AIIMS PG 2017 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi was held the AIIMS PG 2017 on May 7, 2017, to offer admission to MD/MS and MDS courses. The result of AIIMS PG 2017 July session has also been declared on May 13 in the online mode. The candidates appeared in exam can use the link provided below to check and download the result. There is approximately 183 MD/MS and 7 MDS seats in 5 AIIMS across the Nation. AIIMS conducts the entrance examination twice in a year to offer admission in post graduate degree/diploma clinical and basic clinical courses. The AIIMS PG 2017 counselling will be organised for the qualified candidates from June 5, 2017. For the complete details like merit list, counselling, seat allotment of AIIMS PG 2017 July session, read the article below.
Latest: AIIMS PG Result (July Session) available here
Below is the official schedule of AIIMS PG 2017 for the July session. The candidates must go through the important dates of AIIMS PG to avoid missing any crucial event.
|1.||Opening of application procedure for the MD/MS/MDS||March 08, 2017|
|2.||Availability of correction window AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form||Mid March 2017|
|3.||Closure of application procedure of MD/MS/MDS||March 29, 2017, at 05:00 pm|
|4.||Issuance of AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card||April 25, 2017|
|5.||Entrance examination for MD/MS/MDS||May 07th 2017, (from 10:00am to 01:00pm, Sunday)|
|6.||Entrance examination for MDS||May 07th 2017 (from 10:00am to 11:30am, Sunday)|
|7.||AIIMS PG 2017 Result (July session)||May 13th, 2017 (Saturday)|
|8.||First Round of Counselling||June 5th, 2017 (Monday)|
|9.||Second Round of Counselling||June 13th, 2017 (Tuesday)|
|10.||Open Round of Counselling||August 24th, 2017 (Thursday)|
The cutoff for AIIMS PG 2017 is 50th percentile to be obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates scoring less than this will not be eligible for admissions. The Merit List will be based on the percentile scores of the candidates.
AIIMS PG 2017 July session result has been announced on May 13, 2017, in the online mode. It is available in the pdf format, the link to check and download AIIMS PG 2017 result is provided on this page. Admission to post graduate courses will be offered on the basis of rank secured by the qualified candidates.
AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Matrix
Below are the number of seats offered in post graduate courses across 5 AIIMS
|AIIMS New Delhi||148||7|
The first round of the counselling of AIIMS PG 2017 will commence from June 5, 2017. The candidates listed in the AIIMS PG 2017 Merit list will be called for the counselling procedure. AIIMS will organise the two rounds of the counselling and if after that seats remain vacant, Open round of the counselling will be held.
AIIMS PG 2017 Subject and Speciality
AIIMS PG Subject and Speciality: The entrance examination of AIIMS PG 2017 was held for the intake of admissions into the courses of MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, MDS courses. The various subjects and specialities under the courses are as follows:
|3.||Dermatology and Venereology|
|8.||Obst. and Gynecology|
|13.||Phy. Med. and Rehabilitation|
|Basic Clinical Sciences|
|29.||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
AIIMS PG 2017 Contract/Bond
Candidates joining the post graduate medical course in AIIMS will have to sign a contract. Below are the important elements of this contract
- The junior resident will be on contract service for three years in AIIMS.
- The original certificates of the admitted candidates will be retained by AIIMS. It will not be returned before the completion of course else the candidate deposits a sum of Rs. 1,00,000/-
- If the admitted candidate leaves the course in between, he/she will have to pay Rs.1,00,000/- as compensation
Candidates applying for the AIIMS PG 2017 exam should ensure they meet the given eligibility criteria to be able to avail admissions to the MD/MS/MDS courses.
- Candidates must possess an MBBS/BDS degree from a college or University, recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidates should have also completed the compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training of 12 months on or before 30th January 2017.
- The candidates must have also scored an aggregate of 55% in their qualifying degree (SC/ST candidates must have scored 50%)
The admit card of AIIMS PG 2017 has been released on April 25, 2017, in the online mode. The candidates can access the link provided on this page and download the admit card. In order to download the AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card, applicants will need their enrolment number and date of birth. Admit Card is a very important document, all the candidates will need to bring it on the day of the examination. The admit has to be produced in the hard copy, candidates advised checking the admit card properly and in the case of any discrepancy, report to the admission authority. Keep AIIMS PG 2017 admit card very carefully as it will be required at the time of counselling and admission procedure.
In the previous session, AIIMS PG 2017 was held in 24 test cities on, the notification regarding the July session exam centre is yet to release. For the detailed information on AIIMS PG 2017 Exam Centre, the candidates can click on the heading of the paragraph. All the applicants will have to enter the exam centre at the time of filling the application form.
The pattern of AIIMS PG 2017 is as below:
|Mode||Computer Based Test||Computer Based Test|
|Duration||3 hours||1 hours and 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||200 questions||90 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type||Multiple choice type|
|Marks per question||1 marks||1 marks|
|Negative marking per question||1/3 marks||1/3 marks|
The syllabus of AIIMS PG was exactly the same as that taught at MBBS level. The guideline of MCI regarding the syllabus will be followed.
With the help of the AIIMS PG 2017 sample paper, the candidates can prepare themselves for the upcoming entrance examination. To enhance the speed and accuracy level, it is important to solve as many sample paper as possible. To access the AIIMS PG 2017 Sample paper, click on the heading of the paragraph.
The application form of AIIMS PG 2017 will be available from March 08, 2017. The last date to register will be March 29, 2017. The candidates will need to fill and submit the AIIMS PG 2017 application form in online mode. Below are the steps to be followed to fill the form.
- Firstly the Candidates need to register and enter their personal, contact details.
- The Candidates ID and password will be sent to the candidates after registration
- Candidates must use these to log in to enter their qualification details and pay the fees.
- Fees to be paid are Rs 1000 (Rs 800 for SC/ST). Payment mode is online only.
- Candidates must then choose their exam centre and upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- Candidates must then submit the form and take a printout of the application form
Guidelines for Images:
- A recent colour passport size photograph with white background taken within 6 months prior from September 6, 2016
- Dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5*4.5 cms (width*height).
- File formats must be jpg/ jpeg, gif, png only and file size between 10 KB to 100 KB
Signature & Thumb Impression:
- File formats must be jpg/ jpeg, gif, png only
- Allowed file size is between 10 KB to 50 KB