AP MBBS Admission 2017 – The admission procedure into the medical and dental colleges of the Andhra Pradesh will begin from the month of June, 2017. There are total 11 government and 13 private medical colleges in the Andhra Pradesh. The AP MBBS Admission 2017 will be held on the basis of the NEET 2017 score. Only those candidates who will qualify NEET will be eligible to apply. Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University (JNTU) will organise the counselling for the 100% state quota seats in government medical/dental institutes of Andhra Pradesh. The counselling of private deemed and central universities will also be held by JNTU. For the detailed information like schedule, eligibility criteria, application procedure of the AP MBBS 2017 Admission, read the article below.
Important Note – In Andhra Pradesh, there are no seats reserved for the All India Quota. 100% seat in medical and dental institutes comes under state Quota. Also, candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh will not be eligible to apply for the 15% All India Quota of medical/dental institutes situated outside Andhra Pradesh. However, the candidates who are not domiciled (born in the state) in Andhra Pradesh and have been only living in the state for a while can apply for All India Quota along with a self declaration form. Such candidates will be not be eligible to apply for one of the medical/dental institutes of Andhra Pradesh.
Salient Features of AP MBBS Admission 2017
Entrance Examination – There is no state level examination as the admission will be offered on the basis of NEET 2017 score
Counselling Body – Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
Admission level – State level
Courses offered– MBBS and BDS
Number of Seats:
- MBBS – 1750 Government seats + 1500 Private seats
- BDS – 140 Government seats + 1050 Private seats
Duration of the Courses:
- MBBS – 4 and a half years + 1 year of the rotational internship
- BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational internship
Important dates of AP MBBS Admission 2017
|1.||Opening date for the online registration||June 2017|
|2.||Last date for the AP MBBS 2017 registration||June 2017|
|3.||Announcement of the AP MBBS 2017 Merit list||June 2017|
|4.||AP MBBS 2017 Counselling||July 2017|
Participating institutes of AP MBBS 2017 and number of seats
Below is the list of government and private colleges of the Andhra Pradesh along with the number of seats available in each college
Government Medical Colleges
|Name of the colleges||Number of seats|
|Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada (SW)||150|
|Andhra Medical College, Maharani Peta,Visakhapatnam||200|
|Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada||200|
|Guntur Medical College, Guntur.||200|
|Rajiv Institute of Medical Sciences, Srikakulam||100|
|Rajiv Institute of Medical Sciences, Ongole||100|
|S.V. Medical College, Alipiri Road, Tirupathi-517 507||200|
|Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool||200|
|Government Medical College, GovernmentGen. Hosp. Road, Ananthapur||100|
|Rajiv Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa||150|
|ACR Government Medical College, Nellore||150|
Private Medical Colleges
|Name of the colleges||Number of the seats|
|Alluri Sitarama Raju Academy of MedicalSciences, Eluru- W.G. Dist||150|
|Katuri Medical College, Chinakondrupadu-522 019, Guntur Dist.||150|
|Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Inst. of Med.Sciences, Gannavaram, Krishna Dt.||150|
|G.S.L. Medical College, NH-5, Laxmipuram,Rajahmundry||150|
|NRI Academy of Medical Sciences,Chinkakani, Guntur||150|
|Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences,Nellimarla, Vizianagaram||0|
|Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences,Amalapuram||150|
|NRI Institute of Medical Sciences,Visakhapatnam||0|
|Great Eastern Medical School, Srikakulam||100|
|Narayana Medical College, Chinta ReddyPalem, Nellore-524 002||250|
|PES Institute of Medical Sciences, Kuppam||150|
|Santhiram Medical College, Nandyal, Kurnool||100|
|Viswabharati Medical College, Kurnool||0|
Government Dental Colleges
|Name of the colleges||Number of the seats|
|Government Dental College and Hospital, Gunadala,Vijayawada||40|
|Rajiv Institute of Dental Sciences,Kadapa||100|
Private Dental colleges
|Name of the colleges||Number of seats|
|Drs. Sudha & Nageswara RaoSiddhartha Inst. of Dental Sci.,Gannavaram.||100|
|GITAM Dental College, Rushikonda,Visakhapatnam||100|
|St. Joseph Dental College, Duggirala,Eluru, West Godavari District||100|
|Vishnu Dental College, Bhimavaram,W.G.||100|
|Sri Sai Dental College & ResearchInstitute, Chapuram, Srikakulum||100|
|GSL Dental College, Rajahmundry||100|
|Anil neeru Konda Instiutte of DentalSciences, Visakhapatnam||100|
|Konaseema Inst. Of Dental Sciences,Amalapuram||100|
|C.K.S. Teja Institute of DentalSciences, Renigunta Road, Tirupath||100|
|G. Pulla Reddy Dental College,Kurnool||50|
|Narayana Dental College,Chintareddy Palem, Nellore||100|
Registration procedure of AP MBBS Admission 2017
Follow the steps given below to register for the AP MBBS Admission 2017
- The application form will be available in the online mode
- The payment for the registration charges can be made by any of the following methods AP Online /TS Online/ E-Seva / Mee Seva or Debit / Credit Card.
- The candidates need to fill all the details in the registration form.
- Also, the candidates need to take print of the AP MBBS 2017 Application Form.
Eligibility Criteria of AP MBBS Admission 2017
The applicants need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for the AP MBBS 2017 Admission
- The candidate must have attained the age of 17 by December 31, 2017.
- The candidate should be Indian/ person of Indian origin/ Overseas Citizens of India
- The applicant should be the registered citizen of the Andhra Pradesh
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) / Biotechnology and English.
- The candidates need to secure minimum qualifying percentage in 10+2 in their respective category. Below is the minimum qualifying percentage in 10+2.
Category Qualifying percentage OC 50% BC/SC/ST 40% OC/PH 45%
Reservation of Seats in AP MBBS 2017
Below is the seats reserved under AP MBBS 2017
|S. No.||Category||Percentage of reservation|
|4.||Backward Classes – 29%||BC-A -7%BC-B-10%|
AP MBBS 2017 Counselling
Following are the steps to be followed in the counselling procedure of AP MBBS 2017
- This must be noted that that AP MBBS counselling will be held in the online mode.
- Document of the registered candidates will be verified before the counselling at the designated help centres.
- Firstly, the registered candidates have to exercise the filling and locking of choices.
- In order to exercise the option the candidates need to enter the Hall Ticket number, registration, password and date of birth.
- If all the entered details are correct, the available choices of the courses and colleges will appear on the screen
- It is advised to the candidate to go through the codes of the colleges before exercising the options.
- The candidates can select, delete, change and save the options as per the convenience.
- After this, the candidates have to take the print out of selected and saved choices.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates according to the choices selected.
- Seat allotment done in the web counselling will be final and cannot be changed
- The candidates will be charged RS.100,000 as the cancellation fee in case they cancelled the admission
University Fee:- Rs. 9,600/- for both MBBS and BDS Courses have to pay letter through payment Gateway by using Online payment method Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking)
Necessary documents required at the time of the AP MBBS 2017 Counselling
Below are are important documents to be produced at the time of the document verification.
- Aadhaar Card of the candidates
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- Class 10th documents or Birth Certificate
- Marks sheet of class 12th/ equivalent
- Transfer certificate from the institute last attended
- Study certificate from class 6th to intermediate
- Candidates completed their education outside Andhra Pradesh/Telangana are required to submit 10 years residence certificate issued by MRO/Tahsildar.
- Candidates claiming reservation under special category should submit a certificate in support.
- The Permanent Caste Certificate has to be submitted if claiming reservation under BC/SC/ST category. It should be issued by an officer prescribed.
- For fee exemption, candidates need to submit latest Income certificate of the parents as issued by MRO/Tahsildar.
Merit list of AP MBBS 2017
Below are the important points related to the merit list of AP MBBS 2017
- The merit list of the AP MBBS 2017 will be derived out of the NEET 2017 Merit list
- The seats will be allocated as per the order of the merit list.
A.P. State Council of Higher Education
1st Floor, Masab Tank,
Mahaveer Marg, Opp. Mahaveer Hospital Hyderabad – 500 028