PU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2017 – The candidates applying for PU BA LLB entrance test must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms of the test. The eligibility criteria are the minimum requirements that a candidate must possess to be eligible to participate in the admission process. If the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility criteria, then their candidature will be cancelled in the admission rounds. It must be noted that the application fee is non-refundable, therefore, the candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. The notification for PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test is expected to commence soon. Know more about the PU BA LLB eligibility criteria 2017 from the article below.
About PU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2017
Changes or modification regarding the eligibility criteria will be announced in the notification for PU BA/B.Com LLB admission 2017. The eligibility norms are the minimum requirements that a candidate must fulfill for admission into the law programmes. Failing to meet the eligibility norms will lead to cancellation of the candidature in the admission rounds. Check the eligibility criteria for PU BA LLB admission are –
- The candidates who have passed their Class 12th board exam or equivalent exam from a recognized Board/University are eligible for the test.
- The candidates who are appearing in their final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum marks for the qualifying test are 50% (SC/ST/OBC: 45%).
- According to the Bar Council of India, the candidates who have passed their 10+2 from Open Universities directly without any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.
- For admission into the 1st Semester law programme of the Institute, the candidates must qualify the PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test.
- Admissions into the law courses of the University and its centres are purely based on merit.
The candidates fulfilling all the required criteria can apply for the test. The registration process is expected to commence from the last week of February 2017. To apply for the test, this article will provide a link to access the application form. The candidates qualifying in the entrance test will be eligible to seek admission into the various centres of the University. There is a total of 387 seats in total, distributed into the following centres –
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana.
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, Panjab University Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
For any queries on the PU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2017, comment below