pre-Interview Test & Personal Interview at TISS Hyderabad||29 to 31 March 2017|
|5||Pre-Interview Test & Personal Interview at TISS Guwahati||4 to 7 April 2017|
|6||Announcement of selection for all the Programs||21 April 2017|
The candidates can click on this caption-head to get all the important dates related to the admission process.
General Facts – TISSNET
- Exam Name – TISS National Entrance Test
- Commonly Known As – TISSNET
- Level of Exam – National Level
- Exam Category – Post-graduate
- Conducting Body – TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
The TISSNET 2017 result has been announced on February 10, 2017 around 5.25 PM. On the basis of this TISSNET score, cutoff and PIT/PI performance, the candidates will be finally granted admission.
- The TISSNET 2017 result is available in online mode only for the candidates to check. Considering the convenience of the candidates, a link to access the result has been provided here on this page.
- For checking the result, the candidates are required to enter their email ID and password, which was provided at the time of registration.
- The scorecard of TISSNET 2017 will also be sent via email to all the candidates.
The qualifying marks for TISS entrance test for different category candidates is as follow –
Click on the caption-head here to get complete details on result of TISSNET 2017.
Along with the result, the TISSNET cutoff 2017 has been declared. The cutoff marks has been mentioned on the TISSNET score card for each category of candidates.
- The cutoff is the minimum score which is fixed and applied by the Institute for shortlisting the eligible candidates to be called for PIT/PI, out of the thousands who apply for admission.
- Based on these cutoffs and the selection norms prescribed by the Institute, the candidates will be selected for final selection.
- The cutoff differs for every course and this year, the cutoff is expected to go up by 5 marks compared to last year.
|MA in Human Resource||TISSNET 2017 Cutoff (Expected)|
|General category||79 to 81|
|SC/ST category||70 – 72|
The candidates can click on the caption-head here to check expected TISSNET 2017 cutoff for every category and for complete details on same.
Answer Key provides the correct answers to all the questions which are asked in the exam. These are released after the conduct of the test. But in case of TISSNET, obtaining the TISSNET 2017 answer key is not feasible as it is a computer based test. Therefor, obtaining the question paper and answer key for this test is not practically possible. Though, the students may find a few answer key of TISSNET over the internet provided by the unofficial sources but the candidates are suggested that they should not rely on these as their source will not be authentic.
There are two stages to select the candidates for different programmes. The Institute assesses the candidates on the basis of three components. All candidates will firstly be required to appear for TISSNET 2017. Thereafter, based on the performance in this test, the candidates will be shortlisted to be called for the Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview (PIT/PI).
The marks for different components of assessment is as follow –
|Entrance Test – TISSNET 2017||100|
|Personal Interview (PI)||75|
This year, the weights assigned to TISSNET, PIT and PI for the preparation of final merit list for General as well as for reserved category candidates has been revised by TISS. The revised weights are as follow
- TISSNET – 40%, earlier this was 50%
- PIT/GD – 30%, earlier this was 20%
- PI – 30%, this is same like last year
Using these weights, the merit list will be prepared by TISS and according to the merit list for each programme, the candidates will be selected for granting admission.
The exam concluded at 3.40 PM on Jan 7, 2017. The candidates who took the exam were of the view that the difficulty level has remained the same. The questions in the exam were asked as per the announced exam pattern. Questions from LR section were asked from Number Series, Logical Connectivity, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Antonyms. Questions from Mathematics were asked from Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss.
Click on the caption-head to obtain the detailed and sectional analysis of the test as shared by experts.
It’s important for all the TISSNET 2017 aspirants to go through the test pattern thoroughly before commencing with their preparations. The exam structure is prescribed by TISS every year along with the release of exam notification. TISSNET is a computer based test. Duration of the test is 1 hour 40 minutes. Total 100 objective type questions are asked in the test from 3 sections. The candidates can check the table below for better understanding of the tentative TISSNET 2017 exam pattern.
|S. No.||Name of the Sections||Number of questions asked||Duration|
|1||General Awareness||40||1 hour 40 minutes (100 minutes)|
|3||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||30|
All the duly registered candidates will be able to download the TISSNET 2017 admit card from December 21 to 22, 2016. It will be sent only through email and under no circumstances, the admit card will be sent via post. TISSNET admit card is an important document which must be carried by the candidates to their allotted test centre for the purpose of verification. The details such as exam centre address, date, time, name, signature etc. of the candidates will be mentioned on the admit card. All such details should be verified properly by the candidates and in case of errors; the same must be brought to the notice of TISS for correction. No candidate will be allowed to take the exam in case he/she will fail to produce a valid admit card of TISSNET.
All the candidates must prepare for the test according to the prescribed syllabus. This way it will be ensured that their preparation is not a haphazard one. The questions in the TISSNET will be asked from 3 sections, as already told in the above section. The brief detail of the syllabus for each section is mentioned here below. However, the candidates can click on the caption-head to obtain the detailed syllabus.
- English Proficiency – Antonym, Synonym, Analogies, Spelling Mistake, Choose the pair, Comprehension, One word substitution, Idioms and phrases, Choose analogous pair, Sentence improvement, formation, completion.
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning – Speed, Time and Distance, Linear Equations, Geometry, Functions, Graphs, Mensuration, Probability, Algebra, Heights and Distance, Permutation and Combination, LCM and HCF, Statistics.
- General Awareness – History, Culture, Politics, Geography, Sports news, Business, Economics, Nation and States, Sports, Literature, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Indian Constitution.
After completing the syllabus, the candidates can resort to solving TISSNET sample papers and previous year question papers. This will give them confidence and their TISSNET preparation the necessary edge.
It is a National level test, which is held across major cities of the country. Like last year, the exam will be held in 39 Indian cities.Though, the details of the allotted exam centre will be provided in the admit card, the candidates will be required to fill the test city in the application form while registering for the test. The names of some of the major test cities where the exam is held is as follow –
- New Delhi
To obtain the complete list of the TISSNET 2017 exam centres, the candidates can click on this caption-head.
The candidates interested in applying for the test must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria. Non-fulfillment of the same may lead to disqualification of the candidature irrespective of the stage of admission a candidate will be. The eligibility norms are as follow –
- The candidates having a bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
- At the time of applying, the candidates pursuing the 3 year degree programme should make sure that they have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and the candidates studying in 4 year degree programmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
For detailed information on the eligibility criteria of various programmes, the candidates can click on the caption-head.
The candidates interested in writing TISSNET 2017 can now apply for the same. The online registration process has commenced from September 29 and will conclude on December 07, 2016. The TISSNET application form 2017 is available in online mode only. However, the candidates residing in remote areas can write an application to the TISS-Mumbai campus, requesting them to send a hard copy of the application form. Such applicants will be required to fill the application form in their handwriting and submit the duly filled form (along with necessary enclosures). The form must reach TISS on or before December 09, 2016.
- All the candidates should check the TISSNET eligibility norms first. After ensuring that they are eligible to apply, they must proceed further to register for the test.
- To register online for the test, all the candidates must have a valid email ID. Such candidates are not required to send the copy of the filled form by post to the Institute.
- The candidates must note that they can apply for a maximum of 3 programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses and other locations.
- Only one application form must be filled by the candidates even if they are applying for multiple programmes. The application will be rejected, in case candidate is found to have filled more than one online form.
To know the TISSNET registration process in detail, click on the caption-head.
TISSNET Application Fee 2017
While registering for the test, all the candidates are required to pay an application fee, depending upon the number of programmes they wish to apply for. This fee can be paid either by depositing cash in any branch of SBI or through credit/debit card/net banking. The candidates can check the table below to know the amount of TISSNET 2017 registration fee.
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programmes||Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Payment by Net Banking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)||General||Eligible SC/ST/OBC(NC)|
|Applying for 1 Programme||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260||Rs. 1000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 250 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 2 Programmes||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520||Rs. 2000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 500 + Bank Charges|
|Applying for 3 Programmes||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780||Rs. 3000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 750 + Bank Charges|
Keep visiting this page for all the updated information on TISSNET 2017. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- TISSNET 2017 Exam Analysis by Experts
- TISSNET 2017 Answer Key
- TISSNET Exam Centres 2017
- TISSNET 2016 Cutoff
- TISSNET Sample Papers