TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017: Osmania University, Hyderabad has prescribed the eligibility conditions for all candidates who are interested to participate in the recruitment of Assistant Professors/Lecturers. The applicants will apply for exam have to ensure that they fulfill each of the TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017. The eligibility criteria aims to allow only deserving candidates for participation in the recruitment process. A candidate who will be selected at the aforementioned posts will have to meet certain requirements in terms of educational qualification, experience, age, etc.
The TS SET Eligibility Criteria is prescribed to find the right candidates who fits all the requirements of a certain post. The candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria of TS SET 2017 should not fill the application form. If any such candidates fill the online application form,their applications will be outright rejected and they will not be allowed to participate in the TS SET 2017. The different conditions of eligibility of TS SET 2017 as prescribed by the exam conducting authority have been explained below. Read on to know the details of TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017.
Details of TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017
Age Limit: Candidates should be minimum 23 years of age to apply for TS SET 2017. There is no upper age limit for candidates.
- As per the TS SET Eligibility Criteria, candidates who have completed or are pursuing their PG Degree in the final year for the concerned subjects are allowed to apply. Other candidates should not fill the TS SET Application Form 2017.
- Candidates should have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in their Master’s degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC.
- Candidates belonging to backward classes (BC)/ Scheduled Castes (SC) /Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Physically Challenged (PH/VH) category should have secured atleast 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination will be eligible to appear for TS SET 2017.
- Candidates who have appeared or will appear for the Master’s Degree qualifying examination and whose result is yet not announced can apply for the exam as per TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017.
- Candidates whose qualifying Master’s Degree examination have been delayed can also apply for TS SET 2017. Such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates).
- Candidates whose admission will be on provisional basis in TS SET 2017, must obtain PG/Master’s degree marksheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates who are Ph.D. degree holders and whose Master’s level examination had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Examination.
- As specified in TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017, candidates have to appear for exam in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category will have to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test.
- In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates who qualify the written examination of TS SET 2017 will be called for document verification with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH. If the candidates fails to qualify document verification at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by SET agency.
- Candidate who became eligible in earlier APSET-2012, 2013 and SET-TS&AP-2014 are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in Previous SET tests and reappearing for the current TS-SET their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de notification.
Number of chances: There is no restrictions on number of attempts for TS SET 2017.
TS SET Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship)
- TS SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in universities/ colleges/institutions.
- The candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in universities/ colleges/institutions.
- The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India.
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their TS SET.
Latest posts by Isha Batra (see all)
- DMRC Recruitment Executive and Non Executive Recruitment 2016 - March 24, 2017
- RPSC RAS Sample papers 2016 - March 24, 2017
- RPSC School Lecturer Preparation Tips 2017 - March 24, 2017