CLAT Application Form 2017 –The Chanakya National Law University has issued the application form for CLAT 2017 on January 01, 2017. The application form is available online and the candidates can access the same from this article. The last date to fill in the CLAT 2017 application form is 31 March 2017. The candidates must fill in the CLAT registration form before the deadline to be eligible to apply for the test. Also, they must make sure that all the details entered in the application form must be accurate and error-free. Any error in the application form can lead to the cancellation of the candidature. First, the candidates are required to register themselves to access the application form. Also, the candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 4000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-) to complete the application process. The test is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. Know more about the CLAT application form 2017, application process, fee details, etc. from this article.
Latest: Register for CLAT 2017 from the window below.
CLAT 2017 Application Form – Apply Here
Important Dates – CLAT Application Form 2017
It is important for the candidates to be aware of the schedule for CLAT 2017 so that they don’t miss any deadline. The candidates must register and submit the application form before the deadline so that they are eligible to appear for the test. Candidates can check the table below for the list of important dates regarding the CLAT Application procedure –
|Availability of application form||January 01, 2017|
|End date for application procedure||March 31, 2017|
|Computer-based test||May 14, 2017|
Before the candidates start with the registration process, they must be aware of the eligibility norms of the test. If the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility criteria, then their candidature will be cancelled in the document verification rounds. It must be noted that the CLAT application fee is non-refundable. The eligibility norms for the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are different from each other.
The candidates applying for the UG programmes must have passed Class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks (SC/ST: 40% marks). Also, the candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam are eligible to apply.
To apply for the PG programmes, the candidates must have an LL.B degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate score of 55% (SC/ST: 50%). The candidates in the final year of their qualifying exams are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit – This year, the Bar Council of India has fixed the upper age limit for CLAT UG 2017. The candidates must be below 20 years of age (SC/ST/OBC/SAP candidates: 22 years of age) as on July 1, 2017.
Documents & Information required for filling in the CLAT 2017 application form
Once the candidates are confirmed that they are eligible to apply for the test, then they must make sure that they have the following things (documents/information) before they start with the registration process –
- A valid email ID and mobile number.
- Personal details.
- Details about the address for communication.
- Academic profile.
- The programme the candidate wish to apply for.
- Names of the three exam cities.
- Scanned images of the passport size photograph and signature.
- Scanned copies of the category certificates (if applicable).
Document Specification and Photograph Requirements
The following are the required requirements for the photographs –
- The photograph must be coloured and must be clear.
- The image must be in a JPEG format with a standard 30mm x 45mm print (width and height).
- The size limit is 100KB.
- The maximum pixel resolution must be JPEG: 480 x 640 while the minimum must be JPEG: 240 x 320.
- Candidates wearing spectacles must note have glare on the glasses.
The following are the required requirements for the Signature –
- The candidates must sign on A4 white paper within a rectangular box of size 7cm x 2 cm (Width and Height).
- The height and width must be 420 pixels and 120 pixels, respectively.
- The maximum size of the image must be 80 KB.
- The format of the image must be in JPEG.
- The maximum pixel resolution must be 560 x 160 while the minimum must be 280 x 80.
Application Fee for CLAT 2017
The CLAT 2017 application fee is Rs. 4000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-). It must be noted that the application fee for CLAT is non-refundable and will be vary category-wise of the candidate. The fee can be paid via online mode or challan. Apart from the application fee, additional charges may apply for the transactions. Candidates can check the table below for the CLAT Application fee –
|Other Backward Classes||4000/-|
|Specially Abled Persons||4000/-|
To pay the application fee via online mode, the candidates can follow the steps below –
- To pay the application fee online, the candidates can opt for Debit/Credit Card option or Net Banking.
- While selecting the online payment option, the candidates will be directed to a bank from the CLAT Online Application Interface.
- Here, the candidates must follow the Net Banking or Credit/Debit card payment procedures to pay the fee.
- Now, the application fee along with the bank charges will be shown and the candidates are required to confirm the payment.
- On successful payment, the candidates will be directed back to the CLAT Online Application Interface.
To pay the application fee through a Challan, the candidates can follow the steps below –
- When the candidates select the Challan payment mode, then a PDF file of the Challan will be generated with filled in details. The candidates are required to print the Challan.
- The Challan will be divided into three copies, which are the Bank’s copy, CLAT copy and the Student’s copy.
- The candidates are required to fill in the date and sign the Challan before submitting to the nearest ICICI Branch and deposit the fee.
- On accepting the fee, the bank will return the candidate and CLAT copy. The candidates must retain these copies and must submit the CLAT copy during the counseling rounds.
Steps to Apply for CLAT 2017
The CLAT application form is available only in online mode, therefore, the candidates applying for the test are advised to read the steps carefully. The interface that CLAT will provide for the application process is known as CLAT Online Application Processing System (CAPS). Through the CAPS, the candidates can –
- Register and apply for CLAT.
- Check the application status.
- Download the admit card.
- Check and download their result and scorecard.
To start the application process for CLAT 2017, the candidates can follow the steps given below.
Step 1. Registration: First, the candidates are required to get themselves by entering their name, father’s name, mother’s name, and date of birth, email ID and a mobile number. The candidates must make sure that the names entered are correct. Once registered, the candidates cannot change the entered details. On successful registration, the candidates will receive an email containing the CAPS User ID and Password to their registered email address and mobile number.
Step 2. Fill in the Application Form: The candidates are required to login into their CLAT accounts using the provided CAPS ID and password and access the application form. In the application form, the candidates are required to enter the following –
- Personal details.
- Address for communication.
- Choices of CLAT cities.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Upload the documents supporting the candidate’s reservation (if applicable).
- Now proceed towards the fee payment method.
Step 3. Pay the CLAT 2017 Application Fee: The candidates can pay the application via online as well as offline mode. To pay the fee via online mode, the candidates can opt for Credit/Debit card payment and Net Banking. In order to pay the fee via offline mode, the candidates can generate the Challan. Additional bank charges will be applicable along with the application fee.
Step 4. Download the Application Form: Once the candidates make the fee payment, they will be able to download their application forms along with their fee payment details. The candidates can print the completed application form for future reference. Once the candidates successfully submit the application form, a message will appear for the same.
However, the candidates must remember their CAPS User ID and password so that they can log in to check their application status, download their admit card and also check their result.