SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016: The exam pattern of SSC MTS gives idea about the written exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The SSC MTS Exam Pattern provides information related to marking scheme, sectional weightage of questions, time duration, nature of questions etc. By referring to the exam pattern of SSC MTS, aspirants will be able to prepare for the entrance exam in an organized manner. The written exam of SSC MTS will consist of Paper I and Paper II. As per the SSC MTS exam pattern 2016, the Paper I is a objective type paper and Paper II is a descriptive paper. The Paper I will carry 150 marks comprising of 4 sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The questions of Paper I will be set both in English and Hindi. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper I. The Paper II of SSC MTS will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills. Candidates can check below for more details on SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016.
Highlights of SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 of Paper I
- The Paper I exam of SSC MTS will be a objective type test carrying Multiple choice questions only.
- The total marks allotted for the Paper I exam of SSC MTS is total 150 marks.
- The question paper of SSC MTS Paper I will be set both in english and hindi.
- There is also provision for negative marking in the exam pattern of SSC MTS for wrong answers. 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answers. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep in mind while answering the questions.
- The Paper I exam of SSC MTS will be conducted in offline mode.
- The total time duration of Paper I exam of SSC MTS is 2 hours
Structure of SSC MTS Paper I exam
|Part||Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Duration for General candidates||Total Duration for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 hrs||2 hrs 40 mins|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern of Paper II
- The Paper II exam of SSC MTS will be descriptive intending to test the writting skills of the candidates.
- The test will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode.
- The SSC MTS Exam Pattern of Paper II consist of short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- The Paper II is qualifying in nature.
- Paper-II will be held only for such candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
Structure of SSC MTS Paper II
|Subject||Total marks||Time Duration for general candidates||Time Duration for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 – Marking Scheme
|Subject||Total Marks||Total Number of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|General English||50||50||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
|General Awareness||50||50||Correct answer = +1 Incorrect answer = 0.25|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2016 – Preparation of merit list
- Candidates will have to secure minimum qualifying marks in the Paper I exam to be shortlisted for the Paper II exam.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in Paper I however, they will have to meet the qualifying standards fixed in Paper II.
- The cut-offs in Paper-I and qualifying marks in Paper-II may be different for vacancies in each State/UT will be fixed at the discretion of the Commission.
- Candidates will be provided an appointment on the basis of their ranks and merit.
SSC MTS 2016 Answer Key
SSC will release the official answer key of computer based exam of SSC MTS in May 2017. Candidates can download the answer key for all sets of online test booklets through user ID and password (DOB). The answer key will contain the correct answers of all the questions asked in the exam. Using the answer key of SSC MTS, candidates can calculate their probable score of the exam.
SSC MTS 2016 syllabus
The syllabus of SSC MTS 2016 gives details of all the topics important for the exam. Questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning will be non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. The questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple, of a level that an average matriculate. Questions on General Awareness will be also of similar standard.