AIIMS MBBS 2017 Counselling will be held for all medical aspirants who successfully qualify the entrance examination. The All India Institute of Medical Science will be conducting the first round of counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2017 from July 3, 2017 till July 6, 2017. All candidates who will manage to secure the minimum required score as prescribed by the institution will be called in for the counselling and seat allotment process. The minimum cutoff for the counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2017 is 50% for the General Category, 45% for Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) and 40% for Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste. For candidates of OPH category, the cutoffs remain the same as that of the respective category. The names of the candidates who secure the required percentile in accordance to the minimum cutoff will be released in the merit list by AIIMS. Read the article given below for AIIMS MBBS 2017 Counselling.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Counselling Dates
The counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2017 will start from July 3, 2017. Listed below are some of the important tentative counselling dates of AIIMS MBBS 2017.
|1||Round 1 of Counselling||July 3 to July 6, 2017|
|2||Round 2 of Counselling||August 3, 2017|
|3||Round 3 of Counselling||September 4, 2017|
|4||Open Round of Counselling (if applicable)||September 27, 2017|
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2017 Round 1
Step 1 – Counselling Procedure
- AIIMS will be releasing the merit list based on the percentile scores achieved by the candidates. AIIMS MBBS 2017 merit list will be released category wise: Common merit list, Scheduled Caste merit list, Scheduled Tribe merit list and Other Backward Classes list.
- Candidates will be called in for counselling according to the merit list.
- The counselling process will start from July 3, 2017. The counselling will take place in AIIMS, New Delhi.
- In each category, the total number of candidate to be called for counselling will be 4 times the number of seats available in each category.
Step 2: AIIMS Counselling Letter & Documents to be Submitted
- The counselling call letters are sent to the qualified candidates individually. Candidates can also download their call letters online by logging into their profile.
- Qualified candidates attending the counselling process are required to bring some documents for verification. Failure to bring the documents will result in the candidate getting disqualified.
- Counselling call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- AIIMS 2017 Admit Card
- Certificate/Mark Sheet of 10+2 or equivalent examination
- Proof of Date of Birth – Birth Certificate or 10+2 certificate
- Category certificates from a recognized authority confirming the candidate’s category.
- Migration certificate from university last attended
- 6 recent passport size photos
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Step 3 – Counselling Process
- All candidates have to be physically present during counselling. Failure to be present will disqualify them.
- The unreserved category candidates will be called in first to fill the seats during the counselling process. During this time, candidates will be called in based on their merit irrespective of their categories.
- Next, reservation category candidates will be called in to fill up the seats in their respective categories. If a candidate belonging to the reserved category, who had taken admission from the open competition, opts for another institution of his/her choice for which he/she is eligible, then the vacated seat in the open competition will be filled by a candidate from the same reservation category on the basis of merit.
- All reserved category candidates who qualify for the general counselling will attend the counselling and choose his/her options. However, if the candidate wishes to take up a different institute under his/her reserved category, the candidate can attend that counselling too.
- Till the last unreserved seat is filled, candidates will be called in for counselling based strictly on their merit irrespective of their category.
- In case during the open selection, if any ST seat remains vacant, it will be transferred to SC Category and vice versa. If both SC/ST seats remain vacant, then the seats are transferred to the general category. Similarly. If OBC seats remain vacant, the seats are transferred to the general category.
- The selected candidates will be required to report for the medical examination at AIIMS, New Delhi, which will held on July 7 & 8, 2017, for the first round of counselling.
Step 4 – Admission and Payment of Fees
After the counselling process, successful candidates are allotted seats among the seven institutes of AIIMS. Candidates will have to pay the fees immediately after being allotted seats. Payment of fees is to be done by cash.
|S.NO||ACADEMIC & OTHER FEES||AMOUNT|
|5||Student Union Fee||63.00|
|S.NO||HOSTEL & OTHER FEES||AMOUNT|
|5||Mess Security (Refundable)||500.00|
|6||Hostel Security (Refundable)||1000.00|
Counselling Process of AIIMS MBBS 2017 – Round 2
- The second round of counselling will be held on August 3, 2017. The second round of counselling will be held if there are seats still available after the first round of counselling.
- The process of the second round of counselling will remain the same as round one.
Counselling Process of AIIMS MBBS 2017 – Round 3
- The third round of counselling will be held if there are still seats available for admission on September 4, 2017.
- No individual call letters will be sent to the candidates for the third round. Candidates will have to download the call letter online.
- Counselling process of the third round will remain the same as the previous two rounds.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Open Counselling
- Open counselling will be held on September 27, 2017 if some vacant seats are still left.
- In reserved categories, if there are any vacant seats in one category, it can be shifted to the other category. In case all categories have vacant seats, it can be transferred to unreserved category.
- The process of counselling will remain the same.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Seat Allocation
As per the official notifications, the total number of seats in AIIMS has been increased. There are 07 number of seats for foreign national candidates. For the current academic session, the total number of seats in AIIMS, New Delhi is 107. Check the total number of seats from the table below.
|S.NO||Name of the Institution||Total Seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|1||AIIMS, New Delhi||107||50||27||15||8|
Note: 03% of the seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped candidates.