CLAT Counselling 2017 – After the announcement of the CLAT result, the counselling rounds will start. The candidates scoring the required cutoff marks will be shortlisted for the counselling rounds. Based on the candidate’s merit and course preference, the committee will be allotting the seats. Last year, the counselling fee for CLAT was Rs. 50,000/-. The CLAT 2017 Counselling rounds are expected to be held in the first week of June 2017. Notification for CLAT 2017 will be released in the month of December 2016. The test is held for admission into the various law programmes of the various NLUs and other law schools. Read this article for more details on the CLAT Counselling 2017.
Important Dates regarding CLAT Counselling 2017
The notification for CLAT 2017 is yet to be announced. With the announcement of the notification, the schedule for CLAT 2017 counselling will also be released. However, the candidates can check the tentative CLAT Counselling schedule given below –
|Release of 1st allotment list||1st week of June 2017|
|Option Exercising and deposition of counselling fee||2nd week of June 2017|
|Release of 2nd allotment list||2nd week of June 2017|
|Option Exercising and deposition of counselling fee||3rd week of June 2017|
|Release of 3rd allotment list||3rd week of June 2017|
|Option Exercising and deposition of counselling fee||Last week of June 2017|
|Release of 4th allotment list||Last week of June 2017|
|Option Exercising and deposition of counselling fee||1st week of July 2017|
Stepwise process of CLAT Counselling 2017
The counselling rounds for CLAT 2017 will be conducted by the exam body for admission into the various undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes of the participating institutes. For the allotment of the seats, the candidate’s merit and preferences (entered in the CLAT Application Form) will be considered. With the declaration of the result, the exam body will release the list of shortlisted candidates for CLAT Counselling. Check the complete step-wise procedure for CLAT 2017 counselling from below –
Step 1. The release of the First merit list based on the merit and preference of the candidates.
Based on the preference entered in the application form and the merit of the candidate, the Institutes accepting the CLAT score will publish their merit list.
Step 2. Payment of counselling fee and exercising the options available. To pay the counselling fee, the candidates can check the following sub-steps –
- Here, the candidates are required to pay the counselling fee at the CLAT office. Then the fee will be transferred to the participating NLU in which the candidate has taken admission.
- The candidates are required to be physically present at the participating Institutes for the counselling rounds.
- Once the candidates pay the counselling fee, they will be able to reserve their seats as prescribed by the exam body.
Note: If the candidates fail to pay the counselling fee within the specified time, then their names will be dropped from the merit list.
Step 3. Release of the second merit list
The CLAT office will release the second list of selected candidates who have paid the counselling fee and reserved a seat in one of the participating NLUs. Along with the second list, the CLAT office will also release a waitlist of the candidates selected provisionally against the dropped out candidates, if any. These candidates in the waitlist are required to pay the counselling fee and reserve their seat.
The entire CLAT counselling fee will be fortified in case of any withdrawal after the provided time period.
Step 4. Release of the third merit list
The candidates who have paid the counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs will make it to this list. Also in this round, a waitlist will be released for candidates selected provisionally against the dropped out candidates, if any. These candidates must pay the CLAT counselling fee within the provided time period and also reserve their seats.
Step 5. Conclusion of the admission formalities at the allotted NLUs
To conclude the admission procedures, the candidates can follow the steps given below –
- The candidates must visit the allotted NLUs to pay the remaining counselling fee and other fees.
- The candidates must produce the required documents and certificates to support their claims made in the application form. These documents are to be produced in both photocopies and originals.
- If the candidates fail to produce the required documents, then the admissions will not be allowed.
- If the candidates fail to report to their allotted NLUs within the given time period, the claim for the admission and the entire counselling fee will be fortified.
Required documents to be produced at the CLAT Counselling rounds
The candidates whose names are in the CLAT merit list are required to carry the following documents at the time of CLAT counselling –
- CLAT 2017 Admit Card
- The call letter issued by the CLAT exam authority
- Class 12th original documents
- Date of Birth of Class 10 pass certificate
- Original category certificate for candidates applying under the reserved categories.
- Passport size photographs.