SBI PO 2017: State Bank Of India (SBI) will release the pre -exam training call letter for candidates of SC/ST /Religious Minority Community candidates before the preliminary exam. The admit card of SBI PO preliminary exam will be released by April 15, 2017. SBI has announced 2403 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). Interested candidates were invited to apply for the post after satisfying the required eligibility criteria. Bank will select the candidates on the basis of a three stage of selection process i.e. written exam followed by Group exercises and interview. The written exam of SBI PO 2017 is a computer based test which be conducted in two phases -preliminary and mains. The preliminary exam will be held on April 29 & 30 and May 6 and 7, 2017. Candidates qualifying the preliminary exam of SBI PO will be eligible to appear fo the mains examination scheduled to be held on June 4 2017. Candidates who qualify both parts of the written examination will be called for group exercises and interview which will commence from July 10, 2017. SBI will release a merit list of the candidates who qualified all the stages of SBI PO as per the score requirement prescribed by the bank and final selection of candidates in SBI PO will be done on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
Candidates who will manage to secure high rank in SBI PO 2017 allotment list will be only selected for Probationary Officers (PO). The final result of SBI PO will be announced on the basis of marks secured by the candidates mains exam (both objective and descriptive test), Group Exercises (GE) and Interview. The details of SBI PO 2017 recruitment exam like eligibility, exam pattern, application form, cut off and result is given below.
SBI PO 2017 exam – New highlights
SBI has revised the selection procedure for recruitment of Probationary Officers 2017. As per the new notification, the conducting authority will now hold group exercises instead of group discussion for candidates who will qualify the mains examination i.e objective and descriptive test. Along with group exercise, an interview will be also conducted. Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained
SBI PO 2017 Dates
|Online registration of application starts||February 7, 2017|
|Online registration of application ends||March 6, 2017|
|Last date for edit of application||March 6, 2017|
|Last Date for print of application||April, 2017|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||March 6, 2017|
|Admit card of SBI PO 2017 for pre-exam training||April, 2017|
|Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||April 15, 2017|
|Online Preliminary Exam Date||April 29 & 30 and May 6 & 7, 2017|
|Result of Online Preliminary Exam||May 17, 2017|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||May 22, 2017 onwards|
|Online Main Exam Date||June 4, 2017|
|Result of Online Main Exam||June 19, 2017|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||June 26, 2017|
|Conduct of Group Discussion & Interview||July 10, 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||August 5, 2017|
|Download of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training||April 7, 2017 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||April 17 to April 22, 2017|
Salient features of SBI PO 2017 exam
|Name of the Exam||Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Posts Offered||Probationary Officers|
|Total Number of Vacancies||2403|
|Mode of Selection||Online Examination (Prelims & Mains) and Group Discussion & Interview|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Application Fees||SC/ST/PWD – Rs 100 , General – Rs 600|
|Job posting||Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India|
Latest: SBI PO 2017 Notification released- Check Here
Vacancies of SBI PO 2017 (including backlog vacancies)
Vacancies (Regular and Backlog)
Candidates applying for SBI PO 2017 exam should fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria as per Nationality, Age and Educational Qualification.
- Nationality: Only Indian Citizens can only apply
- Age Limit– Candidates should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2017 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1987 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive)
- Educational Qualification– Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the final year/semester of their graduation can also apply.
The application procedure of SBI PO 2017 is explained below.
- Eligible candidates will have to apply online for the exam.
- The online registration has started from February 7, 2017
- The last date to submit the Application Form is March 6, 2017
- Candidates can access the link provided here on this page to apply for SBI PO 2017 exam
- Candidates before applying should read the eligibility criteria carefully to ensure that they are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Application Fees will have to be paid online. The Application Fees for General Category candidates is Rs 600 and SC/ST/PWD is Rs 100.
- No other mode to submit the SBI PO Application Form 2017 is applicable
- Online Editing of Application Form will be available for stipulated time period only
- No changes will be entertained after final submission of Application Form 2017
The SBI PO 2017 exam will be conducted across 44 state/UTs. The tentative list of examination centres for the Preliminary Exam has been made available by SBI along with the notification. The candidates will have to enter their choices of SBI PO Exam Centres 2017 while filling up the Application Form. No request for change of centre shall be entertained. SBI, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the exam centres as its discretion depending upon the feasibility. Candidate will have to appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature. The centers for the Main Examination will be limited.
- Admit card for the three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview will be issued to the candidates separately.
- The Admit Card for the Prelims Exam will be made available on or before April 15, 2017
- Candidates can download their Call Letter of each stage through the direct link that will be provided here.
- To access the SBI PO Admit Card 2017, candidates in the login page will have to enter their Roll Number/Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth.
- Admit Card will be available online for downloading. No Admit Card will be sent to the candidates by post.
- SBI PO Admit Card 2017 along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the examination centre on the day of examination.
- Candidates failing to produce the Admit Card will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
A banker’s job in the government sector is one of the most popular work profiles in the country. Apart from job security, comfortable work environment and relaxed work timings, a job in a public bank offers financial stability and perks as well. Every year large number of candidates apply for SBI PO exam but only few make up to the final selection. The competition for the exam is very high. Candidates need to put in consistent efforts to excel in SBI PO 2017 exam. They need to prepare day wise study plan for the exam. If candidates prepare well, they can clear the SBI PO exam in the first attempt.
SBI PO 2017 Number of Attempts
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of permissible chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on April 2010.
|Category||Number of Attempt|
|SC/SC (PwD) – ST/ST (PwD)||No Restriction|
Emoluments & Salary Structure
- Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs.23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on
- The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
Structure of SBI PO Prelims Exam
|S:No||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
- The topics included in the Syllabus of SBI PO are basically of graduation level.
- The entire syllabus of Prelims and Mains of SBI PO 2017 is provided here on this page.
- The Syllabus has been prepared by experts and has covered all the topics important for the exam.
- Candidates should be thorough with the syllabus before they start their preparation.
- The Pattern and Structure of SBI PO has been divided into Preliminary, Mains and Group Discussion & Interview.
- The Preliminary Examination consists of Objective Tests for 100 marks which will be conducted online. The test will be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 sections – English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- The Mains Examination comprises of Objective Test and Descriptive Test. The Objective Test will carry 200 marks and Descriptive Test will carry 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Test will be conducted online.
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category to be called for the Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- The group exercises will carry 20 marks and interview will carry 30 marks.
|Test||Name of test||No. of||Max.||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|III||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- Solving the Sample Papers will help the candidates to gain more knowledge.
- Sample Papers is available both online and offline for solving.
- Candidates should solve the SBI PO Sample Papers 2017 regularly to gather an idea of the Question Pattern, level of difficulty, number of questions section-wise etc. It will also boost up the speed level of the candidates.
- Online Mock Tests are like original tests, therefore, it helps the candidates to understand the Pattern and Structure of Exam. Candidates can access their performance through the scores obtained in the mock tests.
- SBI will publish three separate result list for recruitment of Probationary Officers. The same will be hosted here on this page.
- Candidates will have to qualify in all the sections of Preliminary and Mains Examination.
- The Marks of the Preliminary Examination will not be considered for preparation of final Merit List.
- Final Merit list will be prepared on the basis of Mains Exam and Group Discussion & Interview.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II Mains Exam and Phase-III Group Discussion & Interview separately.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- SBI PO Cutoff 2017 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidates will have to secure to qualify each stage of recruitment process.
- SBI will publish sectional and overall cutoff list.
- Candidates who will clear the overall and sectional cutoff will only be considered for next level of recruitment.
- Candidates securing more than the desired cutoff will be provided final allotment.
- The cutoff will be decided by the bank.
Overall SBI PO 2016 Preliminary Cut off out of 100 marks
|Candidate’s Category||SBI PO 2016 Cut off for Preliminary out of 100|
SBI PO 2016 Mains Cut off (Subject-wise)
|Subject||Maximum Marks||SC /ST/ OBC/OH/VI/HI||General|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||6||9|
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge||40||10||13|
|Total Cut Off||200||60||70|
SBI PO 2016 Descriptive and Interview Cut off
|Description & interview||Maximum Marks||SC||ST||OBC||GEN||OH||VI||HI|
|Descriptive type test (English language) evaluated of only those candidates, who have qualified in all the subjects and have secured minimum required marks||50||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Minimum marks to be secured for GD & Interview (Objective + Descriptive test)||250||78||78.75||87.25||90||82.75||79.5||79.25|
|GD + Interview||50||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
SBI PO Final Cut off
|Category||Cut off (Out of 100)|
- Final Allotment will be made depending on the number of vacancies, merit, fulfillment of eligibility conditions, medical fitness.
- Appointment letters will be issued to the finally selected candidates for the post of SBI PO for various branches of SBI.
- The selected candidates will be issued recruitment station where they will have to report on the date mentioned in the Appointment letter
- The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training.
SBI PO 2017 – Know the Career Path!
The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training. Towards the end of their probation/training period, they will be subjected to a screening process. While those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade i.e., Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II, others who qualify in the test but fail to achieve the standards set for placement in Middle Management Grade Scale-II, will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The services of those Officers who fail to qualify in this process will be terminated. Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank including opportunities for postings abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
SBI Recruitment Cell
Phone No: 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days)
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Latest : Access the links below to apply for other government exams|
|IBPS Clerk 2017||IES 2017||SSC JE 2017||SBI Clerk 2017||PSU Recruitment 2017|
Stay tuned to Entrance Corner for more updates on SBI PO 2017 Recruitment. For any queries post your comments below. Do follow us on Google +, Twitter and Facebook.