TS ICET 2017 – Kakatiya University, Warangal is expected to conduct TSICET 2017 on May 18, 2017.The official notification for TS ICET 2017 is expected to be released in last week February 2017. However, the news of exam date being announced is doing rounds as of now. The candidates interested in taking admission to MBA courses offered by the Universities of Telangana State and their affiliated colleges. The online registration for this state level entrance exam is likely to commence in first week of March 2017. Any candidate having Bachelor’s degree passed with at least 50% marks or who has appeared for final year exams of graduation is eligible to apply and take Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) 2017. The exam is expected to be held in online mode this year and 200 multiple choice questions will be asked in it. Read this article further to get details on dates, eligibility criteria, application form & fee, syllabus, test pattern, admit card and more on TSICET 2017.
Name of the Exam – Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test
Commonly known as – TS ICET
Conducted by – Kakatiya University, Warangal on the basis of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)
Level of Exam – State Level
Exam conducted for admission to MBA & other Post Graduate Management Courses
It is important for the TSICET aspirants to be aware of the dates and events related to it and also keep regular track of these, so that no last date is missed. To make the task of tracking a bit easy for the candidates, some of the important events and their corresponding dates have been mentioned here in the table below.
The official dates have not yet been announced. This table will be updated as and when these dates will be available.
|Official TS ICET 2017 Notification to be released in||Last week of February 2017|
|Commencement of Online Registration||First week of March 2017|
|Last date to submit the TSICET application form||First week of April 2017|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||Third week of May 2017|
|Date of issuance of admit card||First week of May 2017|
|Exam Date – TS ICET 2017||18 May 2017|
|Answer Key to be issued in||Fourth week of May 2017|
|Result to be announced in||Last week of May 2017|
Click on the caption-head here to obtain the complete schedule.
The exam conducting body prescribes certain eligibility norms which must be fulfilled by every candidate interested in applying for this entrance test. Only candidates meeting the below-listed criteria must register for TS ICET.
- Both, Indian Nationals (local/non-local) and foreign candidates are eligible to appear for TS ICET subject to them meeting other prescribed conditions.
- No age restriction.
- They should have passed their Bachelors Degree Examination of minimum three years duration from a recognized University/College with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
- The qualifying degree, if obtained by Distance Mode Program then it should have recognition by joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- The candidates appearing for the final year degree examination or waiting for the result can also apply for the test.
The interested candidates will be required to get themselves registered online for the test. The TSICET application form 2017 is expected to be made available in first week of March 2017. The last date to register for the exam will fall in first week of April 2017.
- Like last year, this year also, it is expected that the applicants will have the option to apply for TS ICET 2017 till the second week of May 2017, i.e. a few days before the date of exam. But, such applicants will be required to pay late fee charges.
- The TS ICET 2017 application form cannot be obtained in offline mode.
- In the application form, the candidates will be required to fill their personal, aadhar card details, category, local/non-local status, choose test city, educational, contact and other requisite details.
- It must be ensured that the details filled in the form should be correct and valid. No opportunity to make corrections in the form will be provided after its submission.
- To complete the application process, the candidates will be required to pay an application fee.
TS ICET Application Fee 2017
While applying for the exam, all the candidates will be required to pay an application fee. The registration process won’t conclude till the examination fee will be paid. This fee is non-refundable and can be paid in both, online and offline mode.
- Offline – Online Centers/Citizen Service Centers, e – Seva Centers set up in the states of Telangana
- Online – Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking
The fee mentioned in the table is as per last year’s brochure and can be revised this year. The amount of TS ICET fee is as follow –
|Category||Amount of Fee|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 350/-|
Last year, the exam was held at 16 regional test centres. This year, the authority may add or delete some of the exam centres. Some of the test centres have been listed here below and the list will be updated with the release of the notification. Also, to obtain the complete list of TSICET exam centres, the candidates can click on the sub-heading here.
TSICET is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess their aptitude for admission into MBA programmes. Questions in the exam will be asked from 3 sections and the syllabus of these is as follow –
- Analytical Ability – Questions will be asked from Data Sufficiency, Data Analysis, Date, Time and Arrangement Problems & Problem Solving etc.
- Mathematical Ability – Questions will be asked from Area and Volumes, Statements, Pipes and Cistern, Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, Linear Equations and Expressions, geometry and trigonometry etc.
- Communication Ability – Questions will be asked from Basic and Computer Terminology, Reading Comprehensions & Vocabulary etc.
Click on sub-heading here to get detailed syllabus of all sections of TS ICET 2017.
Kakatiya University announces the test pattern every year. The TS ICET aspirants must go through the exam pattern before commencing with their preparations. It will give them an idea how the questions are asked in the exam, no. of questions, sections, duration and more.
- TSICET 2017 is expected to be held in computer-based mode.
- Duration of exam is expected to remain same, 2.5 hours.
- Objective type questions will be asked in the test from 3 sections.
Check this table below for clarity on the exam pattern and the candidates can click on the caption-head here for complete details on the TS ICET test pattern 2017.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Section A – Analytical Ability
1. Data Sufficiency
2. Problem Solving
|Section B – Mathematical Ability
1. Arithmetical Ability
2. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
3. Statistical Ability
|Section C – Communication Ability
2. Business and Computer Terminology
3. Functional Grammar
4. Reading Comprehension
To have an edge over the TSICET preparation and also to keep a check on the level of preparation, the candidates can practice from the TS ICET Sample Papers and Previous year question papers.
The admit card to appear for TSICET 2017 will be made available in online mode only. It is expected to be issued in the last week of April, 2017. Only the duly registered candidates will be able to view and download the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam, if they will fail to produce a valid admit card on the date of the exam.
- The details such as Name of the candidate, complete address of the candidate, details of exam centre allotted, category, roll number, signature & photograph etc. will be all mentioned on the admit card.
- The admit card will not be sent to any of the candidates via post or email.
- The candidates should keep the admit card safe until the admission process concludes.
The answer key is made available as a .pdf file and it lists the answers to the questions which are asked in the exam. The official TSICET 2017 answer key (preliminary) is expected to be issued by the conducting authority in fourth week of May 2017.
- The answer key will be made available online only for downloading.
- It will be issued for all the sets of question paper.
- By using these answer keys, the candidates will be able to match their attempted answers with the answers mentioned in the key. Also, they will be able to estimate their score and analyse their performance.
- On the exam date itself, various private coaching academies may release the TS ICET Answer Key. The candidates can refer to these for immediate use and should not completely rely on them.
The result of TS Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) 2017 will be announced on or before May 31, 2017. It will be declared and published online for the candidates to check.
- The result will furnish the marks obtained in each subject and the rank secured by the candidates.
- Based on performance of the candidates in TSICET 2017, separate merit lists will be prepared and the candidates will be called to attend counselling.
- No qualifying marks have been prescribed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST & other reserved categories but for candidates belonging to non-reserved categories, qualifying marks will be 25% (i.e. 50 out of 200).
TS ICET Cutoff 2017
After the announcement of result, various colleges accepting TSICET 2017 score and granting MBA admission on its basis will decide the cutoff. It is basically the minimum marks decided after taking into consideration various factors and the candidates are required to obtain this much or more than the cutoff marks in order to get shortlisted for further admission rounds. Thousands of students apply for admission but the colleges have limited seats, therefore cutoff is applied to shortlist the eligible candidates to be considered for admission out of these thousands who apply.
Kakatiya University will be conducting the counselling for the TS ICET 2017 qualifying candidates in August 2017. On the basis of rank secured in TS ICET 2017, the candidates will be called to attend the counselling process.
- The counselling process involves various stages like registration, document verification, choice filling and seat allotment etc.
- At the time of document verification, the candidates will be required to pay the registration fee for participating in the counselling. The amount of the fee given in the table below is of the last year and can be revised this year. In case of revision, the necessary update will be done here
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1,000|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 500|
All the information mentioned here has been collected from the last year’s brochure. All the details will be updated as and when the official TS ICET 2017 notification will be announced.
Keep visiting this page to get updated information on TSICET 2017. You can also follow us on Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter for quick updates on BBA/MBA entrance exams and B-School admissions.