AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment – The result of the first round of the AIIMS PG 2017 seat allotment has been issued by the All India Institute of Medical Science. The candidates can check the updated seat matrix for the MD/MS/MDS/DM/Mch courses on this page. The second round of the seat allotment will start on Dec 22, 2016. The seats are being offered to the qualified candidates as per the order of the merit list. The candidates have to be present at the specified venue and time. If after the second round of the seat allotment, seat remains vacant, open round of the counselling will be held. For the details like procedure, schedules and all the other information related to the AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment, read the article in detail.
AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment Dates
Below is the schedule as per which the seat allotment procedure of the AIIMS PG will be carried out
|1.||1st round of the seat allotment||December 14, 2016|
|2.||2nd round of the seat allotment||December 22, 2016|
|3.||Open round of the seat allotment||February 24, 2017|
AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment – Rules and Norms
Below are the rules and norms of AIIMS PG that will be followed at the time of the seat allocation.
- For AIIMS PG Seat Allocation, the candidates will be called as per the order of the names in the merit list.
- In each category, the number of candidates called for the procedure of the seat allotment will be 8 times to the number of seats available.
- Firstly, the seat allotment for the general candidates will be held.
- In case, any candidate is absent, the next candidate in the order of the merit list will be considered.
- If the candidate of a reserved category is called in the counselling of general category, he/she will exercise the choices in both the categories, reserved as well as unreserved. Such candidate will be allocated the unreserved seat only until and unless the desired subject is not available in the general category. The candidate will be allocated seat in the quota category if the subject is available in the reserved category.
- After the completion of the general quota seat allotment, the reserved category candidates will be called for the seat allocation.
- Also, after the seat allotment of the reserved quota if the seat remains vacant in any of the following categories SC/ST/OBC, it will be allocated to the general candidates.
- Submission of all the necessary documents is mandatory for all the category candidates.
- If due to any critical situation, the candidate is not able to participate in the 1st round of the seat allotment. The representative of the candidate needs to be present with the authority letter for allotment. If the candidate took admission in any other institute, a provisional seat will be allocated to him/her. The seat will be confirmed only when the candidate attends the second round of the seat allotment along with all the necessary documents and resignation acceptance letter/order issued by that college.
If the candidates do not join the college on allocated date, the admission will be Cancelled. Also, the fee will not be refunded.
AIIMS PG Seat allotment is the part of AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling, the candidates should also have the detail idea of the counselling procedure.
Seat position of AIIMS-PG January 2017 session
AIIMS PG 2017 1st round of the Seat Allotment
Below are the important points related to the first round of the AIIMG PG 2017 Seat Allotment
- The candidate who has been confirmed the seat in the first round will not be eligible to participate in the second round.
- The candidate may select the seat and subject as per the order of the merit list. However, if the desired subject is not available, any other subject can be chosen by the candidates but the seat will be confirmed only in the second round of the seat allotment.
- The candidate who does not opt for the provisional seat will be eligible to participate in the second round of the seat allotment
- After the confirmation of the seat, the candidates need to deposit the fee. In case, the fee is not deposited, the admission will be cancelled. Also, such candidate will not be eligible for the second round of the seat allocation
AIIMS PG 2017 2nd round of the Seat Allotment
- The candidates will be allocated only those subjects in the second round which they opted in the first round.
- If the candidates eligible for the second round of the counselling did not appeared in this round, the candidature will be cancelled.
AIIMS PG 2017 Open round of the Seat Allotment
- The open round of the seat allotment will be held if seat remained vacant after the second round of the seat allotment.
- The candidates willing to participate in the open round of the seat allotment will have to register themselves separately. The time span for the registration will be notified by the official authority. The candidates need to keep the registration slip carefully they received at the time of registration as they need to produce it at the time of the seat allotment
Important Documents of AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment
The candidates need to bring the following document with them at the time of the seat allotment
- Matriculation certificate
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC, if applicable)
- MBBS/BDS mark sheet Degree, Internship completion certificate, Permanent medical Registration certificate (including separate mark sheet for each of the professional examination)
Important Points of AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allotment
Below are the important points required to be taken in view by the candidates
- At the time of the seat allocation, the biometrics of the candidate will be done and it will be confirmed at the time of the joining
- In case, of any doubt about the identity of the candidate, the admission will be provided provisionally.
- Such candidates will have to be present in front of the counselling committee next day after the seat allocation. The decision regarding the admission of such candidate will be taken at that time only.
- In case of being absent, the candidate will not be eligible for the second round of the counselling.