JIPMER MBBS 2017 – The JIPMER MBBS merit list 2017 has been released and candidates can download the same here. The entrance examination of JIPMER MBBS 2017 was conducted on June 04, by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER). Approximately 1,89,663 candidates registered for the JIPMER MBBS 2017 out of which around 1,49,369 candidates appeared for the exam. It was organised for around at 339 centres across 75 cities in the country. It was held in two slots, morning and afternoon. The slots were from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and in afternoon shift from 03:00 pm to 05:30 pm. The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2017 consists of 200 multiple choice questions, covering questions mainly from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. JIPMER MBBS result is to be announced on or before June 19, 2017. Through JIPMER MBBS 2017, candidates will be granted admission to 150 MBBS seats in Puducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal campus. As per the reports of last year, a total of 1,09,112 candidates appeared for JIPMER MBBS. Candidates can check JIPMER MBBS 2017 exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, dates, result and other related details in the article below.
As per the regulations of Supreme Court on NEET, JIPMER can conduct its own entrance exam for granting admission to 200 MBBS seats in two campuses. JIPMER is an institute of national importance under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Latest: JIPMER MBBS Result 2017 Announced – Check here
JIPMER MBBS Cutoff 2017 – Check Here
What’s New in JIPMER MBBS 2017
- The application fee of JIPMER MBBS 2017 has increased from Rs. 1000 to 1200 for General/OBC / NRI / OCI candidates. For SC/ST candidates, it’s been increased from Rs. 800 to 1000.
- The JIPMER MBBS 2017 is being organised in two shifts, in the previous session it was held in one shift.
- The marking scheme of JIPMER MBBS 2017 has changed. As per the latest marking pattern for each correct response, 4 marks will be allocated.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to bring e-Aadhaar card/Aadhar card/ Passport along with the JIPMER MBBS 2017 admit card on the day of the examination. Apart from the mentioned Id proof, no other document will be accepted.
Use Careers360 JIPMER MBBS Rank Predictor 2017 to Know your Rank
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Salient features
Exam Name – Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduation
Course – MBBS
Exam Conducting Body – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
Number of Seats – 150 (JIPMER Puducherry) + 50 (JIPMER Karakail)
Duration of the Course – 4 years and 6 months followed by 1 year of compulsory rotational internship
Information Brochure for JIPMER MBBS 2017 has been released. Through it, the conducting body has announced all the dates for JIPMER MBBS 2017. Candidates may check it all from the table below:
|S.No||JIPMER MBBS 2017 Events||Dates|
|1.||Online registration for the exam starts from||March 27, 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form is||May 03, 2017|
|3.||Issuance of admit card will start from||May 22 to June 04, 2017|
|4.||JIPMER MBBS 2017 entrance exam will be held on||June 04, 2017|
|5.||Merit list will be announced on||June 09, 2017|
|6.||Counselling round 1||June 27 to 30, 2017|
|7.||Counselling round 2||July 19, 2017|
|8.||Counselling round 3||August 23, 2017|
|9.||Admission formalities are to be fulfilled||July 03, 2017 (JIPMER Karaikal)
July 04, 2017 (JIPMER Puducherry)
|10.||Admission letter will be issued on||July 03, 2017 (JIPMER Karaikal)
July 04, 2017 (JIPMER Puducherry)
|11.||Classes will commence from||July 05, 2017|
|12.||Admission for MBBS 2017 will close on||September 30, 2017|
Below is the Exam Pattern of JIPMER MBBS 2017
|Question Type||Objective, multiple choice|
|Number of questions||200|
|Language of the question paper||English|
|Topics covered in JIPMER MBBS 2017|
|Logic and Quantitative Reasoning||10 questions|
|English and Comprehension||10 questions|
|JIPMER MBBS Marking Scheme|
|Number of options for each question||4|
|Marking||4 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||There is no provision of the negative making|
|The questions which are marked for review will be considered as answers|
In the examination hall, Biometric authentication through digital device and hard copy of signature and fingerprint in attendance sheet will be taken. The candidate must sign the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place and affix the Left Index Finger impression against the appropriate column of the Attendance Sheet. Failure to do so, the candidature will be cancelled without any prior intimation.
The answer key of JIPMER MBBS does not release, the entrance examination is held in the computer based mode (CBT) mode. JIPMER has not issued the answer key in the previous session which is why there are less chances that it will be released this year. However, if JIPMER MBBS Answer key 2017 is released, the candidates will be able to access it from here. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2017 will be announced on June 19, 2017, and after thereafter the candidates will be able to check their score.
The merit list of JIPMER MBBS 2017 has been released. The rank card of the JIPMER MBBS 2017 will be released on or before June 09, 2017. It will be available for the candidates in the online mode. The result will reflect the name of the qualified candidates. The link to the result will be provided here as it will be released.
The cutoff of the JIPMER MBBS 2017 shows the minimum qualifying marks for the candidates in each category. Below is the cutoff of JIPMER MBBS
|Unreserved (UR) -OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
Total number of candidates (category-wise) appeared in JIPMER MBBS
Last year 1,38,229 candidates appeared for JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. Candidates can check the category-wise number of candidates appeared in online entrance examination.
|Category||Number of Candidates|
|OBC Non – Creamy||34305|
|P – OBC||2217|
|NRI/OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||326|
The counselling of JIPMER MBBS 2017 will tentatively start from June 27, 2017. Before starting the counselling procedure, the biometric and thumbprint impression will be taken again. In case, there is any mismatch, the counselling of such candidates will not be considered. The merit list of all the category candidates based on the result is prepared. For the complete details on how the counselling will be carried out, the required document click on the JIMPER MBBS 2017 Counselling.
The reservation in JIPMER, for the candidates belonging to various categories is as below:
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|Reservation for Orthopedically Handicapped (OPH) Candidates|
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Fee Structure
Below is the fee structure of MBBS in JIPMER MBBS 2017.
|1.||Admission Fee (one time.)||Rs. 4,000|
|2.||Academic Fee (p.a.)||Rs. 1,400|
|3.||JIPMER Students Association Fee (p.a.)||Rs. 2,000|
|4.||Learning Resource Fee (p.a.)||Rs. 2,000|
|5.||Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (p.a.)||Rs. 70|
|6.||IT Charges||Rs. 2,000|
|7.||Establishment Charges (p.a)||Rs. 6,000|
|8.||Hostel Caution Deposit||Rs. 5,000|
|9.||Hostel Mess Deposit||Rs. 3,000|
Academic fee for NRI/OCI candidates – Academic fee of US $75,000/- + Transaction charges as applicable. This will be one-time payment for entire duration of the course. The Admission letter will be issued the candidate after the successful payment of the fee.
Payment to be made in foreign currency by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Accounts Officer, JIPMER, Puducherry payable at “PUDUCHERRY”
The candidates must note that the Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry the JIPMER MBBS 2017 Admit card along with the valid ID proof. In case, the candidate does not possess the hall ticket he/she will not be allowed to take the exam. The candidates will need to bring e-Aadhar card/Aadhar card/Paasport. It is to be noted apart from the mentioned documents, no other certificate will be accepted. Below are the important points to be noted by the candidates about JIPMER MBBS 2017 Admit Card.
- JIPMER MBBS 2017 admit card is issued on May 22, 2017.
- The last date to download the admit card will be June 04, 2017.
- The JIPMER MBBS 2017 Admit Card is being issued only to those candidates who have successfully filled and submitted their application form.
- The admit card contains name, date of birth as provided by the candidate in the application, photo, signature image as uploaded by the candidate, examination city and roll number.
- Any request for the rectification or change in the details of hall ticket is not being entertained.
Below are the important points to take note of in regard to the exam centre of the JIPMER MBBS.
- JIPMER MBBS 2017 is a national level entrance examination due to which it will be held across the nation. The exam will be organised in 75 cities across the country.
- The candidates must note that in their application form they can opt for 3 exam centres
- The allotment of the exam centres will as per the first cum first serve basis.
- Normally the first preference will be allotted to the candidate. However, JIPMER reserves the right to allot any exam city other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- It is to be noted by the candidates that no request for the change of the exam centres will be entertained.
- If out of the three choices selected by the candidate none is available, the authority will allocate the nearby exam centres to the selected venues
- In case of any unforeseen situation occurs, the exam centres can be cancelled and a new exam centres will be allocated which will be intimated via newspaper/website.
The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. JIPMER MBBS 2017 syllabus covers questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language & Comprehension and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
Below are the conditions needed to be fulfilled by the candidates to apply for the MBBS programme in JIPMER
- The Nationality of the candidate should be Indian
- By the time of the admission, the candidate must have completed the age of 17.
- It is to be noted that the request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants
- There is no upper age limit.
- The candidate should have passed Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate or the examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination
- The last two years of study should comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The candidates of different category need to score the prescribed marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology individually and together, check the table below for the marks
|Category||Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology individually||Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology altogether||Marks in the Competitive entrance examination|
|SC/ ST or OBC||40%||40%||40%|
Apart from this, there are certain conditions which will make the candidate ineligible. To know the ineligibility criteria and other details, JIPMER MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria click here.
The application procedure of JIPMER MBBS 2017 has started, interested candidates can fill and submit the online application form accessing the given link. The candidate will need their scanned passport size photograph and thumbprint. Also, it is to be noted by the candidates that after the successful submission of the application form change in the category/Age/Name/DOB is not allowed. It is advised to the candidates to go through all the pre-requisites before applying. To do so, the candidates can click on the JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2017.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Fee
Below is the complete fee structure for the different category candidates
|Category||JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Fee||Mode of Payment|
|General (UR) / OBC / NRI / OCI||INR 1200+Transaction Charges||Through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card|
|OPH||Exempted for application fee|
Important Points of JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Procedure
Below are some of the points to be taken care by the candidates in regard to the application procedure
- Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line.
- Refund of application fee will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The applicants are therefore required to exercise due caution while filling and making online payment.
- The application once submitted is final and no request for change in any data filled by the applicant will be entertained at any stage.
- Also, the candidates are advised to keep the hard copy of the filled and submitted application form with them for their own record.
- It is to be noted by the candidates that in the event of rejection of the on-line application form, no request for the reconsideration will be entertained.
The Dean (Academic), III-Floor,
JIPMER Academic Centre,
Dhanvantri Nagar P.O, Puducherry 605 006.
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org