AFMC MBBS Admission 2017: The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) will not be conducting their own entrance examination. Instead all admissions will be done through counselling. The online application forms will be available for interested applicants tentatively from the 1st week of June, 2017 till the 1st week of July, 2017. The score of the applicants in the postgraduate National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be taken into account while granting admissions into the medical seats offered by Armed Forces Medical College. The counselling session will be held in the 5th week of July, 2017. Allotment of seats will be done strictly based on the merit of the applicant. Read the full article for details about important details, eligibility criteria, admission procedure and counselling process of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017.
AFMC will be following the Supreme Court directive of centralizing the medical entrance examinations and will be giving admissions to only those applicants who have successfully qualified NEET. Based on the scores of the applicants in NEET 2017, applicants will be called in for the counselling session of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 and will be allotted seats.
The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) provides training to undergraduate medical students to work under the defense services in the future.
Main Features of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017
- Entrance Examination: NEET 2017
- Admission Committee: Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Number of Seats: 130 Medical Seats
- Courses: MBBS
- Duration of Course: 4½ Years with 1 year of compulsory rotating internship training.
Seat Matrix of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017
The number of seats are listed below for all applicants to refer. The applicants can check the division of the seats in the table given below.
|S.NO||Category of Applicants||Total Number of Seats|
AFMC MBBS 2017 Important Dates
The tentative important dates of AFMC are given below. All of the interested applicants will be able to check the tentative dates to know when the admission events of AFMC may probably start. The given dates are tentative and will be updated when the official notification is released.
|S.No||Admission Events of AFMC MBBS 2017||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Release of Online Application Forms||1st week of June, 2017|
|2||Last Day for Submission of Online Application Forms||1st week of July, 2017|
|3||Announcement of Merit List||3rd week of July, 2017|
|4||Round 1 of Counselling||5th week of July, 2017|
|5||Commencement of Classes||August 1, 2017|
AFMC MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
All of the applicants will have to fulfill the required eligibility criteria to get admission into the medical seats offered by AFMC MBBS Admission 2017. Inability to fulfil the criteria will lead to the disqualification of the applicant from the admission procedure.
- Nationality: The applicant has to be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC after they have acquired Indian citizenship.
- Marital Status: The applicant has to be unmarried.
- Age: The applicant should have attained the age of 17 years on December 31, 2017 but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date. Applicants who have passed B.Sc examination must not have attained the age of 24 years.
- Health: The applicant must be physically fit.
- Education: The applicants must have completed his/her 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and should have secured 60% in the aggregate of the three science subjects and 50% marks individually including English.
- NEET 2017: General category applicants will have to secure 50% marks whereas Reserved category applicants will have to score 40% marks in NEET 2017.
Who are not eligible for AFMC MBBS Admission 2017
- The applicants who have passed in Domestic science, Domestic Arithmetic and Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science/Social Studies in 10+2.
- Those applicants who have qualified only Pre-University/Pre-Degree (one year) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental Examination.
- If the applicants have passed the Pre-Professional or equivalent qualifying examination as a private candidate or from Open schools.
- If the requisite percentile has been scored by the applicant but in subsequent attempts or compartment examination.
AFMC MBBS 2017 Application Form
The online application form of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 will be available tentatively from the 1st week of June, 2017. The application form will be found only in online mode. The applicants will have to have to fill in the required information. Registration has to be done first by the applicants in which the account login and password will be generated. The applicant will have to fill in their qualification , personal, contact and more details. The applicant will also have to upload his/her scanned copy of photograph and signature. Payment of the required application fee will have to be done in offline mode at any branch of the State Bank of India. The payment has to be done one day after the generation of the challan. The application form has to be submitted till the 1st week of July, 2017. The applicants will also be able to check the status of the application form to see if it is rejected or accepted. It is advised to the applicants to keep a printed copy of their completed application form for record and future reference.
If any applicant fails to submit the required application form then he/she will be considered ineligible for the admission process. Incomplete or incomplete application forms will also be rejected by the admission committee.
Application Fee of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017
The challan for payment of the required fees will be available only after the applicant submits the form. The challan containing the “Bank copy” and the “Student copy” will have to be printed. The payment of fees can be paid only one day after the generation of the challan. A journal number will be generated by the bank authorities upon payment of the application fees. The bank will keep the bank copy of the challan while the applicants will be given the candidates copy. All of the applicants will have to ensure that the journal number is written on the applicant’s copy along with the seal of the bank. If any applicant fails to pay the application fees, then his/her application form will be rejected.
|S.NO||Category of Applicants||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|1||Unreserved + Reserved Category||Rs. 250|
AFMC MBBS 2017 Merit List
The admission committee of Armed Forces will be releasing the merit list consisting of the names of all qualified applicants and their ranks. The merit list of AFMC MBBS Admission 2017 will be released tentatively in the 3rd week of July, 2017. According to the ranking of the applicant in the merit list, applicants will be called in for the counselling session. The merit list will be based on the scores that the applicants secured in NEET 2017.
AFMC MBBS 2017 Counselling
The selected applicants will be called in for counselling of AFMC MBBS 2017. The counselling session will be held tentatively in the 5th week of July at the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The applicants will be called for counselling according to their ranking in the merit list. During the counselling, the applicants will have to undergo a computer based test. The scores of the test will be added to the NEET 2017 scores and seats will be allotted to high-ranking applicants.
According to the ranking of the applicants in the released merit list, counselling will be done. The applicants will have to qualify a Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (TOELR) which is a computer based test. The final merit list will be obtained by adding the TOELR marks and NEET 2017 scores. After the successful completion of the test, the applicants will have to undergo document verification. After verification of documents, the admission committee will release two merit lists, one for boys and one for girls, and these applicants will be allotted seats in AFMC. Individual call letters of admission will be available in the login id of selected applicants.
The final step for the confirmation of admission is the medical examination of the applicants. All applicants will have to undergo the medical examination as per the requirement of the Armed Forces. The applicants who are declared medically unfit will not be granted admission.
List of Documents to be submitted for Verification
- AFMC MBBS 2017 Application Form
- 10th Standard Pass Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- 10th and 10+2th standard Marks Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate signed by School/College Principal
- 2 self addressed envelopes of size 11×5 inch, including one duly “Registered” and stamped worth Rs. 35.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Certificate from school principal of the applicant certifying that the applicants appeared in 12th examination but results are still awaited (if applicable)
- NCC Certificate (if any)
- Certificate of extracurricular activities and level of representation.
All applicants who are admitted to AFMC will have to serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services would be 7 years.
Officer-in-Charge, Admission Cell
Armed Forces Medical College,
Pune – 411 040
This article is based on previous year’s information. Keep tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for more updates about AFMC MBBS Admission 2017