JIPMER PG 2017 Seat Allotment will commence on December 21, 2016. The schedule for the MD/MS and DM/MCh candidates are different. The seat allocation round of DM/MCh candidates will be done on December 28, 2016. Also, for the MD/MS, there are two rounds of the seat allotment. It is the final phase of the admission procedure of the JIPMER PG 2017 entrance exam. It is part of the counselling and under this seats are allocated to the selected candidates. The seat allotment schedule of the JIPMER PG has been released. The candidates can check the complete schedule below. Reservation is also given to some categories by JIPMER. For the complete schedule, seat matrix, reservation and procedure of the JIPMER PG 2017 Seat Allotment, read the article below.
JIPMER PG 2017 Examination was conducted on December 11, 2016 to admit suitable candidates for its various Postgraduate programmes. JIPMER PG 2017 was a computer based examination with 250 Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response and four alternatives.
JIPMER PG 2017 Seat Allotment
- Candidates who are successful in securing the minimum qualifying marks or percentile will be called for the JIPMER PG 2017 counselling and seat allotment.
- JIPMER PG 2017 qualified candidates who successfully secure their seats after counselling will undergo medical examination and biometric (fingerprint/signature verification).
- The admission letter will be issued after the verification of documents, clearance of medical examination and biometric parameters.
Certificates to be Submitted for Verification:
There are certain original documents and certificates that need to be submitted by the candidate to the JIPMER authorities:
- JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Card with the seal of the invigilator.
- JIPMER PG 2017 Rank Letter
- Proof of registration as OCI.
- Birth certificate
- Residence certificate
- Conduct, Transfer and Migration certificates from the last attended institute.
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration certificate
- Service candidate should produce NOC/Relieving order and a certificate granting study leave.
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding his/her caste.
- OBC candidates should submit their certificates including last three years of Income Tax returns.
- SC/ST candidates should submit their certificate signed by a competent authority.
- Medical certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Certificate recognizing the candidate from the Institute last studied.
- Four Passport size colour photo.
JIPMER PG 2017 Fee Structure:
Selected candidates have to pay the admission fees and more on the day given in their letter of selection. Given below is the fee structure of JIPMER PG 2017.
Tuition Fee/Admission Fee
|S.No||Description||MD/MS (Fee in INR)|
|1.||Admission fee (One time)||3,000.00|
|2.||Academic fee (Annual)||2,200.00|
|3.||Learning Resource Fee (One Time)||9,000.00|
|S.No||Description||MD/MS (Fee in INR)|
|1.||Establishment charges (Annual)||5,000.00|
|2.||Hostel caution deposit||1,000.00|
JIPMER PG 2017 Contracts and Emoluments
All Postgraduate students will be required to enter into contract as prescribed by the Institute. The conditions of the contract are:
- All the candidates, admitted to various courses, will be appointed as ‘Junior Resident’ during the period of the course. The total duration of the salary period of Junior residents shall not exceed three years.
- The candidates admitted to Degree course will be paid as per the pay scales and other allowances admissible under rules and as approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India from time to time.
- During the period of the Junior Residency, candidates are not eligible to receive or apply for Scholarship / Financial Assistance / Salary / Railway concessions of any kind, etc. from any other source as they are in a stipendiary post fixed by the Government. Private Medical practice is not permitted during the period of Post Graduate course.
- If the Junior Resident is suspended from duty in connection with any investigation into his / her conduct, he / she shall not be entitled to any emoluments during such a period of suspension.
JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation of Seats
JIPMER PG 2017 Candidates belonging to the minority quota can also apply for admission for reserved seats. Seats are also reserved for candidates who have completed their MBBS in JIPMER. Given below is the number of seats available in the reserved category.
For more details check JIPMER PG 2017 Reservation of Seats.
|Open to all candidates||34 seats|
|Sponsored Candidates||05 seats|
|Foreign National Candidates||06 seats|
|Open to all candidates who have graduated from JIPMER||
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
|Open to all candidates tallying with the Central list of OBC and not belonging to the creamy layer.||
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Open to all Scheduled Caste candidates||17 seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Open to all Scheduled Tribe candidates||9 seats|
Statistics of JIPMER PG 2016 Seat Allotment – Seat Matrix
Below is the number of seats available in the each course of JIPMER PG 2017
|S.No||Disciplines||No. of Seats|
|For all Indian nationals||For Indian Candidates Sponsored by Govt. (Central/State/Services)||For Foreign National Candidates|
|5.||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||04||00||
|9.||Immuno Hematology and & Blood Transfusion||1||00||01|
|2.||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||09||01||01|
Below is the seat matrix for the M.Ch/D.M courses
|Course, Specialisation and Number of Seats|
|D.M.||Number of Seats||M.Ch||Number of Seats|
|Cardiology||2||Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery||1|
|Clinical Immunology||1||Neuro- Surgery||1|
|Medical Oncology||1||Surgical Gastroenterology||1|
|Paediatric Critical Care||2|