IPU CET Law Exam Pattern 2017 – The law aspirants applying for IPU CET Law 2017 are advised to be familiar with the exam pattern. With the help of the IPU CET Law 2017 exam pattern, the candidates will be able to understand the exam structure. Also, the IPU CET test pattern will give an idea about the question paper pattern. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on May 06, 2017, in a paper-based mode for admission into the LL.B programmes of the University. The question booklet will contain a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and the candidates will be provided 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the same i.e. 150 minutes. The question booklet will be divided into 4 sections and each section will have 25% weightage. The application process has commenced and the end date to apply is April 18, 2017. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on May 06, 2017. Go through this article for more details on the IPU CET Law Exam Pattern 2017.
Latest: IPU CET Law Application Form 2017 – Click Here
About the IPU CET Law Exam Pattern 2017
As mentioned above, there will be a total of 150 MCQs that are required to be solved within 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes. The questions in the paper will be based on 4 topics. The difficulty level of the pattern fluctuates every year. Check the table below for more details on the IPU CET Law Exam Pattern 2017 –
|Section||Weightage of the sections||Total no. of Questions||Duration|
|English Language and Comprehension||25%||150||150 minutes|
Marking Scheme of IPU CET Law 2017
The total marks of IPU CET Law 2017 are 600 marks. As mentioned above, there will be a total of 150 questions. For every correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks while for every wrong answer the candidates will be penalized 1 mark. Even the questions with more than one answer will be considered wrong and will be penalized 1 mark. The unattempted questions won’t be penalized.
Important Points to remember
Some important points regarding the IPU CET Law test pattern are –
- The test will be held in a pen-paper mode.
- There will be a total of 150 MCQs.
- The questions will be divided into 4 sections.
- The test will be held in various centres across the city of Delhi only.
- Each section will have equal weightage across the paper.
- There is negative marking of 1 mark for the wrong answers and for questions with more than 1 answer.
About the IPU CET Law Sections
As mentioned above, the test will have 150 MCQs and these questions will be distributed into 4 sections/topics. These various topics on which the questions will be based are –
- English Language and Comprehension – The questions in this section will be based on Comprehension passages, sentence correction, jumbled sentences, sentence formation and fill in the blanks.
- General Knowledge – This section will contain questions based on current affairs, politics, books, and other events in the national and international arena.
- Reasoning – The questions in this section is dominated by Analytical Questions. The questions are mainly from the arrangement, coding-decoding, Cubes, verbal logic, questions related to an anagram, etc.
- Legal Aptitude – This section will challenge the candidate’s static legal awareness/knowledge. The questions in this section require a bit of reading but cannot be labeled as difficult.