APMEDCO Admission 2017 – Admission procedure into the private medical, dental and un-aided non-minority colleges of the Andhra Pradesh will be organised by the APMEDCO (Andhra Pradesh Private Medical Colleges and Dental Association). It will be compulsory for all the candidates to qualify the NEET 2017 in order to apply for the APMEDCO Admission 2017. The registration process is expected to commence in the month of June, 2017. For the detailed schedule, eligibility criteria, application procedure, participating institutes, reservation of seats and counselling procedure of APMEDCO Admission 2017, read the article in detail.
All the candidates interested to apply for the APMEDCO will need to appear and qualify NEET 2017, otherwise they will not be eligible to participate in the admission procedure.
Salient features of APMEDCO Admission 2017
Entrance examination : There will not be any entrance examination as the admission will be offered on the basis of NEET 2017
Counselling body : Committee appointed by APMDCMA
Courses offered : MBBS and BDS
Duration of course :
- MBBS – 4 and half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
- BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational internship
APMEDCO 2017 Important Dates
The candidates should keep track of all the important dates of the admission procedure. For now, the tentative schedule of the APMEDCO Admission is being provided. However, the schedule will be updated as soon as the latest notification is issued
|1.||Availability of the application form||June, 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form||June, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of APMEDCO 2017 Merit list||July, 2017|
|4.||APMEDCO 2017 Counselling||July, 2017|
APMEDCO 2017 Participating institutes
There are 14 medical and 12 dental colleges under APMEDCO. All these colleges are private institutes that offers admission on the basis of NEET score.
APMEDCO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the APMEDCO 2017 will need to fulfill the given set of criteria
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission
- Age will be calculated from the date of birth as indicated on 10th certificate, there will not be any relaxation in age
- The candidate will need to score 50th percentile in NEET 2017 in order to be eligible to participate in the admission procedure. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes, will need to secure 40th percentile. Also, it is advised to the candidates to go through NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates securing less than 50% in 10+2 will not be eligible to apply. In case of BC, SC and ST, the minimum qualifying marks will be 40%
- Apart from the criteria mentioned here, other regulation prescribed by the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India/Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will need to be fulfilled by the candidates.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2
- The candidates who studied 10+2 from outside Andhra Pradesh will need to submit the certificate that the qualification possessed is equivalent to or higher than Intermediate examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate who studied 10+2 from outside India will need to submit the certificate issued by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and Eligibility / Equivalence certificate issued from the Board of Intermediate Education of Andhra Pradesh to the effect that the qualification possessed is equivalent to or higher than Intermediate examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Andhra Pradesh
Seats reserved under APMEDCO Admission 2017
The reservation is offered to the various category candidates. Below is reservation weightage offered to the different category candidates under APMEDCO Admission 2017
|S. No.||Category||Reservation Percentage|
|1.||Convener Quota – “A” category||50%|
|2.||Management Quota – “B” category||35%|
|3.||NRI Quota – “C” category||15%|
APMEDCO 2017 Application Procedure
- The application form of the APMEDO 2017 will be available in the online mode. It is advised to the candidates to ensure their eligibility status before applying. The candidates will need to fill and submit he application form as per the prescribed schedule.
- The link to the application form for the “B” category candidates will be provided here. The applicant will need to click on the given link.
- The registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the personal, educational and address details in the application form.
- The registration charges for the “B” category candidates is Rs. 2,000.
- This must be noted that the candidates will need their NEET Rank card at the time entering details in the registration form.
- After providing all the details and submitting the online application form, it is advised to the candidates o download the copy of the application form.
- The candidates must note that they will need to fill and submit the NEET 2017 Application Form in order to appear for the single window entrance exam
APMEDCO 2017 Merit list
- The merit list of the APMEDCO 2017 will be derived out of NEET 2017 Merit list
- The merit list will be issued in the online mode, the candidates can avail it from here as well after its announced.
- The merit list will be issued category wise and accordingly the seats will be allocated to the candidates.
- The All India Quota candidates will be offered seats through NEET 2017 Counselling
APMEDCO 2017 Counselling
- The counselling will be held in the offline mode, it is mandatory for the candidates to present at the time of the counselling.
- The committee for the counselling will be appointed by the APMDCMA.
- The counselling will be organised at Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, the detailed schedule will be announced later
- As per the order of the merit list the seats will be allocated to the qualified candidates.
- If the candidates fails to attend the counselling, the seat will be allocated to the next candidate as per the order of the merit list.
- It is required to attend the counselling along with the original certificates and tuition fee, University fee and counselling fee.
- If the candidates fail to submit the necessary certificates and mentioned fee, they will not be considered for the counselling .
- The candidates attending the counselling will have to pay Rs.5000 in the form of crossed Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Secretary, APMDCMA” payable at Vijayawada.
- Once the candidates are allocated seats, they will not be eligible to claim the admission in any other medical college.
- If the candidates seek admission in any college where the admission fee is lesser, the fee will be refunded after deducting the 10% of the tuition fee and Rs. 10,000 as processing fee. However, this is not applicable for the candidates admitted in any other state or to any other course.
- The selected candidates will need to join the college within the prescribed time.
- The selected candidates will need to pay Rs. 25,000 for MBBS course and Rs. 16,000 for BDS course. The demand draft should be drawn in favour “The Registrar, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences” payable at Vijayawada
- The candidates shall submit bank guarantee for remaining period of study.
Documents to be produced at the time of the counselling
- SSC certificate or Equivalent Examination showing the Date of Birth of the Candidate.
- Intermediate of A.P. or its equivalent examination with 10+2 pattern.
|Course||Un-aided Non-Minority-‘B’ category Seat R|
|MBBS||11,55,000/- P. A.|
|BDS||4,72,500/- P. A.|
The Tution Fee has to be paid in the form of crossed Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Secretary, APMDCMA” payable at Vijayawada on the day of Counselling.
All the regulation regarding the study and readmission will be directed by the Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences
Note – The candidates must note the fact that they have to pay the college fee and university fee on the day of selection / counseling itself failing to which the admission will be canceled
Andhra Pradesh Private Medical & Dental
Colleges Management’s Association,
Vijayawada – 520 008
The details provided here is based on the previous year information, it will be updated as soon as the latest information is announced.
For more on APMEDCO Admission 2017, stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/