XAT 2017 – XLRI conducted the Xavier Aptitude Test 2017 (XAT) on January 8, 2017 across 47 Indian cities & 2 International cities. Now, on January 25, 2017, the final XAT 2017 result and the official cutoff for XLRI HR, BM and GMP courses has been announced. The candidates can click on the appropriate links given below to check result and cutoff. The candidates clearing the sectional and overall XAT 2017 cutoff will get a call to attend the further rounds of selection. The score card furnishes the total & sectional score and the percentile of the candidates. On the basis of XAT result, the candidates can take admission to XLRI, 11 XAMI member Institutes and 145 B-Schools into various management courses. On January 21, 2017, the Institute issued the OMR answer sheet furnishing the positive & negative sectional score obtained by the candidates. According to the reports, approx 92000 candidates took the test this year. Read this article for details on result, score, percentile, cutoff, selection norms, participating Institutes & more on XAT 2017.
Use XAT 2017 Pathfinder to know which college you can get based on your XAT 2017 percentile
Latest – XLRI has announced the XAT 2017 result and the official cutoff on Jan 25, 2017. Click on the links below to check same.
The aspirants can check the schedule of XAT 2017 below. Click on the caption-head to get all other important dates related to admission process.
|XAT 2017 was held on||8 January 2017 (10.00 to 1.30 PM)|
|Official Answer Key & Question Paper issued on||16 January 2017|
|OMR Answer Sheet issued on||21 January 2017|
|XAT Result 2017 declared||25 January 2017|
|Official XAT 2017 Cutoff announced on||25 January 2017|
|Download Score card of XAT 2017||From 1 to 25 February 2017|
XLRI has declared the result of XAT 2017 on January 25, 2017. The result is available online and a link to check the same has been provided here in this article. The candidates can check the XAT 2017 result by entering their registration number, Date of Birth and Security text.
- XLRI announced the positive and negative score obtained by the candidates on January 21, 2017. The final score and percentile has now announced on January 25, 2017.
- The score of XAT 2017 will remain valid for an year only.
- On the basis of result of this national level MBA entrance exam, the candidates will be able to take admission to more than 150 B-Schools of country.
- The percentage and percentile of General knowledge section will be calculated independently and will not be included in the calculation of “Total” percentage and percentile. Last year, the highest XAT score was 51.75.
Click on the caption-head to obtain complete details on XAT result.
The XAT 2017 result has been declared in the form of a score card. Though, the result has been made available online for the candidates to check, the XAT 2017 score card will be sent individually to the candidates on their registered postal address.
- The candidates will be able to access their score card from February 1 to 25, 2017.
- The sectional as well as total percentage and percentile obtained by the candidates in all the sections is mentioned on the score card.
- The candidates are required to login to their respective student login using XAT registration number, Date of Birth and security text for viewing and checking the score card.
The official cutoff of XAT 2017 has been announced by XLRI along with the result on January 25, 2017. The cutoff is basically the least percentile decided by the Institute and based on it, the eligible candidates will now be shortlisted for GD/PI.
- Apart from XLRI, all other XAT participating Institutes will announce the cutoff and the same can be checked by visiting their official websites.
- The score of general knowledge & essay writing section will not be considered while calculating the cutoff for initial shortlisting of the candidates. They will only be considered during the final round of selection.
- The overall cutoff of HR has dropped this year while the overall cutoff for BM remained unchanged.
The candidates can check the official XLRI XAT 2017 cutoff from the table below.
|Official XLRI XAT 2017 Cutoff|
|VA||79.46||76.69||5 and above|
|DM||76.84||71.628||5 and above|
|QA||88.7||70.07||6 and above|
|Total XLRI XAT 2017 Cutoff||96||92.55||22 and above|
XAT OMR Answer Sheet 2017
On January 21, 2017, XLRI released the OMR answer sheet of XAT. In these, the sectional positive and negative score of the candidates has been furnished. Before the actual announcement of result, the candidates can calculate their score using these answer sheet and official answer key. Also, they can then predict their official percentile.
XLRI issued the official answer key of XAT 2017 and the question paper along with its explanation on January 16, 2017. The candidates can download both, the official and unofficial XAT 2017 answer key by accessing the link given here.
- The candidates can use these answer keys for calculation of score & analysing their performance.
- They will have to compare the answers given in the keys with their attempted answers. By estimating the score, they will also be able to draw a fair idea about their chances of getting admission into XLRI or other B-Schools in India accepting XAT percentile.
- The unofficial answer keys were prepared by experts and were released by various private coaching academies like TIME, IMS, Endeavor, EDMYT etc.
Click on the caption-head to download the answer key of XAT for all sets.
The last year’s sectional cutoff for BM & HRM courses has been given below.
Click on the caption-head for checking the previous year cutoff of XLRI & other top B-schools accepting XAT score.
The score of Xavier Aptitude Test 2017 will be accepted by over 150 B-Schools apart from XLRI and XAMI associate member Institutes. Some of the participating colleges are as follow –
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Forest Management
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
- MISB BOCCONI
Click the caption-head to obtain the complete list of participating Institutes.
- As per the reports, their were four sets of question paper (A, B, C, and D)
- The duration of the examination was 120 minutes
- Part I of the examination was for 170 minutes, whereas, the duration of Part II was 35 minutes.
- The most difficult section was DM and easiest was QA.
- Overall level of the examination was moderate to difficult.
Click on the caption-head to know the exam analysis in detail.
It is important for the XAT 2017 aspirants to have clarity of the test pattern. This will give the candidates an idea of the number of questions asked and from which section, kind of questions, duration and more.
- It was a pen-paper based test.
- The question papers was divided into 2 sections, where objective type questions were asked in the first section and one essay writing & questions on General Knowledge was asked in the second section.
This year, the test pattern of XAT was revealed by XLRI. The candidates can check the table to have an idea of the exam pattern.
|XAT Exam Pattern 2017|
|Number of sections||Name of sections||Number of questions||Marks for each section||Duration||Difficulty Level|
|Section 1||Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24||170 minutes||Moderate to difficult|
|Section 2||Decision Making||21||21||Difficult|
|Section 3||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||27||Easy|
|Total||72 questions||72 marks||170 minutes|
|General Knowledge||25||25||35 minutes||Moderate|
|Essay writing||1 essay||Moderate|
|Total duration of the exam||210 minutes|
The candidates can click on the caption-head to know about the 3 sections in detail and more about the XAT exam pattern.
XAT Marking Scheme 2017
- Each question carried equal marks.
- 12 questions could be left unattempted by the candidates. Beyond that, a penalty of 0.05 marks on each unattempted question will be applied.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for giving a wrong answer.
- There was no negative marking for the General Knowledge and Essay writing section.
- If a candidate has marked more than one answer for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer.
XLRI lists down certain eligibility norms which should be compulsorily met by all the XAT aspirants. The candidates not meeting the same may get to appear for the test initially but may be disqualified at later stages of admission. Therefore, all the XAT 2017 aspirants are advised to ensure fulfillment of the XAT eligibility criteria before applying for the test. The eligibility norms of Xavier Aptitude Test are as follow
- There is no age limitation.
- The aspirant should be a graduate or should possess equivalent education in any discipline. No strict percentage has been defined which the candidate is required to have scored in graduation.
- The Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years and obtained from a state or central recognized institute or University.
- The students still in the final year of their graduation can also write XAT. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing their final exams to XLRI by June 10, 2017.
To know the eligibility criteria individually for the XLRI programmes, click on the caption-head.
The online XAT 2017 registration commenced from August 17 and concluded on November 30, 2016. However, the date to submit the XAT 2017 Application Form along with the late fee was December 11, 2016.
Before registering for Xavier Aptitude test 2017, all the candidates were required to take care of the following –
- The candidates were required to check the eligibility criteria and proceed with form filling only after ensuring that they meet the same.
- Only one XAT Application Form 2017 should have been filled and submitted for writing the test and for taking admission to programmes offered by XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes.
- The candidates who made the payment through cash or DD were required to update the payment details in the application form; else they were not able to upload the photograph & signature in the form.
XAT 2017 Application Procedure
To know the registration process in detail, click on this caption-head.
XAT Application Fee 2017
All the applicants were required to pay a non-refundable application fee to submit the application form. The amount of registration fee was increased this year by Rs. 1000. This fee was non-refundable and could be paid online using credit/debit card & internet banking. Also, the candidates were able to pay the application fee in cash or through DD.
Check the amount of application fee from the table below.
|Amount of application fee||Rs. 1600||Rs. 300 per XLRI course|
|Amount of application fee if paid late (after November 30, 2016)||Rs. 2000||Rs. 500 per XLRI course|
This National level test was held across 47 Indian cities and 2 International cities. While registering for XAT 2017, the candidates were required to fill in the test city in the form from where they would like to appear for the test. Multiple exam centres were set up by XLRI in each test city and the details of the allotted test centre was provided in the admit card. To give an idea to the candidates, few of the XAT test cities have been listed here below. However, to obtain the complete list of the test cities, click on the caption-head.
The candidates who got themselves registered before the due date were only be issued the admit card. XLRI issued the XAT 2017 Admit Card on December 20, 2016. It was available only in online mode and a link to download the same was provided in this article with its release. The print out of the downloaded XAT hall ticket must be carried to the test centre for getting entry and permission to take the test.
- The admit card was not be sent individually to any of the candidates through post or email.
- No candidate was permitted to write the test if they will fail to furnish a valid XAT admit card 2017.
- The candidates were advised to carry a valid photo ID along with the admit card for the purpose of verification.
After having an understanding of the exam pattern, the second important thing is to know the syllabus of the test. XLRI does not release the XAT syllabus officially but knowing the same is important for the aspirants. An idea of the syllabus will provide the candidates with a list of the topics they are required to prepare from all the 3 sections.
Based on the past year’s trend, we have compiled the list of topics which must be studied for XAT 2017. The candidates can click on the caption-head to know the detailed syllabus. After covering the syllabus, the candidates are advised to practice XAT previous year question papers and sample papers to achieve best level of preparation.
Keep visiting this page for all the updated information on XAT 2017. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google plus for recent and updated details about all MBA/BBA exams.