Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) on March 9, 2017 has commenced with the application process for recruitment of 22nd batch of Executive Trainees (ET) on the basis of GATE 2017 scores. The last date to fill the application form of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 is March 31, 2017. The link to read details and apply online has been provided below on this page. All the engineering graduates from disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science Engineering who have appeared in GATE 2017 exam can apply for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017. The application form has been made available in online mode only and any applications sent through any other mode will not be accepted. All applicants will have to pay an application fees of Rs.200/- while submitting the application form. Candidates will need their GATE 2017 registration number, application number, personal as well as academic details to apply for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017.
The selection criteria consists of two stages i.e. qualifying the GATE 2017 exam with required marks and clearing the Personal Interview. Those candidates who clear both the stages of selection procedure will be shortlisted for empanelment. Interested candidates can read the complete information of Power Grid Recruitment 2017 on this page.
Salient Features of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017
- Name of organisation: Power Grid Corporation of Indian Limited (PGCIL)
- Name of Post: Executive Trainees (ET)
- Engineering Disciplines: Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Computer Science
- Number of Vacancies: 152
Important Dates of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017
|1||Dates of PCGIL Recruitment through GATE Application Form availability||March 9, 2017|
|2||Start Date to pay application fees through SBI Challan (Offline Mode)||March 11, 2017|
|3||Last Date for online registration of PGCIL Recruitment 2017||March 31, 2017|
|4||Last Date for payment of application fees through Online Mode||March 31, 2017|
|5||Last date to pay application fees through SBI Challan (Offline Mode)||April 5, 2017|
|6||Interview and Group Discussion||May, 2017 (Tentative)|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 -Vacancy Details
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|ET (Computer Science)||13||4||1||1||19|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Valid Score in GATE 2017
All the applicants should have appeared and qualified the corresponding paper of GATE 2017 as given in the table below. The qualifying marks shall as be as fixed by GATE 2017 organizing body. The candidates who clear the cutoff prescribed by PGCIL will be shortlisted for Interview.
|S. No.||Post||Corresponding GATE 2017 Paper|
|4||ET (Computer Science)||CS|
Age Limit: The upper age limit for applicants interested to appluy for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 is 28 years as on December 31, 2016. Candidates will be offered age relaxation as per the government directives. Check the age relaxation offered as given below.
- OBC-NCL – 3 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- PwD – 10 years
- J&K Domicile/Ex-Servicemen/Victims of Riots – as per the Govt guidelines existing.
Essential Educational Qualification
|Course||Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)||Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication on / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication on Engg||Civil Engineering||Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA|
|Other recognized BE./B.Tech equivalent qualifications of professional societies (e.g. AMIE)||Electrical||Electronics & Communication||Civil||Computer Science||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *|
PS: Applicants who are in their final year/semester and their results are expected by August 14, 2017 are also eligible to apply. The requirement of marks percentage in Graduation remains the same i.e. 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate up till the 7th semester.
How to Apply for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 ?
The application form will be completed in two stages i.e. registration and payment of application fees. Candidates can read the complete step wise procedure on how to fill the application as explained below.
Step 1 – Registration and filling the application form of PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2017
- Candidates can click on the link provided on this page to begin filling their application form.
- Candidates will have to register themselves first, provide their personal details, GATE 2017 registration number and required academic qualifications.
- Candidates are advised to provide all the information same as the one entered in the GATE 2017 application form.
- Once the candidates have completed all the formalities and entered all the required details, they should submit their application form.
- As the application form of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 is submitted successfully, candidates will receive an unique registration number. Note this and keep it safe.
- Candidates should log in and download their application form in portrait mode.
- Candidates will be sent an automated confirmation email on the email ID provided by them.
- Candidates can use their email id as the login ID and Power Grid unique registration number as the password to download call letters, check shortlisted candidates and other details of the recruitment process.
Documents to eb uploaded in Step 1 of the application form:
- Scanned copy of latest passport size color photograph in.jpg file format (file size not exceeding 50 kb)
- Scanned image of the candidate’s signature in .jpg file format (file size not exceeding 30kb)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
- Age relaxation cum domicile certificate (If applicable)
- Last Semester/ year marks sheet for final year appearing candidates
Step 2 – Payment of fees for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 application form
All the applicants will have to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.200/- as the application fees while submitting their application form. The payment of application fees can be made through online and offline mode. Departmental candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. Read the details for payment modes of application fees as given below.
Offline Payment through SBI challan
- Once the candidates have completed their registration process, candidates will receive a mail on the email id registered by them with details of their log in ID, password and other information.
- The offline payment will begin from March 11, 2017 i.e. two days after the availability of the application form.
- Candidates will have to log in to their dashboard using the details mailed tp them and choose offline payment.
- Candidates will see an SBI Challan on their screens and they should download and print two copies of the same.
- Candidates will have to fill the challan and pay the fees of Rs.200/- at any branch of SBI bank.
- After successful payment, candidates will have to retain their copy of the bank challan.
- Candidates should keep in mind that payment status will be updated in a week’s time after the payment at the bank through an acknowledgement section in candidates login panel.
Online Payment-Through Payment Gateway
- Candidates who wish to pay their application fees through online mode can login after they recieve their email and password details on the registered email id.
- After logging in opt for online mode of payment
- Candidates will be redirected to the online payment gateway.
- Candidates can make the payment of Rs.200/- through Credit Card/Debit Card, Net banking or available e wallet.
- Payment confirmed will be immediately reflected in the dashboard screen of candidates with the transaction id and candidates should note down the same.
- If the requisite amount is deducted from the bank and transaction fails, candidates should wit for a minimum of 2 hours and check the update on payment status.
- If the payment status does not change and the amount is not refunded back, candidates will have to mail the issue to appropriate authorities providing their Power Grid Registration Number.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Selection Procedure
Those candidates who qualify the corresponding GATE 2017 paper will be shortlisted for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2017 will be fixed by the exam conducting authority.
Qualified candidates will be shortlisted for category wise group discussion and personal interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2017 exam. Candidates will be notified of their shortlisting status in Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 dashboard login.
Shortlisted candidates will be able to download their interview call letter and other requisite documents through the candidate login. Candidates who will be appearing for Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their call letter
The candidates who qualify the personal interview will be considered for empanelment. The qualifying percentage in interview for candidates of different categories is as mentioned below.
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|OBC (NCL)/ SC/ST||30.00%|
|PwD||30%For ET ( Electrical) for disability – OH(OL)/ HH andFor ET (Computer Sc.) for disability- OH(OA/OL/BL)/ HH/ VH only|
Docments to carry for personal interview and GD
The following documents are mandatory and will be required for verification for the Power Grid interview. Candidates must carry the originals as well as a set of copies. Candidates are also advised to carry some photographs similar to the ones used in the GATE 2017 Application Form.
- GATE 2017 Score Card
- GATE 2017 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree /Provisional
- Marks Sheets of all semesters of Qualifying exam
- Category Certificate if applicable
- No Objection Certificate in case of Govt/PSU
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Weightage of different parameters
Candidates will be shortlisted for empanelment on the basis of final score which will be calculated taking in consideration marks secured at the various stages. Check the weight age of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below.
|GATE 2017 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
Only GATE 2017 score (normalized marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2016 or prior is not valid.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Pay Scale (salary) and probation details
All the candidates who are shortlisted will have to undergo 1 year probation training period and will be paid a pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500. As they successfully complete their training as, they will be promoted as Engineer. Candidates should keep in mind that CTC and other emoluments will vary depending on their place of posting as well as their appointment contract.
The approximate CTC will include Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, etc. Annual CTC (cost to company is as indicated below).
Details of CTC Per Annum
|During Training||Rs.8.5 lakhs|
|After Training||Rs.14.9 lakhs|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Service Agreement Bond
All the candidates will have to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete their one year training, become an engineer and serve the company for a period of 3 years. Candidates are required to execute a service bond for Rs 1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates. SC/ST/PwD candidates have to execute a bond of Rs 50,000/-.
GATE Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE in the previous years
GATE Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE in 2016 (shortlisting for GD and interview)
GATE Cutoff PGCIL Recruitment through GATE in 2015 (shortlisting for GD and interview)
|Post/GATE 2015 Cutoff for Interview||UR||PwD-OH||PwD-HH||OBC-NCL||SC||ST|
Check the Notification of PGCIL 2017 is given below:
Contact Details : B-9, Qutab Institutional Area, Katwaria Sarai,
Latest posts by Prabha (see all)
- Power Grid Recruitment of ET Through GATE 2017 - March 9, 2017
- BSNL Announces Recruitment for 2510 JTOs through GATE 2017 - January 3, 2017
- Application Dates of GAIL and NLC Recruitment Through GATE 2017 Allow No Time to Apply - December 23, 2016