Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017 – Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination will organise the admission procedure to allocate seat into the medical and dental colleges of Jharkhand. Admission to the MBBS and BDS courses will be based on NEET 2017 Score. This is to be noted that admission into the 85% state quota seats will be offered by the JCECE board. There are 5 medical and 2 dental Government colleges in Jharkhand. As per the latest notification of JCECE Board, the candidates should keep ready their Aadhar as there are high chances that it will be required at the time of registration. For the detailed information like schedule, application procedure, eligibility criteria, merit list and counselling of Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017, read the article below.
The applicants must note that it is mandatory for the candidates to appear and qualify NEET 2017 in order to be eligible for Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Admission.
Salient features of Jharkhand MBBS 2017
Entrance Examination – There will not be any state level entrance examination, the admission will be through NEET 2017 score
Counselling body – Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
Admission level – State level
Courses offered – MBBS and BDS
Duration of the courses:
MBBS – 4 and a half year + 1 year of the rotational internship
BDS – 4 years + 1 year of the rotational intenship
It is important for the candidates to track all the important dates related to the admission procedure of the Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017. Below is the expected schedule of the Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017
|1.||Announcement of the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Application Form||June 2017|
|2.||Last date to fill and submit the application form||June 2017|
|3.||Declaration of the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Merit list||July 2017|
|4.||Jharkhand MBBS 2017 first round of Counselling||1st week of August 2017|
|5.||Jharkhand MBBS 2017 second round of Counselling||1st week of September 2017|
Participating Institutes of Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Admission
below are the six medical and dental colleges in the Jharkhand.
|S No||Name of the College|
|1.||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Bariatu, Ranchi|
|2.||Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Jamshedpur|
|3.||Patliputra Medical College, Dhanbad|
|4.||Vananchal Dental College & Hospital, Garhwa|
|5.||Hazaribagh College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Hazaribagh|
Below are the set of conditions to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to be eligible to apply for the Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017
- The candidates must be 17 years old at the time of the admission
- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian
- The candidates who passed 10+2 from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB group) will be eligible to apply for the Jharkhand MBBS Admission.
- The candidate must have secured 50% and 40% in general and SC/ST category respectively.
- For the candidates falling under the physically handicapped category, the minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 is 40%
- Also, the candidates must have appeared and qualified NEET 2017. The applicants can check the NEET 2017 Qualifying percentile.
- If the candidate is taking admission under the state quota seats, he/she must be the registered resident of the Jharkhand.
- Medical check up of the candidates will be done, only those who are medically fit will be provided admission.
- Since the admission will be through NEET 2017 score, it is advised to go through the NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria as well. The application form of the eligible candidates will be considered only.
In one of the latest notification issued by the JCECE Board, it has been notified to the candidates to keep ready their Aadhar Card if they do not have it as it might be needed at the time of applying. There are three methods using which the candidates can make the application named below.
Online – The link to fill and submit the online Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Application Form will be provided here after it will be announced. While filling the online application form, the candidates will have to upload the scanned images, signature and left-hand thumb impression
ICR Application Form – The candidates will need to download the application form “ICR Application form for JCECE 2017” and have to be send it along with the DD/Challan of the requisite amount Rs100.
Purchasing OMR application form through post office – The application form can also be purchased from the specified post office
- The candidates need to provide personal, academic and address details in the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Application Form
- The candidates can submit only one application form, in case more than one form is submitted, it will be rejected.
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded.
- The candidates making submission of the application form through the online mode need to make sure that they take the print out of the confirmation page for the future reference.
- The application fee for the General candidates is Rs.11,00 and Rs.550 for SC/ST category.
To appaer in the NEET 2017, the candidates will have to fill and submit the NEET 2017 Application Form
- The merit list of the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 will be announced after declaring the NEET 2017 Merit list.
- Central Board of Secondary Education will declare the NEET 2017 Merit list and JCECE Board will prepare their own merit list after implying its own reservation and policies.
- The Jharkhand Merit list will be announced category wise
- The Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Counselling and seat allocation will be done in the order of the merit list.
Tie break procedure for the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Admission
When the marks of two or more than two candidates are same, the tie break procedure is adopted. Below are the measures of the tie break
- The candidates possessing better marks in Biology
- In case, the above measure does not break the tie, the higher marks in Chemistry will be considered
- If both the above measures does not break the tie, the candidate older in age will be given preference.
- If all the above measures do not break the tie, the better rank will be allocated to the candidate whose name comes first in English alphabetical order.
Information regarding the Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Counselling will be provided through the leading daily news paper of the state. Jharkhand MBBS 2017 Counselling will be organised in the online mode. Below are the steps to be followed in the counselling process.
- fIrstly, the document verification of the called candidates will be done. The candidates will have to be present with all the original documents.
- After the document verification only, the candidates will be allowed to select the institute/course as per the order of the merit list.
- Based on the merit and choices selected by the candidate the seat will be allocated.
- If the seats remained vacant after the first round of the counselling, the second round of the counselling will be held.
- The candidates will have to submit Rs.750( for general) and Rs.500 (for SC/ST) as counselling fee.
The 15% All India Quota seats will be counselled through NEET 2017 Counselling
This must be noted that all the details provided above is based on the previous year information, it will be updated as soon as the current year’s brochure will be released
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board,
Science and Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum,
For the latest information on Jharkhand MBBS Admission 2017 stay tuned to http://www.entrancecorner.com/medical/