XAT Application Form 2018 – The registration cum application form of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018 will be available only in online mode. The XAT application form 2018 is expected to be available from the third week of August. With the availability of XAT 2018 application form, this page will provide a link to download the same. The MBA aspirants aiming for XLRI and other affiliated B-schools must make sure to fill and submit the application form of XAT on or before the end date. However, students are advised to check the eligibility norms of the test before they start filling the XAT registration form. If candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility criteria, then they will be disqualified on or during the admission rounds. While entering the registration and application details, candidates are advised to make sure the provided information are error free. Any discrepancy in the XAT application details will lead to cancellation of the candidature. After analyzing the previous year admission trends, it is expected that around 90,000 candidates will apply. The entrance test will be held on January 07, 2018 for admission to more than 150 B-Schools. Know more details about the XAT Application Form 2018, steps to apply, application fee, required documents & details etc. from this page.
XAT Application Form 2018 – Important Dates
The application form must be submitted within the specified time period. The table given below provides a schedule of filling and submitting the application form of XAT. It is based on last year’s schedule. The table will be updated after the release of the official XAT bulletin –
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||XAT application starts||Mid-August 2017|
|2||XAT application ends||Last week of November 2017|
|3||Last date to apply with late fee||the Second week of December 2017|
|4||XAT admit card||Third week of December 2017|
|5||XAT exam||January 2018|
XAT Application Form 2018 – Prerequisites
- A valid email id.
- A scanned image of recent passport size coloured photograph. The image resolution should be 480 x 480 and 1024×1024 pixels. Also, the candidates are advised to keep 4-5 copies of this same photograph saved with them as they may be required later during the admission process.
- A scanned image of the signature in 200 dpi scanner resolution settings. The image resolution should be 320×320 and 600×600 pixels. The signature must be done on a white paper with a black ink pen and should not be in capital letters.
- The file size for both, the photograph & signature should not exceed 1 MB and the file type should be in jpeg format.
- Arrange for application fee payment according to one’s convenience.
XAT Application Fee 2018
Details regarding the XAT 2018 fee will be provided in the notification of the test. Last year, the application fee amount for candidates who were not applying for XLRI, Jamshedpur was Rs. 1600/-. The applicants applying for the XLRI programme were required to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each. Just like previous years, it is expected that there will be three possible payment methods, which are –
- Mode 1: Online – Here candidates can pay the fee in online mode through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards and IDBI Net banking. It must be noted that American Express Card is inadmissible and candidates opting for the net banking must be an account holder in any IDBI branch.
- Mode 2: Cash Payment – While filling the application form, candidates are required to take a print out of XAT Pay-In-Slip. Now, visit any branch of IDBI bank and pay the fee through cash.
- Mode 3: Demand Draft – The students who are paying the application fee via Demand Draft are required to draw a DD in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur.
The candidates who are paying the XAT application fee through Mode 2 and 3 are required to update the payment details after paying the fee. Also, the applicants who have paid the fee through a DD must send the same along with the confirmation page to the following address –
Circuit House Area (East},
Jamshedpur – 831001
Note: The DD and the confirmation page must be sent within 15 days from the date of issuance of DD.
XAT Application Form 2018 – Steps to apply
The application form of XAT 2018 will be available online and the candidate can start filling the same after going through the XAT eligibility criteria 2018. One must make sure that they fill all the required details correctly before submitting the form. Know the steps to fill in the XAT application form from the table provided below.
|Step 1: Registration||First, candidates are required to register for the test by entering the required details. On successful registration, a unique XAT ID will be generated. Now candidates are required to click on the registration link to create a password. The applicants are advised to keep the ID and password safe until the conclusion of the admission rounds. With these credentials, candidates are required to log in and start the application process.|
|Step 2: Enter Details & Upload Photos and Signatures||On accessing the application form, candidates must enter all the required details and upload the scanned images of photograph & signature.|
|Step 3: Select the XLRI Programme||To apply for XLRI, applicants are required to select any programme offered by the Institute. A total of three programmes is offered by XLRI, which are Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM) and General Management Programme (GMP).|
|Step 4: Preliminary Information||Now, candidates are required to enter the following information – Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category, Phone Number, Mailing Address, Permanent Address, Educational Qualifications and Work Experience.|
|Step 5: Make Payment||To conclude the application process, candidates are required to pay the application fee through the available payment gateways. After successful payment, applicants are advised to print the XAT confirmation page.|
Note: The candidates who have submitted that application form within the end date will be issued the XAT admit card.
XAT Application Form 2018 – Things to Keep in Mind
- There are restrictions on the size of the file of photograph and signature that the candidates need to upload while applying. The file should not be more than 1 MB. Also, the files should be in JPEG format.
- The applicants should upload a recent colored photograph. The photograph can be cropped to reduce the size. For the purpose of the application form, the candidates are advised to choose and upload a photograph which has been taken against a light/ white background.
- It must be ensured that the face is clearly visible in the uploaded photograph. In case, the photograph is not clear, the application will get rejected.
- To upload the signature, the candidates should first sign on a white paper and scan it. The scanned image can be cropped using MS Paint or any other Photo Editor.
- The candidates are advised to provide their personal email ID and not the official email ID while applying for XAT 2018 exam.
XAT Application Form 2018 – How to Apply for other Institutes?
XAT 2018 scores are accepted by around 150 colleges across India. The candidates who wish to apply to these colleges must follow the below-mentioned process –
- The first step is to register for XAT. For this, the candidates need to follow the process explained above.
- Once the candidates have successfully applied for XAT 2018, they must visit the website of the respective institute that they wish to apply for. They can find the application details on the respective websites of the Institute.at-eligibility-criteria/
XAT Eligibility 2018
Before applying for the XAT exam, the candidates must ensure that they are eligible for the exam. The candidature of the applicants who are not eligible for the exam will be cancelled. The basic eligibility criteria for XAT 2018 are as follows –
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration.
- The candidates in the final year of graduation can apply. However, they must submit the proof of graduation within the specified timeline.
- NRI candidates can apply through GMAT score.
XAT 2018 is one of the most popular entrance exams for MBA aspirants in India. It enjoys a lot of credibility among B-schools across India. Around one lakh candidates apply for XAT every year. On the basis of XAT scores, the candidates are shortlisted for further rounds. The candidates who wish to appear in XAT, must ensure that they carefully fill and submit the XAT application form 2018 online. The candidates are advised to visit this article regularly to stay updated on the latest information related to application form of XAT 2018.