IBPS RRB 2016:Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has declared the final result, provisional allotment and cutoff of IBPS RRB on March 10, 2017. Approximately, 8824 candidates for the post of Office Assistant and 7736 candidates for the post of Officers Scale I, II, III has been selected for 56 Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) through the recruitment process. Candidates can check the result of IBPS IBPS RRB 2016 through the link given below on this page. The IBPS RRB 2016 result display window will remain active till April 10, 2017. Letter of appointment will be given to the candidates by RRBs. IBPS will publish the final list of candidates allotted in different RRBs on April 10, 2017. IBPS has maintained a reserve list to the extent of approximately 10 % of the vacancies under each category. The detail of IBPS RRB 2016 Result, cut off and provisional allotment list etc. is given below on this page.
Latest: IBPS RRB 2016 Main Exam Result Declared – Check here
Highlights of IBPS RRB 2016
- Exam Name: Common Recruitment Process for RRBs (RRBs- CWE-V) for recruitment of Group “A”- Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Group “B”-Office Assistants (Multipurpose)
- Conducted by: Institute of Banking Personnel Section (IBPS)
- Exam Mode: Online
- No of Vacancies– 16, 560
- Posts offered – Group “A”- Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Group “B”- Office Assistants (Multipurpose)
Salient Features of the IBPS RRB 2016:
Candidates who aspire to join any of the Regional Rural Banks as Group A Officers (Scale I, II & III) and Group “B”-Office Assistants (Multipurpose) will have to register themselves for the Common Recruitment Process (CWE for RRBs-V).
For the Posts of Officers Scale I and Office Assistants (Multi-purpose)
- The examination will be conducted in two tiers i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases – Preliminary and Mains Exam.
- Candidates who apply for the post of Office Assistants (Multi-purpose) will be provisionally allotted on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the Main examination and the vacancies reported by the RRBs.
- For the post of Officers Scale I, candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination will have to appear for Main examination. Subsequently, candidates shortlisted through Mains Examination will be called for Interview.
Scale II (Generalist and Specialists) and Officers Scale III
- Candidates who apply for Officers Scale II (Generalist and Specialists) and Officers Scale III will appear for a single online examination.
- Candidates qualifying the Single Online Examination will be called for the Common Interview.
Vacancy Details under IBPS RRB
Total No of vacancies – 16, 560
Post and Vacancies announced in IBPS RRB 2016
|Posts||No of Vacancies|
|Office Assistants (Multi-purpose)||8824|
|Officers Scale I||5539|
|Officers Scale II (Agricultural officer)||152|
|Officers Scale II (Marketing)||75|
|Officers Scale II (Treasury Manager)||14|
|Officers Scale II (Law)||41|
|Officers Scale –II (Chartered Accountant)||35|
|Officers Scale II (Information Technology officer)||130|
|Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer)||1533|
|Officer Scale III||119|
- IBPS will issue separate Admit Card for each stage of examination and for different posts.
- The direct link to download the Admit Card has been provided here on this page.
- To download the Admit Card of IBPS RRB 2016, the candidates will have to enter their Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth
- The Centre, venue address, date and time for examinations and interview will be mentioned in the Admit Card of IBPS RRB.
- No hard copy of the IBPS RRB Admit Card will be sent by post/ courier.
- Candidates after downloading the Admit Card will have to take a printout of the same.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card of IBPS RRB to the examination centre on the day of Examination.
- Candidates failing to produce the Admit Card will be debarred from the exam.
The result of IBPS RRB 2016 has been declared for the post of Officers Scale I, II, III and Office Assistant. The IBPS RRB result 2016 has been released in online mode only. Candidates can check their result through Roll Number/Registration No and Date of Birth/Password. The scores for the post of Office Assistant has been calculated after deducting the marks for wrong answer. Final scores in each test has been rounded off to two digits after the decimal points.
The cutoff of IBPS RRB 2016 has been declared on March 10, 2017. Based on the category-wise and state-wise cutoff score candidates have been provisionally allotted to the different RRBs. The cutoff for the post of Office Assistant has been applied on scores in individual marks.
The IBPS RRB Selection Procedure will vary post-wise. The Selection Procedure for different posts is shown below:
Office Assistant (Multipurpose )
Candidates applying for Office Assistant ((Multipurpose) posts will have to appear for the Prelims Exam. Candidates qualifying the Prelims Examination will be called to appear for Mains Examination. Final allotment will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Mains Examination.
Officer Scale I Post
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of Prelims, Mains and Interview
Officers Scale II and III
Shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of Single Level Examination and Interview.
IBPS RRB Interview 2016
Candidates shortlisted through the Mains Examination for the post of Officer Scale I and through the single level examination for the post of Officers Scale II and III will be called for the Interview. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks / scores in interview should not be less than 40% for Gen candidates and 35% for SC / ST/OBC/PWD candidates. The relative ratio of CWE and interview will be 80:20 respectively for the Officers cadre.
A candidate must be either
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Calculation of Percentage
The Percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%
|Sr. No.||Events||Important Dates|
|1||Duration of On -line registration and Modification of Application by candidates||14.09.2016 to 30.09.2016|
|2||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||14.09.2016 to 30.09.2016|
|3||Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training for Officer Scale-I||After 10.10.2016|
|4||Conduct of Pre-Exam Training for Officer Scale -I||17.10.2016 to 22.10.2016|
|5||Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training for Office Assistant||After 17.10.2016|
|6||Conduct of Pre-Exam Training for Office Assistant||24.10.2016 to 29.10.2016|
|7||Download of call letters for online examination Preliminary Examination||Officer Scale-I- October 2016
Office Assistant-November 2016
|8||Online Examination Preliminary Examination||Officer Scale-I- 05 & 06.11.2016
Office Assistant- 12, 13 & 19.11.2016(if required)
|9||Declaration of Prelims Result||Officer Scale-I –November 15 to 22, 2016
Office Assistant-December 2016
|10||Download of call letters for Mains Exam||Officer Scale-I–November 26, 2016
Office Assistant-December 5, 2016
|11||Online Main Examination||Officers (I, II & III)–11.12.2016
|12||Declaration of Final Result–Main /Interview||March 10, 2017|
- The Application Process for IBPS RRB 2016 has started.
- Candidates will have to apply online
- The last date for submission of IBPS RRB Application Form and Application Fees is September 30, 2016
- Candidates will have to pay their Application fees Online
- The Application Fees for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer (Scale I, II & III) is Rs 100/- (SC/ST/PWD/EXSM) and Rs 600 /- (For all others)
- No Correction in the IBPS RRB 2016 Application Form will be entertained after September 30, 2016
IBPS has released the list of Exam Cities for IBPS RRB 2016. Candidates while filling up their Application Form will have to enter their Exam Centre Preference. IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
The IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016 of Preliminary, Mains and Interview has been provided here on this page. The IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016 will help the candidates to prepare in a better way. Candidates appearing for IBPS RRB exam should be thorough with the Syllabus.
Exam Pattern of IBPS RRB 2016 for the Posts of Office Assistant (Multiple Purpose) and Officer Scale I
- The exam will comprise of two stages – Prelims and Mains
- The exam will be held online.
- Both the exams will be objective type.
- The Preliminary Examination will comprise of Two papers – Reasoning and Numerical Ability
- The Preliminary Examination for both the posts will comprise of 80 questions carrying 80 marks.
- The total time duration for the Preliminary Examination is 45 minutes for both the posts.
- The Mains Examination for both the posts will comprise of 5 sections – Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, English Language and Computer Knowledge.
- The total mark of the Mains Examination for both the posts is 200 marks.
Exam Pattern for the Posts of Officers Scale II and III
- There will be single examination for Officers Scale II and III.
- The Single examination will be objective type
- The test will carry 200 marks.
Penalty for wrong answers
There will be penalty for wrong answers. For each wrong answer, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Candidates appearing for IBPS RRB 2016 should practice the Sample Papers regularly. The IBPS RRB Sample Papers provided here are Online and Offline. Candidates after completing their Syllabus should solve at least one Sample Papers daily.
List of the Participating RRBs:
IBPS conducts the IBPS RRB exam in two parts: Common Written Exam (CWE) and Interview. Shortlisted candidates in IBPS RRB CWE called for the Interview will be conducted by participating organizations and coordinated by the nodal bank. Here the candidates can check the list of participating RRBs in IBPS RRB 2016 exam.