AMU MBBS Admission 2017 – Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is a Central University established by an Act of Parliament. There are 145 MBBS and 35 BDS seats offered by AMU. The online registrations for AMU MBBS admission have started from May 1, 2017. Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS and BDS courses from Aligarh Muslim University has to submit AMU MBBS application form before June 25, 2017. The counselling of AMU MBBS 2017 will commence in the month of July. Admission to MBBS and BDS courses is to be done on the basis of NEET 2017 Score (single window medical entrance exam). AMU MBBS Admission 2017 for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses will be offered through common counselling, conducted by UP NEET (Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, Uttar Pradesh). It is the designated authority that will hold counselling for all the medical and dental institutes in Uttar Pradesh. However, Central University like AMU reserves the right to release the application form as there is no state quota in such institutes and domicile of any state is eligible to apply. For the complete details on AMU MBBS Admission 2017, read the article below.
Salient Features of AMU MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination: National Eligibility Entrance Cum Test (NEET)
Counselling Body – Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, Uttar Pradesh
Number of seats – 145 MBBS + 35 BDS
Courses offered – MBBS and BDS
Duration of the courses:
MBBS: 4 and a half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
BDS: 4 years + 1 year of rotational internship
The application process of AMU MBBS 2017 started on May 1. The candidates interested in participating in the admission process can go through AMU MBBS important dates table provided below.
|1.||Availability of the online application form||May 1, 2017|
|2.||Last date to fill and submit the application form||June 25, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of AMU MBBS 2017 Merit list||1st week of July 2017|
|4.||AMU MBBS 2017 Counselling||2nd week of July 2017|
In order to be eligible to apply for the Aligarh Muslim University, the candidates will have to fulfil the listed conditions.
- The candidate should be an Indian national
- The applicant must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission
- The applicant must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2
- It is mandatory for the candidates to possess 50% marks in the qualifying examination
- It is mandatory for all the applicants to appear and qualify NEET 2017
Note: The candidates from all across the country will be eligible to apply for the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) as it formed under the central legislation act. There is no state quota seats in the institute.
The application form of AMU MBBS 2017 is available from May 1, 2017. The last date to fill and submit the application form is June 25. Below are the steps to be followed to register for AMU MBBS 2017
- Click on the link provided on this page.
- The candidates will be directed to AMU MBBS registrtation page.
- Now, register to create the user Id.
- The candidates will need to set username and password to register.
- After registering, the candidtaes will be redirected to the AMU MBBS 2017 application form
- Enter the personal, academic and address details in the application form.
- After providing the above details, upload photo, signature and thumb impression.
- Select the MBBS/BDS course from the drop down menu.
- Now, pay the application fee Rs. 500 via any of the following modes, Internet Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
After the registration process is over, AMU will hand over the details of the registered candiadtes to UP NEET and it will be process the information to form a common state merit list. Based on the order of the merit position the qualified candidates will be offered admission in MBBS and BDS courses.
The counselling to offer admission into the MBBS courses of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will be conducted by the Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, UP. It is the common counselling that will be organised to offer admission into the medical and dental institutes of Uttar Pradesh. The admission into MBBS and BDS course will be offered based on the merit position of the candidates. The counselling procedure will be carried out in the online mode. To participate in the online counselling process, the candidates need to register first. After that, they have to select the preferences of courses and name of the colleges. Based on the choices execised and rank of the candidate, admission will be allotted to the eligible candidtaes.
Click here to know detailed procedure of AMU MBBS Counselling – UP MBBS 2017 Counselling
Stay with http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/ for latest updates on AMU MBBS 2017
For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below