TS ICET Exam Pattern 2017 – The candidates writing TS ICET entrance test can check the TS ICET 2017 exam pattern in detail here on this page. Kakatiya University has announced the test pattern of TS ICET 2017. No major changes have been made to the TS ICET 2017 test pattern. It is important for the candidates to be familiar with the pattern of the exam and TS ICET 2017 syllabus, before they begin with their preparations. TS ICET 2017 is scheduled to be held on May 18, 2017. It is a pen-paper based exam. The candidates will be required to mark their answers on an OMR answer sheet. Total 200 objective type questions, which will help the exam conducting body analyse the basic aptitude and skills of the candidates will be asked in the exam. Having an understanding of the exam pattern will give the candidates an idea about the mode of the exam, sections from which the questions will be asked, no. of sections, no. of questions and much more. Keep reading this article for complete details on TS ICET exam pattern 2017.
Latest TS ICET 2017 Application Form
TS ICET Exam Pattern 2017
Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test 2017 (TS ICET) is a state level management entrance test. This exam is conducted every year for admission to regular MBA and other postgraduate management courses offered by Colleges/Universities of the Telangana state affiliated to TSCHE. TS ICET aims to analyze the ability of the candidates to think systematically and to assess their basic aptitude needed for pursuing an MBA program.
Some of the facets of TS ICET 2017 Exam Pattern are as follow –
- Mode of the exam – Offline
- Duration of the exam – 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes)
- No. of Questions – There will be total 200 questions in the paper
- No. of Sections – Broadly 3
- Language of the exam – English
- Questions will all be multiple choice. Each question will have 4 options.
TS ICET Exam Pattern 2017 – Tabular Representation
For details on the number of questions and sections, the TS ICET 2017 aspirants can check the table given below. However, they can practice from the TS ICET sample papers for having more clarity on the test pattern. Also, the candidates can refer to the TS ICET previous year question papers to have an idea about the kinds of questions which are asked in the test and also practice them well to enhance their preparation.
|Section||No. of Questions|
Section A – Analytical Ability
|Section B – Mathematical Ability
1. Arithmetical Ability
2. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
3. Statistical Ability
|Section C – Communication Ability
2. Business and Computer Terminology
3. Functional Grammar
4. Reading Comprehension
TS ICET Exam Pattern 2017 – Details of the Sections
All the above-mentioned 3 sections have been detailed here below.
1. Section A – Analytical Ability
This section will have questions from data sufficiency and problem-solving. Questions from sequences and series, data analysis, coding and decoding problems and date, time & arrangement problems will be asked from the problem-solving sections. However, in data sufficiency questions, the data will be given in the form of statements and the candidates will have to mark the correct answer on its basis.
2. Section B – Mathematical Ability
Here, the questions will be asked to assess the arithmetical, algebraical and geometrical and statistical ability of the candidates.
3. Section C – Communication Ability
In this section, the candidates will be assessed on the ability to Identify vocabulary used in day-to-day communication, Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts. Identifying the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.) and understanding the written text and drawing inferences.
TS ICET Exam Pattern 2017 – Marking Scheme
Along with the exam pattern, it is imperative to know the marking scheme as it will help the candidates to plan strategically for the day of the exam. Below is the TS ICET 2017 marking scheme –
- The total mark of the test is 200, wherein section A & B will carry 75 marks while section C will carry 50 marks.
- 1 mark each will be awarded for marking a correct answer.
- No negative marking is applicable and no mark will be deducted for leaving a question blank. However, if the candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
- The qualifying percentage of marks in TS ICET 2017 for candidates belonging to non-reserved categories is 25% (i.e. 50 marks out of total 200 marks).
- There is no qualifying marks available for SC/ST candidates.
The interested candidates fulfilling the TS ICET 2017 eligibility criteria must fill and submit the TS ICET application form 2017 with the payment of Rs. 10000 as late fee till May 14, 2017. However, the last date to apply for this entrance test without the late fee payment is April 16, 2017. The TS ICET 2017 admit card will be issued only to the registered candidates on April 24, 2017. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the test, if they will fail to produce the valid hall ticket. TS ICET 2017 result will be announced online by Kakatiya University along with official TS ICET 2017 answer key on May 30, 2017.