IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017: The notification for recruitment of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer(ACIO) in Intelligence Bureau (IB) will be rolled out soon by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). All the candidates who will be appearing for the examination should have some tips and tricks at hand for the preparation. The IB ACIO 2017 is one of the most coveted examination conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs. All the candidates who qualify every stage of the selection procedure will be placed at the post of ACIO Grade II executive in Intelligence Bureau. Candidates should have IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017 to devise a breakthrough strategy for the exam. The tricks and tips of IB ACIO preparation will help them the candidates get familiarised with all the topics and streamline their preparation considering the time available for the exam. The selection criteria of IB ACIO consists of a written exam followed by an interview.
We have provided some beneficial preparation tips for IB ACIO in this article to help the candidates. Candidates can read the complete article for a quick review of the exam pattern and get paper wise IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017.
IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017 – Overview of the Exam Pattern
The candidates who will participate in the IB ACIO recruitment process will have to undergo a written exam followed by a personal interview. The written examination will consist of two papers i.e. paper I will be of objective nature on 4 topics and paper II will be a descriptive paper on English Language. Candidates can check the tabular representation of IB ACIO Exam Pattern 2017.
|S.No.||Name of Paper||Topics||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|1||Paper I||General Awareness, Reasoning, Comprehension, Mathematical Ability||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|2||Paper II||English Writing Skills & Analytical Ability||40 Minutes||50 Marks|
|Total||1 hour 40 Minutes||150 marks|
Subject and Paper wise IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017
Paper 1 – Objective
- English Comprehension – This is one of the easiest topics asked in the exam, There will be questions like antonyms, synonyms, one word substitution, idioms, phrases, passages and jumbled sentences. Candidates should focus on solving similar questions from IB ACIO Sample Papers and read more of newspaper. Practice daily to read passages of different kinds and solve them in the minimum time possible.
- General Knowledge – This is one of most scoring sections of the exam and hence candidates need to pay more attention. Read the newspaper daily and study important topics related to Indian History, Indian Polity, Current Events, Geography, and Economy.
- Quantitative Aptitude – This section contain questions from simplification, average, percentage, time & work, area and profit loss etc. Candidates should practice hard and practice daily. Candidates can begin by solving a few questions everyday from different topics. After thorough preparation candidates can solve the practice papers.
- Reasoning– Candidates need to practice hard in this section as it is the most productive of all sessions in the examination. Questions will be asked from analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualisation and orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and Figure reasoning.
IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017 – General Tips and Tricks
The candidates should follow the following general points as per the IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017
Know the Syllabus: Candidates should be thoroughly acquainted with the IB ACIO Syllabus for the written exam. Syllabus is the best defence candidates can use for their benefit in the exam as it will allow them to know all the topics. Candidates will also be able to judge which topics to study with great attention and which to exclude with the help syllabus of IB ACIO 2017 exam.
Save Time, Attempt More: The art of time management is very important for candidates, as they will be given limited time to complete the exam. Candidates should learn short tricks to solve questions and also not waste their time pondering over one question in the exam. Candidates should aim to attempt as many questions as possible in the exam but also keep in mind to answer only those questions which they are sure of as there is provision of negative marking.
Solve Sample Papers: Candidates should aim to solve IB ACIO Sample Papers after they have completed their preparation for the exam. The sample papers will help the candidates grow in confidence as well as keep them well prepared for the examination in an exam like environment.
Define Topics: Candidates should identify the topics having greater importance compared to other topics of IB ACIO 2017. They should identify these topics and target to prepare them before other topics. If the candidates define all the topics of IB ACIO 2017 as per the priority, he/she will be able to make most out of the time he/she will invest in preparation.
Have a definite approach to Studying: Candidates will adopt different methods for studying and preparation for the exam. Some candidates are comfortable with only reading while other need written practice of contents and then solving some practice questions. Candidates should identify their method of studying and prepare accordingly as per the IB ACIO Preparation Tips 2017.
Make Notes: All the candidates should make short notes while they are preparing for the exam. These small self prepared notes will benefit the candidates when they begin with their revision as they will not have to go through the whole topic and not waste their precious time.ll
Daily Revision: Candidates should a fixed amount of time aside every day for regular revision. Daily revision will allow the candidates to remember all the topics studied previously along with beginning new topics in the syllabus.
Latest posts by Isha Batra (see all)
- DMRC Recruitment Executive and Non Executive Recruitment 2016 - March 24, 2017
- RPSC RAS Sample papers 2016 - March 24, 2017
- RPSC School Lecturer Preparation Tips 2017 - March 24, 2017