AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling – The counselling of AIIMS PG 2017 will commence from June 5, 2017. It will be organised for the candidates who qualified AIIMS PG 2017 July session. The result of AIIMS PG 2017 July session has been declared, the link to check and download the result is being provided below. The candidates should note that there are total number of 190 seats in MD/MS and MDS courses across 5 AIIMS in India. Selected candidates will need to opt out of available choices as per the order of the rank secured and accordingly admission will be offered. AIIMS PG Counselling 2017 will be conducted in two rounds. The second round of the counselling will commence from June 13, 2017. After the completion of first and second round open round of counselling will be conducted if seats remained vacant. Also, the documents of the selected candidates will be verified before the final seat allotment. In the article below, detailed AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling procedure is being elaborated.
Important – All the candidates who are selected for the counselling will need to deposit their registration slip by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the counselling along with all the original documents. Necessary documents to be deposited are listed in the article below.
Latest: AIIMS PG 2017 July session Result declared
Important Dates of AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling
The All India Institute of Medical Science will start the counselling process of AIIMS PG 2017 from June 5, 2017. Below are the dates related to the counselling of AIIMS PG 2017.
|1.||Declaration of AIIMS PG 2017 Result||May 13, 2017|
|2.||First Round of Counselling||June 5, 2017|
|3.||Second Round of Counselling||June 13, 2017|
|4.||Open Round of Counselling (Tentative)||August 25, 2017|
|5.||Spot Counselling by Respective AIIMS (if seats are still vacant after Open Counselling) (Tentative)||To be decided later by the respective AIIMS.|
AIIMS PG 2017 Participating Institutes
AIIMS will be providing admissions to eligible students among the five AIIMS institutes offering postgraduate courses across the nation. Currently, AIIMS New Delhi provides 155 postgraduate seats whereas the other four AIIMS institutes in total offers 35 postgraduate seats.
||No of Seats|
|1.||AIIMS, New Delhi||155|
The candidates will need to secure a minimum of 50 percentile in the entrance examination, irrespective of their category, to qualify the exam. The merit list of the qualified candidates will be based on the percentile scores secured by the candidates in the examination. All candidates who have higher percentile will be ranked higher in the merit list of AIIMS PG 2017.
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling Procedure
Step 1 – Counselling Letter
The counselling call letter for all qualified will be issued by the admission committee of AIIMS PG 2017.
- Click on the link provided on this page to download the counselling call letter
- Enter the login details – Roll Number and Date of Birth
- The counselling letter will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to download and print the letter for future use.
Step 2 – Counselling Procedure
- The first round of the counseling has been conducted successfully.
- The second round of the counselling will commence from December 22, 2016.
- The number of candidates called for counselling in each category will be 8 times the number of seats.
- The counselling will be done strictly on the basis of the combined merit list.
Step 3: Counselling Process
- For the counselling process, all candidates will have to be present physically.
- Counselling will be done on the basis of the combined merit list.
- In the order of their rank, the candidates will be exercising their choice of subjects according to the availability.
- If a candidate wants subject ‘A’ and it is not available in his/her rank then the candidate can choose ‘B’ provisionally. The provisional seat will be confirmed only in the second counselling.
- When a reserved category candidate is called from the combined merit list, the candidate has the choice to choose his/her subject in the unreserved and reserved category.
- If the choice of the reserved category is available from both reserved and unreserved seats, then the candidate will be given the seat from the unreserved category. The candidate will be allotted seat from the reserved category only if the seat is not available from the unreserved category and is available from the reserved category.
- Counselling for the reserved category will start only after all the seats of the unreserved category are finished.
Step 4: Document Verification, Medical Examination & Payment of Fees
The candidates will need to produce the registration slip along with all the other original documents listed below by the 9:00 a.m. on the day of the counselling.
- AIIMS PG 2017 Rank Card
- AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS (1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examination)
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council
- Internship Completion Certificate from the head of the institution/college from where the candidate was completing the internship.
- Birth Proof – Birth certificate of Higher Secondary certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/PH certificates from a competent authority (if applicable)
After being allotted seats, candidates will have to go through a medical examination by a Medical Board constituted by the Institute. Biometric verification will also be done on the candidates. The candidates will have to pay the fees to secure their allotted seats.
|1.||Registration Fee||Rs. 25||Rs. 25|
|2.||Tuition Fees||Rs. 702||Rs. 1050|
|3.||Laboratory Fees||Rs. 120||Rs.120|
|4.||Pot Money||Rs. 720||Rs.720|
|6.||Electricity||Rs. 240||Rs. 240|
|7.||Gymkhana Fees||Rs. 120||Rs. 120/Rs. 100|
|8.||Caution Money||To be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute’s equipment.|
|9.||Hostel Security||Rs. 1000 (Refundable)||Rs. 1000 (Refundable)|
Seat position of AIIMS-PG January 2017 session
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling Round 2
- The second round of AIIMS PG 2017 counselling will commence from June 13, 2017
- Candidates who will not take any seat provisionally but wants to come for the 2nd counselling will be eligible for Round 2 of AIIMS PG 2017 counselling.
- All seats in the second round of counselling will be confirmed seats.
- The process of the second round of counselling will be same as that of the first round.
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling Open Round
- Open counselling for AIIMS PG 2017 will be held if there are still vacant seats left after the second round.
- Candidates who will be interested in attending the open counselling will need to register themselves in the official AIIMS website.
- The applicants for open counselling will have to produce the slip generated to them during registration along with the other documents during verification.
- The process of the open round of counselling will be the same as the previous two rounds.
AIIMS PG 2017 Spot Counselling
- If there are still seats available after open counselling, then the AIIMS institutes respectively conduct their own spot counselling.
- The information regarding AIIMS PG 2017 will be released in the newspaper and website when it is released.
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling Important Points
- During open counselling, if any ST seat remains vacant, then the seat will be transferred to the SC category and vice versa. If both SC/ST seats remain vacant, then it is transferred to the General category. Similarly, if OBC seats remain unfilled, it is transferred to the General category.
- Any candidates whose original certificates are submitted in another college/institution will be allowed to attend the first counselling provided he/she brings a certificate from the said college regarding deposition of documents in that college. The seat provided to him/her will be provisional.
- In case a candidate is not present physically due to some unavoidable circumstances for the 1st counselling, then his/her authorized representative may participate with an undertaking and allotment letter along with the original documents.
- If a candidate fails to attend the first round of counselling, then he/she will not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
- Any candidate who has already completed studying MD/MS/MDS at the time of admission will be disqualified.
- Candidates who registered for the open counselling will not be allowed to attend the counselling without the registration slip.