Assam MBBS 2017 Admission – The admission to MBBS and BDS courses will be granted on the basis of NEET 2017 score in all the medical and dental colleges of Assam. Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Assam, has released provisional merit list of Assam MBBS 2017. the merit list of Assam MBBS 2017 contains name, roll number, subject wise marks and NEET total marks. The registration process of Assam MBBS 2017 will commence in second of July. However, the application form of Assam MBBS 2017 for reserved category candidates has been made available. It has to be filled in online. The reserved category candidates can download the application form from the link provided in the article below. After the completion of application procedure, the final merit list of Assam MBBS will be released based on which admission to MBBS and BDS courses will be offered. In total, there are 726 MBBS and 40 BDS seats in the Assam. From all the government medical and dental institutions of Assam, 15% seats are reserved for All India Quota seats and will be filled through NEET counselling. Assam MBBS admission 2017 for admission to 15% All India Quota seats and Deemed University will be done by online counselling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). All the remaining 85% state government quota seats will be allotted by Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Himachal Pradesh. The admission into Government medical and dental colleges will be offered on the basis of merit position of Assam MBBS 2017 merit list. For details like application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, merit list and counselling of Assam MBBS admission 2017, read below.
Latest: Assam MBBS 2017 Merit List available here
Salient Features of Assam MBBS 2017
Entrance Examination – There will not be any state entrance examination, the admission will be offered on the basis of National Eligibility Entrance Examination
Counselling body – Directorate of Medical Education, Assam
Admission level – State level
Number of seats – 726 MBBS + 40 BDS
Courses offered – MBBS and BDS
Duration of the courses:
MBBS – 4 and a half years + 1 year of the rotational internship
BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational internship
Candidates willing for Assam MBBS admission 2017 can check the important dates to keep a track on crucial admission events. check the important dates of Assam MBBS admission below.
|S. No.||Assam MBBS admission 2017||Important Dates|
|1.||Availability of the Assam MBBS 2017 Application Form||July 2017|
|2.||Last date to avail the Assam MBBS Application form||July 2017|
|3.||Announcement of Assam MBBS 2017 Merit list||July , 3 2017|
|4.||Assam MBBS 2017 Counselling round 1||July 2017|
|5||Assam MBBS 2017 Counselling round 2||July 2017|
Below are the conditions needed to be fulfilled by the candidates to apply for the Assam MBBS 2017
- The applicant should be registered citizen of the Assam.
- The parent of the candidates must be living in the Assam for not less than 20 years.
- The above condition will not be applicable to son/daughter of officers of All India Services working in Assam.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in10+2.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with 60% and for the candidates belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H) /OBC/MOBC the marks should be 50%
- The applicant must have studied from class VI to X in the state of Assam
- The candidate must have appeared and qualified NEET 2017
- At the time of admission, the age of the candidate should be at least 17 years.
- The upper age limit is 24 years.
The application form of the Assam MBBS 2017 will be available in the online mode. Below are the steps the applicants need to follow to fill the application form
- The candidates need to click on the given link and the registration form will be displayed on the screen
- Fill all the given credentials in the registration form like personal, academic and address details
- Also, the candidates need to upload the image of the signature and photograph
- The size of the photograph should be between 35Kb to 20Kb and the size of signature should be between 30Kb to 15Kb.
- The format of the signature and photograph should either be .jpeg or .jpg
- After filling all the details the login ID of the candidate will be created.
- The candidates are advised to keep the password carefully created at the time of making login ID.
- The login ID and password will be used further to login into the Assam MBBS 2017 Application Form
- After successfully submitting the online application form, the candidate need to take print out of the e-challan and deposit requisite fee in any branch of the State Bank of India.
- It is to be noted that the candidates will have to deposit Rs.1240 (along with bank charges Rs.60) as application fee on the second working day after the successful submission of the application form.
- The applicant will receive the copy of challan showing the transaction Id after the submission of fee.
- Also, it is advised to the candidates to take the print out of the Assam MBBS 2017 Application Form.
The merit list of the Assam MBBS 2017 has been released by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Himachal Pradesh on July 3. It is provisional merit list prepared on the basis of NEET 2017 result. It contains name, roll number, subject wise marks secured, total marks etc. Through this, an idea of final merit list can be figured. The final merit list of Assam MBBS 2017 will be published after the completion of the registration process. Admission to medical and dental institutions of Assam will be offered on the basis final merit list of Assam MBBS.
Below are the steps to be followed in the counseling procedure of the Assam MBBS 2017
- The Assam MBBS 2017 Counselling will be organised in the offline mode
- The candidate participating in the counseling procedure need to fill the separate application form (Form B)
- The candidates will have to pay Rs.500 as the counselling fee
- The order of the preference of the course and institute will be provided in the Form B
- Before the seat allotment, the document verification will be done. The candidates need to be present with all the necessary documents before the admission committee.
- As per the merit list and order of the preference, the seat will be allocated to the candidate.
- If after the seat allocation, candidate wishes to forefeit the seat, they have to the penalty Rs. 3,00,000 for MBBS and Rs. 2,00,000 for BDS. The amount shall have to be paid in the form of demand draft in the favour Director of Medical Education, Assam payable at Guwahati
- The candidate will have to pay the counseling fee in the interview round.
Important documents required at time Assam MBBS 2017 Counselling
Below are the documents required to be produced at the time of the verification before the Assam MBBS Counselling.
- The Candidates need to bring Form – B in the original duly and properly filled in along with all relevant annexure certificate attached with Form-’B’
- NEET 2017 Rank card
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- Class X Marks sheet and Certificate
- Class XII Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Recent passport-size photograph (4 copies)
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (to be issued by D.C./S.D.O. (Civil) of concerning District/Sub-Division)
- Academic Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste/Category Certificate (if applicable)
Note: A set of all the documents mentioned above has to be submitted by the candidates. These documents should be self-attested by the candidates.
Participating institutes of Assam MBBS 2017 and the number of intakes
Below are the 6 medical colleges in Assam along with the number of seats available in each institute
|S. No.||Name of the Colleges||Number of Seats|
|1.||Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||170|
|2.||Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital, Barpeta||100|
|3.||Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati||156|
|4.||Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat||100|
|5.||Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar||100|
|6.||Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur||100|
Note:- All the colleges listed here are affiliated to Srimanta Shankardeva University of Health Sciences.
Reservation of seat in Assam MBBS 2017
|S No||Category||Percentage of reservation|
|1.||Other backward classes||15%|
|3.||Schedule Tribes (Plains)||10%|
|4.||Schedule Tribes (Hills)||5%|
Fee structure of the Assam MBBS 2017
All the participating institutes of Assam MBBS 2017 have the same fee structure. Below is fee structure of all the medical colleges of Assam
|Type of Fee/charges||Amount|
|Registration Charges||For the candidates outside Assam Rs.15,000||For the candidates belonging to Assam Rs.5,000|
|Provisional pass certificate fee||Rs.1000|
|Original pass certificate fee||Rs.5000|