JIPMER PG 2017 Result: The result of JIPMER PG 2017 July session will be declared by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) on May 31, 2017. JIPMER PG Result will contain the name of the qualified candidates along with the rank secured. Based on the result, JIPMER PG 2017 merit list will be prepared and accordingly admission will be offered. The qualifying percentile for the unreserved, sponsored and Foreign Nationals is 50th percentile while UR (OPH) and OBC/SC/ST candidates will need to secure 25th and 40th percentile in their respective category. For the complete details on JIPMER PG 2017 July session result, read the article below.
JIPMER PG 2017 Result: Qualifying Percentile
The entrance exam for JIPMER PG 2017 will be conducted on May 21, 2017, in the online mode. There will be 250 Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response and four alternatives.
The Merit List of JIPMER PG 2017 is based on Percentile and drawn category wise depending on minimum percentile as given below:
|S. No||Category||Minimum Percentile|
|1.||Unreserved (UR)/Institute (INST)/Sponsored/Deputed (SD)/Foreign Nationals (FN)||
|2.||Orthopaedic Physically Challenged – UR (OPH)||45th Percentile|
|3.||OBC/SC/ST (including OPH)||40th Percentile|
Candidates who have secured less than the minimum percentile in JIPMER PG 2017 Exam will not be considered for admission.
JIPMER PG 2017 Merit List
JIPMER PG 2017 July session merit list will be declared on May 31, 2017. Merit list consists of the names of all applicants along with their date of birth, percentile, rank and eligibility. Link to merit list will be uploaded here as soon as released by the official authority.
JIPMER PG 2017 Validity of Merit List and Rank Letter
- Merit list prepared for category – wise (UR, OBC, INST, SC, ST, OPH) is now displayed in the Notice Board of Academic Section, JIPMER
- The validity of Merit List will be only for the current academic session i.e., July 2017 session admission of MD/MS courses.
- The validity of the Merit List cannot be carried forward to another session.
- The applicants will have to enter their registered user id and password to download and print the rank letter.
- Merit/Rank/Counselling letters will not be sent to candidates individually.
- The downloaded rank letter is to be kept safe till the completion of admission procedure and is to be brought at the counselling session for document verification.
JIPMER PG 2017 Tie Breaker
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining the same percentile in JIPMER PG 2017 Entrance Examination, their Inter-Se-Merit shall be determined as follows:
- Candidates scoring less negative marks will be placed at a higher merit.
- In case of a tie with same percentile rank and the same number of wrong responses, date of birth shall be considered to determine inter-se-merit. An elder candidate shall be placed at a higher merit.