UPES MET 2016 – On 13 March 2016, the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun conducted the entrance test for UPES MET. The result for UPES MET has been released and a link to check the result is available in this article. The University has also released the Counselling schedule for UPES MBA programme. From 25 June, the counseling process will commence and will be held in two different pathways. The counseling will be held in three different cities, namely Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai. For more details on UPES MET 2016, read the article below.
Important Dates – UPES MET 2016
|Closing Date for Registration||5 March 2016|
|UPES MET Admit Card released on||9 March 2016|
|Due date of UPES-MET 2016||13 March 2016|
|Date of Result Declaration||Declared|
|Counselling in Kolkata||25 June 2016|
|Counselling in New Delhi||27 June 2016|
|Counselling in Mumbai||29 June 2016|
The candidates must have at least 50% marks in Class 10th, 12th and in Graduation.
The candidates appearing in final year qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided they submit the proof of their eligibility latest by 30 October 2016.
The candidates placed in compartment are not eligible for admission to any program of study in the University in graduation.
- Upto 50% seats shall be filled through National Level Tests category. In case candidates for such seats are not available; UPES has the right to fill these seats through UPES MET 2016.
- 15% of the seats in all programs will be reserved for residents of Uttarakhand subject to production of “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate) issued by the competent authority of Uttarakhand State. The candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original certificate at the time of admission.
Application Procedure – UPES MET 2016
The interested candidates were abl;e apply via any of the following modes –
- Click on the appropriate link given above and choose your status – Indian Resident or Foreign Resident.
- Thereafter sign up to buy the Admission Prospectus. Fill all the details in the Sign Up Form carefully and submit.
- On submission, the candidates will receive an email on the registered email id filled in the Sign Up Form.
- Then candidates will have to click on the link provided in the email to verify their email id and activate their account on the UPES website.
- After verifying the email id, proceed to fill up the Application Form online and follow the instructions given therein.
- Submit the UPES MET 2016 Application Form and pay an amount of Rs. 1850/- via Credit Card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
- After completing the submission process successfully, you must take a print-out of the completed application form for your reference.
Demand Draft (DD) –
For purchasing the UPES Prospectus and Application Form, the candidates can draw a DD of Rs. 1850/- in favour of “UPES Fee Account” payable at New Delhi.
The candidates must send the DD to the following address:
Enrollment Office, 210, 2nd Floor
Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III
New Delhi 110020.
The candidates can also purchase the Prospectus and Application Form for UPES MET 2016 from the admission counters at Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai. To purchase, the candidates are required to make a cash payment of Rs. 1750/-
UPES MET 2016 Exam Centres
The list of exam centre for UPES MET 2016 is as follow –
Admit card is a vital document required for seeking entry into the test center. UPES MET Admit Card 2016 was released on 9 March 2016. It was available online for downloading at the official website of UPES. The candidates who were considered provisionally eligible as per the information filled in the application form were only issued the admit card. The candidates were required to affix their photograph (duly attested) in the space provided on the admit card and furnish the same admit card at the allotted test center on the exam date. The candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph were not permitted to take the test.
UPES MET 2016 Exam Pattern
It’s was an online test which comprised of a total of 140 multiple choice questions. The duration of the test was 2.5 hours.
|Name of Sections||No. of Questions|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total No. of Questions||140|
The UPES MET Result 2016 has been declared and is available online at the official website of UPES. However, for the ease of the candidates, a direct link to access the result has been provided here in this article with its release. No candidate will be sent result and scorecard via post or courier. The UPES MET result will determine a candidate’s status for participation in Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The collective score from GD, PI, and written test will be considered to prepare the final merit list for allotment. Based on this list, the candidates will be granted admission into MBA postgraduate program offered by this University.
UPES Selection Procedure
The candidates will be shortlisted for allotting admission into UPES for the session 2016-18 on the basis of their MAT 2015 (September/December), MAT 2016 (February/May), CMAT 2015, XAT 2016, CAT 2015, NMAT 2015, GMAT or UPES MET 2016 scores. Thereafter, the shortlisted candidates will further be required to participate in GD round and lastly the personal interaction round with the UPES admission faculty. The performance of the candidates will be judged at every stage of selection and based on it, they will be given admission.
UPES MET Counselling 2016
The counseling for UPES MET 2016 will be held in three cities, which are Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai. UPES will conduct the counseling via two pathways – Non Examination & Examination pathway. For the counselling process, the candidates are required to bring in their Score Card of Class 10, 12 and Graduation for document verification process. UPES also accepts CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT scores.
Non Examination Pathway – The candidates who have appeared for the following national level examinations – CAT/ XAT /MAT/CMAT/NMAT and have the required percentile can directly attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The required percentiles for CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT are as follows:
- MAT / CMAT score of minimum 75 percentile
- CAT/ XAT score of minimum 70 percentile
- NMAT score of minimum 160
Examination Pathway – The candidates who have failed to meet the required percentile in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ NMAT can apply via this pathway. The candidates are required to have a minimum score of 50% in Class 10, 12 and in Graduation. Candidates applying via Examination pathway are required to take the entrance test for UPES management programmes.
About UPES Programmes
UPES invites applicants for admission into the various programmes such as – Oil & Gas Management; Energy Trading; Power Management; Aviation Management; Port & Shipping Management; Urban Infrastructure & Development; Logistics & Supply Chain Management; International Business; Business Analytics and MBA (Human Resources/Marketing/Financial & Accounting/Operations Management).