PU BA LLB Entrance Exam 2016 – Every year, Panjab University conducts the LLB entrance test for admission into the B.A. LL.B and B.Com LL.B (Hons.) 5-year integrated courses. The test is held in an offline mode around the last week of April. Notification for PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test is expected to be announced soon and the application process is expected to start from the 3rd week of February 2017. This article will be updated with the release of the notification of PU UG Law entrance test 2017. For more details on PU BA LLB entrance exam 2017, application processes, tentative schedule, eligibility norms, exam pattern, syllabus etc. read this article.
Important dates of PU BA LLB Entrance Exam 2017
With the release of the notification of PU BA LLB entrance test, the schedule will also be announced. However, the candidates can check the table below for the tentative dates of the exam. The table below is prepared on the basis of previous year’s schedule and will be updated with the release of the official notification.
|Release of the notification||3rd week of January 2017|
|Commencement of Registration||last week of February 2017|
|End date for Registration||1st week of April 2017|
|End date for deposit of fee||1st week of April 2017|
|End date to upload photograph, signature and other details||2nd week of April 2017|
|End date for submission of application form||2nd week of April 2017|
|Issuance of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2017|
|Entrance Test date||Last week of April 2017|
|Announcement of Result||1st week of May 2017|
The entrance test for PU BA LLB courses is held every year for admission into the B.A. LL.B and B.Com LL.B (5-year integrated courses). There are 387 seats in total which are 267 seats for the BA LLB programmes and 120 seats for the B.Com LLB programmes.
- Name of the Exam – Panjab University B.A./B.Com LL.B Entrance Test
- Commonly known as – PU BA LLB
- Level of Exam – National
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Conducting body – Panjab University, Chandigarh
Eligibility criteria for PU BA LLB entrance test
The law aspirants applying for the PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test are required to be familiar with its eligibility norms. The eligibility criteria are determined by the Panjab University, Chandigarh. The candidates applying for the test must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. If the candidates fail to meet any of the eligibility norms, then their candidature will be cancelled in the pre-admission rounds.
To apply for the test, the candidates must have passed their class 12th board exam with a minimum of 50% (SC/ST: 45%) as the aggregate marks.
PU BA LLB entrance test Application Form 2017
Once the candidates are sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms of the University for admission to the undergraduate law programmes, then they can start with the registration process. The application forms will be available online and the candidates can access the same from this article. The PU BA LLB application forms are expected to be released around the last week of February 2017. To appear for the test, the candidates must make sure they submit the application form before the deadline.
With the commencement of the application form, the candidates can click on the sub-heading above to apply. The law aspirants can check the steps below to apply for the test –
- The application forms will be available only in online mode, and the candidates can click on the subhead above to apply.
- First, the candidates must get themselves registered by entering their email ID and mobile number.
- On successful registration, the candidates will be provided the login ID and password.
- With the login ID and password, the candidates can login into their accounts and access the application form.
- Fill in the application with the required details.
- Pay the application fee to conclude the application procedure.
Application Fee of PU BA LLB 2017 Entrance Test
The notification for PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test will furnish the amount for the application fee. Last year, the application fee for PU UG LLB entrance test was Rs. 1100 (ST/SC: Rs. 550/-). The fee can be paid via online as well as offline mode. It is important for the candidates to pay the application fee, since, without the application fee, the application will be incomplete.
Reservation of seats for PU BA LLB Entrance Exam 2017
Seats in the LLB programmes of Panjab University will be reserved for the following categories –
- Candidates applying under the Kashmiri Migrant category.
- Candidates applying under the Riot Victim category.
- Candidates applying under the Physically Handicapped category.
- Candidates applying under the Scheduled Caste category.
- Candidates applying under the Scheduled Tribe category.
- Candidates applying under the Backward Class category.
- Candidates applying under the Defence category.
- Candidates applying under the Scheduled Sports category.
Details regarding the percentage of seats reserved will be provided on the official notification for PU BA LLB entrance exam 2017. The candidates belonging to the reserved category are required to produce their documents and the specimens provided by the University at the time of admission to support their reservation status. The candidates failing to produce the required documents will be denied admission.
List of Participating Institutes
The candidates will be admitted into following centres of Panjab University:
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana.
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, Panjab University Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
Test Centres for PU BA LLB Entrance Exam 2017
The entrance test for PU BA LLB 2017 is held at various centres located in Chandigarh city only. The admission notification for PU UG Law entrance test will release the list of centres for the test.
PU BA LLB entrance test Admit Card 2017
Around the 2nd week of April, Panjab University will release the hall ticket for PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test 2017. The admit card will be available online and with its release the candidates can download it from this article. The admit card is an important document and the candidates must take it with them to the exam hall. In the exam hall, the candidates are required to produce the admit card to the invigilator, if they fail to do so, then they will not be allowed to write the test.
To access the admit card, the candidates are required to login into their accounts using their ID and Password. The PU BA LLB entrance test hall ticket will furnish the details of the candidate and the exam. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of the admit card for future reference.
Exam pattern of PU BA LLB entrance test 2017
It is important for the law aspirants preparing for PU BA LLB entrance test to be familiar with the exam pattern. The test pattern will help the candidates to understand the structure of the question paper and distribution of the questions. In the entrance test for PU BA LLB, the candidates are required to solve 100 Multiple Choice Questions within 90 minutes. Check the table below to have a better understanding of the exam pattern.
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||100||100||90 minutes|
|English Comprehension and Writing Skills|
Syllabus for PU BA LLB entrance exam 2017
- There is no definite syllabus for Panjab University BA/B.Com LLB entrance test. However, the candidates can prepare according to the topics of the test. The questions in the paper will be from 4 different sections, which are General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Mental Aptitude and English Comprehension & Writing Skills.
- To prepare for the GK & Current Affairs topics, the candidates can go through the yearbooks, quiz books, newspapers and news magazines to keep themselves updated with the latest happenings in the national and international arenas.
- For the Legal Aptitude section, the candidates can cover the topics related to the study of law and research aptitude. Books are easily available to prepare for this topic.
- Various books are available for preparation of the topics for Mental Aptitude in online as well in offline mode. Various websites will provide books, tips and sample papers for the Mental Aptitude section. Also, the candidates can check the various outlets that provide books and sample papers for Mental Aptitude.
- For the English Comprehension and Writing skills, the candidates are advised to read as much as they can and practice what they have learned. To prepare for this section, the candidates are required to develop a better grip over the English vocabulary and grammar. For this, the candidates can read newspapers, novels, story books, etc.
Result of PU BA LLB entrance exam 2017
The PU BA LLB entrance test result will be available online and the candidates will be able to check the same from this article. The result will furnish the score and the qualifying status of the candidates in the PU BA LLB entrance test. Around 1st week of May 2017, the result for PU BA LLB entrance test will be announced. The result will be available online only and the candidates won’t be notified via any method.
With the release of the result, the candidates the candidates can click on the subheading above. On clicking, the candidates are required to enter their Roll Number to check their marks.
Cutoff Scores for PU BA LLB entrance Exam 2017
The cutoff scores for PU BA LLB entrance test are the minimum scores that a candidate must score in order to get selected for the counselling rounds. The University will determine the cutoff scores of the test.
PU BA LLB entrance test Counselling rounds
Based on the score of the candidates in the entrance test, they will be shortlisted for the counselling rounds. In the seat allotment process, the seats will be allotted after verification of documents. The candidates shortlisted for the counselling round are required to be present at the venue with the following documents –
- 1 Demand Drafts (One in favour of Panjab University, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh and the other in favour Director of the allotted institutes payable at the respective city).
- The original and photocopies of the qualifying exam score cards.
- PU BA LLB entrance test admit card.
- Certificates supporting the candidate’s reservation (if applicable).