SSC JE 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will declare the result of SSC JE Paper I in April 2017. The computer based test of SSC JE 2017 was conducted from March 1 to 4, 2017. Around 8 lakh candidates have appeared in the Paper I exam of SSC Junior Engineer (Mechanical. Civil, Electrical and Quantity Surveying and Contract). The Paper I exam of SSC JE 2016 was conducted for total 200 marks comprising of questions from sections – general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness and general engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical and mechanical). The commission will release the answer key of SSC JE 2016 of Paper I exam in March 2017. Candidates who will secure the qualifying marks in the Paper I exam will be shortlisted for the Paper II exam. The SSC JE cutoff will be also be released along with the declaration of result. The total score of the candidates in Paper I exam will be calculated after deducting the negative marks. Candidates can check below for details of SSC JE 2016 result, answer key, cutoff etc.
Important Dates Related to SSC JE 2016 – 17
|Publication of Notification||Sept 30 2016|
|Release of Online Application Form||Oct 1 2016|
|The last for submission of SSC JE Application Form||November 3, 2016|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 1||Feb 2017|
|Exam Date for Paper 1||March 1 to 4, 2017|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||April 2017|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 2||To be notified later|
|Exam Date for Paper 2||To be notified later|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be notified later|
Latest: SSC JE 2017 Admit Card for Paper-I exam – Download Here
Time Schedule of SSC JE 2016 – Check Here
Statistics showing the number of SSC JE Aspirants appeared in previous years
Large numbers of candidates appear for SSC JE exam every year. We have managed to accrue the data showing the number of candidates who have appeared for SSC JE exam during the last four years.
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
|2012||Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
Summary of SSC JE 2016 Exam
- Exam Name: SSC Junior Engineer 2016 – 17
- Conducted by – Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Level – Open Competitive Exam (All India)
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
Participating organizations: Central Water Commission, Department of Post, CPWD and MES
Total Number of Vacancies: 1100 (Approximately)
Description of SSC JE 2016 exam
- SSC JE 2016 exams will comprise of two papers – Paper-I and II.
- SSC has dispensed off with the Interview in selection of candidates under SSC JE 2016 recruitment.
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I by securing the desired cutoff fixed by the Commission will appear for Paper-II.
- Final Selection will be made on the basis of merit in written examination (Paper-I and II) only.
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules
Post -wise vacancy details as per SSC JE 2016
|Posts||No of Vacancies|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||To be notified later|
|Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)||To be notified later|
The Application of SSC JE 2016 has concluded. Interested candidates were required to apply online. The SSC JE Application Form 2016 – 17 was available in two parts.
- Online Part 1 Registration
- Online Part 2 Registration
Online Part 2 Registration – In Part I registration, candidate were required to fill basic information.
Online Part 2 Registration – Part II registration involved filling of payment details, uploading of photograph and scanned signature.
Payment of Application Fees
The application fee for SSC JE 2016 exam was Rs 100. However, Payment of Application Fees was exempted for women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation). Application Fees can be paid through:
Online– SBI net banking/debit card/credit cards
Offline– Candidate should take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration. Deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration.
SSC JE Exam Cities 2016
The List of SSC JE Exam Cities 2016 has been released by SSC. A candidate must clearly indicate in the Application Form their preferences of exam centres. However, candidates will also have to submit their Application Form to the concerned Regional/Sub-Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the centres indicated by him/her falls. A total of 38 exam centres have been selected by SSC for conducting SSC JE exam.
SSC has released the Admit Card for Paper 1 exam. The direct link to download the Admit Card region-wise has been hosted here on this page. The candidates qualifying for the Paper 2 exam will be issued a separate Admit Card. The candidates can download their Admit Card in the following manner.
- Candidates will have to click the link provided here.
- In the new window, they will have to enter their credentials.
- Submitting the details, the Admit Card will appear on the screen of your computer.
- Download the Admit Card and keep it safe.
The Syllabus of SSC JE provided here has been released by SSC. The Syllabus has been divided as per different subjects. The SSC JE Syllabus 2016 will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam. Candidates before starting their preparation should read the Syllabus thoroughly.
- The Written Examination of SSC JE will comprise of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will be objective type test comprising of 200 marks.
- The Paper 1 will consist of subjects such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical).
- The Paper 2 of SSC JE 2016 will be conventional type
- The Paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
- There will be three parts –Part A, Part B, Part C. Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical). Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
The Sample Papers of SSC JE are available here for downloading. The candidates appearing for the exam can use the SSC JE Sample Paper 2016 and prepare well for the exam. Candidates can also give here online mock test and boost up their speed level.
The SSC JE Answer key 2016 of Paper I will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the exam. The SSC JE answer key 2016 of the objective type test will be made available in March 2017. The answer key will help the candidates to calculate their probable score of the exam based on the number of correct and incorrect responses marked by the candidates. The SSC JE answer key will be released for all sets of online test booklets provided to the candidates during the exam.
The SSC JE Result 2016 of the Paper 1 will be declared in April/May 2017. The result of SSC JE will be declared for all the candidates who have appeared in the Paper I exam of SSC JE 2016. However, candidates securing the overall cutoff score as per their category will be shortlisted for the paper II exam of SSC JE. The Final Result will be declared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in Paper I and Paper II.
Candidates to qualify each stage will have to secure the cutoff score of SSC JE. The SSC JE Cutoff 2016 will be decided by the Commission. SSC JE cutoff 2016 will be declared in the form of marks. The cutoff score of SSC JE will be based on the number of applicants, number of seats, performance of the candidates in the exam etc. Candidates can check below for the expected cutoff of SSC JE 2016.
SSC JE Cut off 2016 (Expected)
|Civil Engineering||75-85||65-75||80-90||70-78||40- 50||95 – 105|
|Electrical/Mech. Engineering||110-120||95-105||110- 120||95- 105||70-80||120-12|
- The SSC JE Selection Procedure 2016 will include Written Examination.
- SSC has decided to discontinue with the process of interview.
- The Written Examination will comprise of two papers – Paper 1 and 2.
- Candidates who will qualify the Paper 1 will sit for Paper 2.
- On the basis of the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 candidates will be selected.
Resolution of Ties under SSC JE 2016
In case more than one candidate secures the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:
1) Total marks in written examination.
2) Marks in Paper-2
3) Marks in Paper-1
4) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
5) Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates.
Salary Structure of SSC JE 2016
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|
Stay tuned to EntranceCorner for more updates on SSC JE 2016. For any queries, post your comments below.