BHU LLB Exam Pattern 2017 – The candidates preparing for the BHU LLB entrance test i.e. the Undergraduate Entrance Test are advised to check the test pattern. It is important for the candidates to be familiar with the exam pattern so that they prepare accordingly. The question paper will contain 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and the duration of the test is 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours. These 150 MCQs will be based on General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude & Mental Ability and Language Comprehension. The test is held every year for admission into the LLB and BA LLB programmes of the University in a Pen and Paper based mode. Notification regarding BHU LLB entrance test is expected to be announced soon and the test will be held around the 3rd week of May 2017. Read this article to know more about the BHU LLB Exam Pattern 2017.
About the BHU LLB Exam Pattern
The paper pattern of BHU LLB entrance test will also give a clear picture of the subjects and type of questions in each section. The test will be held in offline mode and will contain a total of 150 MCQs carrying 450 marks. For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 3 marks and for every wrong answer, the candidates will be penalized 1 mark. For a better picture of the exam pattern for BHU LLB entrance test, the candidates can check the table below –
|Topics||Questions per section||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||130||450||120 Minutes (2 hours)|
|Common Legal Knowledge|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability|
The question paper will have 2 sets of MCQs, one in Hindi and the other in English. The candidates can either answer the Hindi language set or the English language set. However, for the Language Comprehension section, there will two sets and a candidate can answer only one i.e. either the English set or the Hindi set. The un-attempted questions will be awarded zero marks.
About the topics of the test
As mentioned above, there will be 4 sections with a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will carry 3 marks each. The various topics of the test are –
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Common Legal Knowledge
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Language Comprehension
- There will be a total of 130 MCQs from the General Awareness & Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge and Aptitude & Mental Ability topics, while 20 questions will be based on Language Comprehension.
- Questions from the General Awareness & Current Affairs section will be challenging the candidate’s awareness of the latest events and happening in the national and international arenas. The candidates are advised to be updated with the daily events by reading newspapers, yearbooks, magazines, etc.
- The questions from the Common Legal Knowledge topics are the topics that most law aspirants are familiar with. Most of the questions will be based on the study of law.
- The questions on the Aptitude and Mental Ability will challenge the candidate’s problem-solving ability.
- The questions on Language comprehension will be in two sets i.e. in English and the other in Hindi. These questions will test the candidate’s command over the Hindi/English vocabulary and language.