LIC AAO Preparation Tips 2017: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) will conduct the online examination for recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officer (Generalist/Chartered Accountant) tentatively in the month of April or May 2017. So, to clear the exam, preparation strategy plays a crucial role. To get success in the exam, candidates need to do smart work. Aspirants must have a plan before the exam and they should implement those strategies during the exam inorder to excel in the exam. With adequate preparation and right strategy, candidates can easily qualify the online exam. To help candidates, formulate good strategies, here we are providing LIC AAO preparation tips 2017.
LIC AAO 2017 – Section wise Preparation Tips
The LIC AAO 2017 section wise preparation tips will not only help the candidates to meet their score requirements but also improve their analytical, verbal as well as mathematical abilities. The LIC AAO 2017 will test measures an aspirants reasoning ability, quantitative, knowledge on current affairs, proficiency in grammar, vocabulary and comprehension.
The reasoning ability section is the most scoring section in this section. This section basically measures the candidates ability to analyse and draw conclusions. There will be total 30 questions and marks alloted for this section is 90. The Reasoning Ability sections consists of questions such as syllogism, coding decoding, inequality, seating arrangement, puzzles, blood relations, ranking, direction test, alphanumeric series etc. Here we have provided some strategies for this section.
- Candidates should practice at least 4-5 puzzles on a daily basis. Practising puzzles helps the mind to develop and enhance the problem solving skills of the candidates.
- Practice questions with the previous year question papers. This will help the candidates to understand the nature of questions.
- Aspirants need to clear their concept first or else it will be difficult for them to problem the questions.
- Dedicate 1 hour daily for Reasoning preparation.
- Give mock tests and identify the topics that you are weak and practice those topics.
The Quantitative Aptitude section in LIC AAO will carry total 30 questions. The total marks of this section is 90 marks. The quantitative aptitude section contains questions on arithmetic, simplification and data interpretation.
- Candidates need to learn shortcuts and time saving tricks to solve maximum questions in this section.
- Candidates should concentrate on squares, square roots, cubes, cube roots, percentage, ratio and proportion for solving questions on data interpretation.
- Memorizing formula will help the candidates in solving questions based on simplification.
- Regular practice can help the candidates to go long way in fine-tuning their preparation.
- Candidates must have a good hold over their calculation and this will help in decreasing the time spent on each question.
- To score good in this section, aspirants should revise the concepts of all the chapters of mathematics from NCERT books of class 6 to 10. This will prove beneficial for those who have a weak base in mathematics.
- Practice at least 1 to 2 quantitative aptitude sample papers daily.
General Knowledge, Current Affairs Test
Candidates for scoring good in the General Knowledge, Current Affairs section, they need to have all round knowledge regarding the events taking place around the world. In bank exams, most of the question in general awareness section is based upon the current affairs. This section will consists of total 30 questions and total marks allotted to this section is 60.
- Candidates should read news papers, magazines, follow news channels regularly to keep them selves updated regarding the recent happenings.
- Focus on events of past 6 months
- Understand the syllabus
- Make notes whenever you come across with any events
Computer Knowledge Test
Proficiency in computers is very essential in bank jobs as all the works are done on computers. The Computer Knowledge section of LIC AAO tests the basic knowledge of computers. Questions in this section are asked basically from Basic knowledge of Computer and its history, Overview of Operating Systems, Input- output Devices, Software hardware devices, MS Office and its various features like Word, Excel, Power point etc, latest technologies in Computer related to banking and insurance industry, Networks like LAN, MAN and WAN, Security Terminologies like Anti-virus, firewall, hackers etc, computer terminologies like full forms etc.
How to prepare for Computer Knowledge Test?
Take up a single topic everyday and study it for about 3-4 hours.
- In this way you can complete this section within 10 days.
- While studying that topic make notes for revision.
- Revise those notes again and again.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible.
English Language test in LIC AAO is of qualifying nature and the marks in this section will not be counted for ranking. The questions on English Language section will basically focus on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension. The English language section will have questions based on a cloze test, reading-comprehension, sentence rearrangement, sentence improvement and sentence error spotting. The focus should be on improving your reading speed, level of comprehension, vocabulary and usage skills.
LIC AAO Preparation Tips 2017 – Quick preparation tips
Some quick preparation tips are given below:
- Brush up your basics and practice numerical problems.
- Practice more questions from the topics that are important for the examination.
- Read newspapers and note down new words to strengthen vocabulary.
- To enhance reasoning ability preparation, candidates should solve word and number puzzles.
- Solve sample papers regularly.
- Give mock tests and analyses performance after the exam.