JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation of Seats: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research will implement the Reservation of seats for JIPMER PG 2017 according to the guidelines of the Government of India. JIPMER PG 2017 Examination has concluded on December 11, 2016 for its January session. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories must fill the application and indicate their category therein. They will also be asked to furnish proof of their eligibility for the quota available under the JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation of Seats. Read the full article below to know more about JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation of Seats.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation at a Glance
Given below is the number of seats reserved for different categories in JIPMER PG 2017.
|Open to all candidates||34 seats|
|Sponsored Candidates||5 seats|
|Foreign National Candidates||6 seats|
|Institute (INST)||Open to candidates who have graduated from JIPMER||
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Open to all candidates tallying with the Central list of OBC and not belonging to the Creamy Layer.||
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Open to all Scheduled Caste candidates||
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Open to all Scheduled Tribe candidates||
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation Policy for OBC
- JIPMER PG 2017 OBC candidates claiming reservation of seat should not belong to the Creamy Layer.
- Income Tax Returns of the last three years belonging to the candidate’s parents are to be produced as proof that the candidate does not belong to the Creamy layer.
- In case of parents not filing any income tax, candidates can also produce Income certificate from a competent authority.
- To claim a seat under the OBC category, candidates have to submit a recent certificate from their parent’s employer indicating the parent’s designation and class/group.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation Policy for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category are eligible for reserved seats as per Government instructions.
- SC/ST candidates are required to fulfil the minimum required admission requirements prescribed by the Institute.
- SC/ST candidates are required to produce certificate supporting their claims from their District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ First Class Stipendiary Magistrate, Sub Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar, Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate or his/her family resides.
- If the certificate produced is not in English, an English certificate of their caste certificate attested by a Gazetted officer should also be produced.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation Policy for OPH
- 3% reservation for orthopaedic physically challenged shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available as per their rank in the merit list.
- Under the Disability Act, the reservation is only applicable to candidates with locomotor disability confined only to lower limbs between 50% and 70%.
- In case eligible candidates are not found, then the candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% and 50% will be considered for admission.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability are not eligible for benefit of reservation under OPH category.
- The disability certificate should be produced by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board or State, Central of Government Institutions.
- Candidates should also appear before a Medical Board of JIPMER and obtain a valid Disability certificate prior to admission.
- The suitability of the candidate against his/her disability (Locomotor/ Visual/ Auditory) will be assessed against the patient safety norms for due certification by the Medical board.
- The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board will be final.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation Policy for Sponsored Candidates
- The candidate concerned should be a permanent or regular employee of the deputing /sponsoring authority, and should have been working for at least last three years.
- After training at JIPMER, the candidate should be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the speciality in which training is received by the candidate at the JIPMER.
- No financial implications, in the form of emoluments/stipends and more should fall on JIPMER and the sponsoring authority should be responsible for any such payments.